A Couple Hundred New Victims...

Tonight I attended the Brighton City Council meeting on the new ordinance for "home occupations". I was an army of ONE! We had discussed this issue on our site (www.brightoncc.com) a couple of weeks ago. At that time I asked for citizens that would be effected to step up and assist me with our handling of the city, and got no response from anyone within the city limits. So, I swallowed that huge lump in my throat and made the effort to do this by myself. I nearly had the council convinced that their best option was to table the entire thing, extend the present moratorium, and wait for the boys in Lansing to do their thing. Unfortunately, they discovered, when they discussed this option, that they would have to do first and second readings on extending the moratorium, which official runs out Aug. 17th and that would leave the city defenseless for 30 days, during which time someone could open a dispensary, so they felt it was imperative that they act tonight. The vote went 5-2 in approval of the moratorium. Well, I did my best, but this does leave a couple hundred patients and caregivers with major problems which include police inspections to ensure that they are within the limits of the law. Peace...j.b.

I wish you would of send me a pm Juztbudz ....

I would of try being there ....

There are So many Battles and So few Supporters ...

Most people just stay home ...

or they do their own things ....

Groups fallin apart everywhere ....

Their beatin Us down ...

The Front Lines are Rough ...

I feel you Pain ...

Much more then you know ....

What really sucks is when you help others ...

then once life is good for them ,

those people disappear ?

No Thank Yous ... No Nothing ...

No Support Back ...

I feel your frustration Doug, not much gratitude for all you've done for that community. Take heart , bro as you can only do so much .

Like Dr T , If I had known , I would have shown , cause with an army of one , it's just too hard to get the job done ... Look forward to seeing you one of these days .... Peace

Tonight I attended the Brighton City Council meeting on the new ordinance for "home occupations". I was an army of ONE! We had discussed this issue on our site (www.brightoncc.com) a couple of weeks ago. At that time I asked for citizens that would be effected to step up and assist me with our handling of the city, and got no response from anyone within the city limits. So, I swallowed that huge lump in my throat and made the effort to do this by myself. I nearly had the council convinced that their best option was to table the entire thing, extend the present moratorium, and wait for the boys in Lansing to do their thing. Unfortunately, they discovered, when they discussed this option, that they would have to do first and second readings on extending the moratorium, which official runs out Aug. 17th and that would leave the city defenseless for 30 days, during which time someone could open a dispensary, so they felt it was imperative that they act tonight. The vote went 5-2 in approval of the moratorium. Well, I did my best, but this does leave a couple hundred patients and caregivers with major problems which include police inspections to ensure that they are within the limits of the law. Peace...j.b.

Don't like it one bit... am also under the impression that Dexter, MI has done the same. CRAZY!

JB was down in Brighton yesterday, I noticed the headlines on their newspaper the Argus was "Brighton says No to POT Shops" .

I announced to as many people as cared to listen that, "... it's not POT it's Medicinal Cannabis just like it says here [ on my XXLg Black on White MMMA Original 'T' ] That I bought at the Brighton Library from the 'treasurer' , TY.

I had to do a Mercy Mission Cargiver Tour to a hopeless alcoholic , my X sister in law ! Couldn't believe her appetite we ate inside at Arbys' and Burger King , shopping at Meijers, Dollar Store, was just thinking what a grin ? that might have been to anyone who caught the act . She was half in the bag... what a you gonna due ... sad ? but true !

Wish you were there .... Peace

When people start complaining about the ruling, ask them where they when they were asked to help defend the law. Most of us are in poor health but many do more than some healthy people do. Most are very poor but somehow they manage to get to where they need to go, even if it means going without something they need. I'd be there if I lived closer. Just ask them how important it is to them and see what they say, especially if given the info in advance so they know how badly it would affect them. It's harder to undo a law once it's been enacted, our reps and local decision makers know this well. This makes the whole community look bad, because it'll come back to bite us, as observers on both sides say how disorganized we are and how lazy we are. It's bad enough fighting that kind of propaganda, we don't need to make it true. I'm sorry this has happened, though I'm glad at least someone tried, and I know others who didn't get the info in time would've gladly come in support if they knew so they could plan for it. Some can jump up and go, on very little notice. Next time, make sure the notice stays where it will be seen, bump it a few times if ncessary.. Oh well, hopefully next time, if there is a next time.

Hey Jb I'm sad I only spoke with you for such a short time at the Loft, you were gonna return but never did.

Sb

My wife and I were the solo people at my township when they voted on a zoning ordinance. At least I got my township to say for a CG assisting 1 PT in their own residence, the ordinance doesn't apply. It does mean I can't sign up any new PT's however. At least ones that they can prove weren't my PT's at the time :))

So I feel your pain. It is hard to do, stand up in front of people who may see you walking down the street. It'll all change once the COA and supreme court start ruling on the law.

And, lets all hope for the Ron Paul/Barney Frank bill to pass!

Guest knucklehead bob

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. :(

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wish you would of send me a pm Juztbudz ....

I would of try being there ....

There are So many Battles and So few Supporters ...

Most people just stay home ...

or they do their own things ....

Groups fallin apart everywhere ....

Their beatin Us down ...

The Front Lines are Rough ...

I feel you Pain ...

Much more then you know ....

What really sucks is when you help others ...

then once life is good for them ,

those people disappear ?

No Thank Yous ... No Nothing ...

No Support Back ...

So, so true I couldn't get our club members to do anything but beg for grow help and beg for genitics. They'll be a cry'in soon I'm afraid. Then they'll come a calling wanting us to fix it all again. Well ya know folks,,, it wasn't fixed to begin with......... Your still hunted no matter how sick ya maybe..........

Archived