Plant Photos

Hi all, it's been a while since I have posted anything here, have been a member for about a year now. I would like to introduce myself.

I recently moved back to Michigan after 25 years in NYC. In New York I was, and still am a photographer. One of my main clients was High Times magazine, where for the last 20+ years I have been one of their top contributing photographers. My specialty was/is plants, I have shot dozens of covers and centerfolds over the years (my plants appearing in both places) I also did most of the celebrity portraits and product shots.

One of the reasons for moving back to Michigan, other than NYC getting too expensive, was to raise our family. I remember how much I enjoyed the natural environment Michigan has to offer when I was growing up here. We have been visiting constantly over the years and decided it was time to move back, despite the economy.

Anyway... I'm still doing work for High Times and am looking for plants/gardens to photograph for the covers and centerfolds. Right now I'm looking for people up north in the Petosky to Traverse City area that have exceptional plants to shoot (will also be traveling downstate for shoots). If anyone is interested let me know, your names need not be know if that's what you , High Times has always respected peoples anonymity.

There is a few guidelines the plants must follow : The plants must be in good/GREAT shape, no brown tips or fertilizer damage, NO BUGS (unless it's a pest story) NO dogs around the garden, plants attract dog hair that shows up in close up photos,...the frostier the better of course, people LOVE to see trichomes, BIG buds of course is best. If you think your plants are centerfold or cover material and you want some high quality photos, or you want to see yours on the cover, let me know and we can talk about a visit. I'm also a patient so there is no worry in that area.

I know many people have some issues with High Times, I have a few myself, but if anyone wants to participate please let me know.

I can also be available for consultation regarding plant/growing issues.I have a lot of information gathered over my 20 years working for the magazine and the industry and would love the chance to talk and meet with others out there. I hope to hear from some of you.

Cheers,

Medigrowr

Very cool, medigrowr! Has HT done a feature article on MI yet? I would love to see the plants of some growers here on the board in the pages of that old rag. I might even buy a copy!

+1

That would be awesome to open it up and see pics of someones garden you actually "know" :thumbsu:

Very cool, medigrowr! Has HT done a feature article on MI yet? I would love to see the plants of some growers here on the board in the pages of that old rag. I might even buy a copy!

Yes they do have a Michigan story coming out in the next issue (or two) am not sure since this was done just before I moved back. I AM going to try to push for Michigan related articles and issues facing the medical community here, so feel free to raise any issues people may have here in Michigan.

Good luck getting some local pros to let you see their grow. I know some who will and some who won't, so good luck finding those that are willing to share with you and the world of "High Times". As MMMezz says, it would be very cool!

Also, welcome back to Michigan. I hope your family has nothing but good times, health, prosperity, good friends, and each other to share this experience with. May it be an outstanding move for you and yours.2rnbyww.jpg

Good luck getting some local pros to let you see their grow. I know some who will and some who won't, so good luck finding those that are willing to share with you and the world of "High Times". As MMMezz says, it would be very cool!

Also, welcome back to Michigan. I hope your family has nothing but good times, health, prosperity, good friends, and each other to share this experience with. May it be an outstanding move for you and yours.2rnbyww.jpg

Thanks, believe me I am well used to it, I have been blindfolded, driven around in circles, had my phones held, disguised more than you can imagine. But I can understand peoples paranoia, you can't be too careful, more people need to be as obsessive about privacy. But also names and places are always changed. I hope some people are willing to show others what they can do, anonymously of course. There is no reason really to say where a garden is, other than in VERY general terms.

Thanks for the welcome back, we are trying to be positive about the current situation. The clean air and peace & quiet is great, can't beat that !

Thanks, believe me I am well used to it, I have been blindfolded, driven around in circles, had my phones held, disguised more than you can imagine. But I can understand peoples paranoia, you can't be too careful, more people need to be as obsessive about privacy. But also names and places are always changed. I hope some people are willing to show others what they can do, anonymously of course. There is no reason really to say where a garden is, other than in VERY general terms.

Thanks for the welcome back, we are trying to be positive about the current situation. The clean air and peace & quiet is great, can't beat that !

The truly paranoid know that once you lead a horse to water, he will find his way back... gps phone, camera, watch, glasses, belt , shoe, case, hat, water bottle, tripod, inseam, strap, tooth,pen,ring,sweater,colon,,,

The truly paranoid know that once you lead a horse to water, he will find his way back... gps phone, camera, watch, glasses, belt , shoe, case, hat, water bottle, tripod, inseam, strap, tooth,pen,ring,sweater,colon,,,

Obsessive and paranoid are of course two different things, they don't always go hand in hand, a small dose of paranoia can go a long way ... or of course make you crazy as well.

Archived