Safe Posting Pics?

Space-Man

it seems safe to me, but like anything if someone or something wants you stuff and more info they can get it LOL I and many others use like photobucket or other services to post pics on here. You are not allowed to post many with the space they allow. I use photobucket.com and like it.

it seems safe to me, but like anything if someone or something wants you stuff and more info they can get it LOL I and many others use like photobucket or other services to post pics on here. You are not allowed to post many with the space they allow. I use photobucket.com and like it.

I think I have noticed people using Photobucket...does that mean I just post the link to the photos?

on photobucket you can get a link to image that will display the image on this site. Its pretty cool, you would just copy the link and then past in your message. You would just left click on the image link and it will copy then you would right click and paste in your message here :) hope that helps

that is true mike...

almost all cell phone cameras and many

newer regular digital cameras will encrypt

the gps data right directly into the code of the

picture to make geocaching and treasure

hunting type games more interesting..

as well as tagging yourself on location...

personally i deleted almost all my pictures...

when i found out about it...

typical paranoia probably...

it's a conspiracy so the government can track your every move....

:devil:

probably...

Just upload your pictures into your gallery and use that link. There is no space limit if you upload them into your gallery. Here is a link to Bubblegrowers tutorial on how to upload and post pictures if you want to use your gallery which can be locked so it is private and not accessible to anyone else:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/tutorials/t-31-uploading-pictures-for-posting-on-mmma20/

Peace,

Porc

Nobody has yet mentioned EXIF data, so I'll throw it out here:

JPEG photos can contain personally identifiable information in some situations. Things like GPS location, camera make, model, serial number or other info could be attached to images using the EXIF protocol.

Details on EXIF can be found at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif).

I would make sure your photos' EXIF data is clean enough for your comfort before uploading anything anywhere.

I'm a little paranoid, but I also avoid uploading images from IP addresses that can be tied to me. That involves more work and frustration and delays. As a grower you may have a healthy level of paranoia. If so, check out semi-anonymous proxy services like TOR or one of the paid proxy services.

Nobody has yet mentioned EXIF data, so I'll throw it out here:

JPEG photos can contain personally identifiable information in some situations. Things like GPS location, camera make, model, serial number or other info could be attached to images using the EXIF protocol.

That is all true, and paranoia can be expected because the legalities are still fresh, but as long you're legal at the state level you really don't have a lot to be scared of because if they want you, they are going to get you one way or another. The Feds really don't give a crap about small time medical growers that stay within state plant count limits as they nowhere near approach the mandatory minimum sentencing requirements. Just by posting in a forum or talking on any phone you are leaving an identifiable trail, unless you are a mad computer wiz :geek: !

Probably the most important thing is to make sure your gps tracking is off if you are taking pictures with a device that records that information so the location they are taken isn't identifiable.

Peace,

Porc

What's up MMMA Community, Happy Labor Day!

So being a new member here, and a grower, I'm obviously tempted to post pics to get great advice.

Is it safe to post, or does anyone have any advise they can share

I use imageshack it masks any gps locators on cell phones and cameras .

Yes ... I like Photobucket ...

TopColaSourDiesel.jpg

After Uploading Photo ....

It'll give you 4 ways to show your photo :

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG CODE ( Use this one )

Copy and paste code in your post ...

Done Deal .... :thumbsu:

Hope this Helps

Thank you!

so like this...? :)

Picture142.jpg

That is all true, and paranoia can be expected because the legalities are still fresh, but as long you're legal at the state level you really don't have a lot to be scared of because if they want you, they are going to get you one way or another. The Feds really don't give a crap about small time medical growers that stay within state plant count limits as they nowhere near approach the mandatory minimum sentencing requirements. Just by posting in a forum or talking on any phone you are leaving an identifiable trail, unless you are a mad computer wiz :geek: !

Probably the most important thing is to make sure your gps tracking is off if you are taking pictures with a device that records that information so the location they are taken isn't identifiable.

Peace,

Porc

That sounds like some sound wisdom there friend.

Much appreciated!

Archived