• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i concur. self regulation always led to self bloatation of profits, and people (employees and surrounding communities) are in most cases, just fodder for the cause. not always, but history has proven it to be the most probably outcome.

the best we can hope for is Self Education! which is where these threads really carry their clout.

Well, I used to sneak my dogs' crunchy food when I was a wee lad, but I have never heard of eating plant food.

We are talking about products labeled for use only on ornamentals, or not for use on food crops. It has nothing to do with ingesting the stuff yourself.

So any poop'll do ya? LOL

In our discussion, I pointed out that just because the government says it's safe don't make it so..

On the flip side of the coin, every single thing the government hasn't bothered to mention is not automatically unsafe.

Instead of believing the government, I'd rather see the science.

Poop is good for growing. All poop? Not. Grab some from Tijuana.

So is poop good? Depends. And it does not depend on the government.

yea, GSMS machines need test reagents and samples to calibrate the machine - so don't expect to get service for just any chemical. For example - the GSMS machine can test for levels of Neem Oil, but it needs to be calibrated and the company tells the operator how to obtain the sample from the plant material for processing.

So, i am sure there are samples, test procedures for AVID, BPO, etc - as they are common - but your GSMS operator might not have kits to run those tests. If they do, expect it to cost more than just testing THC/CBD.

DN

Integrity is all about doing the right thing, even if no one is watching. Not if you can get away with it, because with integrity there is no choice, you always do what's best. If we can't trust each other maybe our AG is right, we are a bunch of stoners out to profit off prop one, and each other, rules be damned, ethics ignored.

Just as guilty, is our government whose job it is to protect us, and the companies who knowingly market this, to those they have to know, use it on crops meant for human consumption. They are able to get away with it because of who we are, again a bunch of stoners that have no value, to them we are less than human, and it's no problem if we hurt each other like a bunch of meth heads. Remember paraquat? They probably get a good laugh at us. If it was used on lettuce made for schools, it would be headline news.

Personally I look at this as medicine, apparently many of us agree with the AG on how little we value each other, and if this is medicine or a way to profit with no rules, ethics, or integrity........shredder

yea, GSMS machines need test reagents and samples to calibrate the machine - so don't expect to get service for just any chemical. For example - the GSMS machine can test for levels of Neem Oil, but it needs to be calibrated and the company tells the operator how to obtain the sample from the plant material for processing.

So, i am sure there are samples, test procedures for AVID, BPO, etc - as they are common - but your GSMS operator might not have kits to run those tests. If they do, expect it to cost more than just testing THC/CBD.

DN

This is what gets me from any product standpoint..They should in reality be able to substantiate from this product form another...if the product in view is given and evualated then evualated to what is being tested...it should solve the problem..or at least give users an idea as to whats going on..RIGHT????Im willing to pay for this anaylysis at least a few hundred dollars by MYSELF...I would say who is with me..but I would rather see it in person.Were all in th4e same state in this forum..this is how we stay strong.We must fight anyway possible..I would prefer we dont fight amongst ourselves

Integrity is all about doing the right thing, even if no one is watching. Not if you can get away with it, because with integrity there is no choice, you always do what's best. If we can't trust each other maybe our AG is right, we are a bunch of stoners out to profit off prop one, and each other, rules be damned, ethics ignored.

Just as guilty, is our government whose job it is to protect us, and the companies who knowingly market this, to those they have to know, use it on crops meant for human consumption. They are able to get away with it because of who we are, again a bunch of stoners that have no value, to them we are less than human, and it's no problem if we hurt each other like a bunch of meth heads. Remember paraquat? They probably get a good laugh at us. If it was used on lettuce made for schools, it would be headline news.

Personally I look at this as medicine, apparently many of us agree with the AG on how little we value each other, and if this is medicine or a way to profit with no rules, ethics, or integrity........shredder

I Come from a family,what you say is it true...down south in the southern states..texas,arkansaw,louisana,.there are no rules for something like this...we are the BEGINNING.We are very different from california or colorado in the sense we have have media....."bility"..there is enough of us.

You should pay for it then, before using the product on medicine. All the material I have seen so far indicates that it is not considered safe to use it on items to be ingested. I don't expect anybody else to do the testing and make it available to me, so that is what I would do if I really really wanted to use it.

When the tobacco companies were hiding their information, there was still strong hints from outside the tobacco companies.

It wasn't a complete vacuum.

With the stuff in gravity .. nothing. Not that I've found.

I hear lots of news stories about the wrong poop killing people.

This sounds kinda like cannabis itself. "We don't know so it must be dangerous."

I intend to ask the lab I choice if they can test for this specific chemical.I dunno the cost itll be but I have a few hundred dollars to devote to it..have never had anything tested so I dont know the costs..anyone have info on this?

MTA is about the only lab in the state that might see it. Unless you can get into a hospital or university lab.

I have a much higher need to test for such things than most folks do. I would love to test every single set of oil that goes to a cancer patient.

But testing in this state isn't yet where it needs to be. Not yet.

We're getting there.

I Come from a family,what you say is it true...down south in the southern states..texas,arkansaw,louisana,.there are no rules for something like this...we are the BEGINNING.We are very different from california or colorado in the sense we have have media....."bility"..there is enough of us.

My thought on this is of course that everyone has the right of knowing and choosing what is used in the growth of their medicine. On the other hand, sea kelp extract itself is a growth hormone by nature. All I'm finding online from an actual lab on gravity and this paclobutrazol is the one cited in this thread, though I will keep looking in case I've missed something.

What I wonder is this: does every sea kelp extract product have traces of paclobutrazol? It does not seem like this has been tested on sea kelp extract in general, and almost seems like a witch hunt done by an opposing nutrient line to make emerald triangle and others look bad. I would like to see tests done on natural sea kelp extract. It reminds me of a few years back when the media went frenzied on milk and some kind of production hormones and how it was so bad for us. It created a panic in the people and caused milk producers to actually lie on their labels. As it turned out, this production hormone is something that is created naturally by the cow themselves and there is no way to have milk free of this hormone - yet there are still a couple manufacturers that claim to have this type of hormone-free milk.

Anyway, just wanted to add that food for thought. I'm not saying one way or the other, but sometimes we tend to jump on bandwagons that aren't necessarily based in truth or in science. Gravity may be bad or good, but how many other things (not only in horticulture, but in every product we use) have been tested so completely that you know exactly how each component singley inside will effect you, not to mention how it interacts with each other component. That would be a lot of testing!

Newbie guy,

If you were the only one using it. but if others use it without knowing that it contains something bad for one then you are f ing them over. Wake up.

I think everyone should have the choice to choose what they do and do not want in their meds

My thought on this is of course that everyone has the right of knowing and choosing what is used in the growth of their medicine. On the other hand, sea kelp extract itself is a growth hormone by nature. All I'm finding online from an actual lab on gravity and this paclobutrazol is the one cited in this thread, though I will keep looking in case I've missed something.

What I wonder is this: does every sea kelp extract product have traces of paclobutrazol? It does not seem like this has been tested on sea kelp extract in general, and almost seems like a witch hunt done by an opposing nutrient line to make emerald triangle and others look bad. I would like to see tests done on natural sea kelp extract. It reminds me of a few years back when the media went frenzied on milk and some kind of production hormones and how it was so bad for us. It created a panic in the people and caused milk producers to actually lie on their labels. As it turned out, this production hormone is something that is created naturally by the cow themselves and there is no way to have milk free of this hormone - yet there are still a couple manufacturers that claim to have this type of hormone-free milk.

Anyway, just wanted to add that food for thought. I'm not saying one way or the other, but sometimes we tend to jump on bandwagons that aren't necessarily based in truth or in science. Gravity may be bad or good, but how many other things (not only in horticulture, but in every product we use) have been tested so completely that you know exactly how each component singley inside will effect you, not to mention how it interacts with each other component. That would be a lot of testing!

Here are some of the links I posted before this thread was deleted the first time. There is quite a lot of info out there, especialy on cannabis growing sites. Almost all of them have this thread!

Paclobutrazol CA

Paclobutrazol Dept. of Energy

Paclobutrazol EPA

Enjoy the info :(

I'm thinking that the poop of an organic farmer may be more toxic than the gravity.

I wouldn't eat either one of them.

I think if you are going to compare Gravity to anything one should compare it to things that contains comparable chemicals.

Comparing it to fluoride which it does not relate to, or to worm poop or guano because one does not eat them is baseless. The plants convert the latter into other substances useful for plant processes and it has been shown not to pass on undesirable bacteria to the finished product. Like organic food sold in stores. Can we say the same about this chemical?

Speaking of it as a seaweed extract is insuficent. Just because it says that on the label does not mean that the information is true or complete. One would need to know what really goes into the stuff in order to make a call. People will do a lot of s$it to make money.

Remember if you call it medical mj perhaps making sure that it does not contain anything that you know of that is potentially harmful, that you can avoid, might be a good way to go.

Archived