Has Anyone Else Seen Ads Like This?

JB420

I figured this deserves posting, might want to seriously check into who you are getting transferred to, if your caregiver is handing you off, apparently some are sellin their patients off at least tryin. This is like the third ad I have seen this way, its sick. The point is be super careful who you deal with

Caregiver in Rochester Hills is selling his business and would like to have his patients resign with another caregiver.

By signing with the new caregiver he will be entitled to his patients 12 plants and/or 2.5oz.

Upon signing the patient you will be receiving the contact info with my network of caregivers who can provide you with a variety of medicine to supply your patient if you choose so.

Price per patient is $200 and payment would be made after patient has signed.

Email me with any questions.

I think this is despicable! This person is selling off patients for profit like cattle! This is not a compassionate act at all and I most certainly would think this dingbat is is direct violation of the act. After all, if a dispensary is considered illegal because its not specifically addressed in the law and according to our airhead AG then this is as well! It's one thing to be a doctor leaving a practice but we are not doctors with a practice.

That's a really good price compared to the prices I saw when I first became a caregiver.

Back two years ago I was researching how to become a caregiver, i.e. how to connect with a patient. In the process I responded to an ad (not sure if internet or MetroTimes) about becoming a caregiver. They (an attorney's office) charged a $150 counseling fee and then offered patients for $750 each or $500 each if I signed up for 5. After that enlightenment, I moved on to attending compassion clubs and never followed up with them. However, in mentioning my experience to a number of people at various Compassion Clubs, I was hearing responses like, "that's a good price".

I was not comfortable with the concept of selling patients and I do not think that it is in either the patient's nor the caregiver's long term interest to do this.

That cracks me up a good price. I think people forget we're aren't supposed to be in this for the money and this isn"t a business you can sell, and certainly not patients. Hopefully the new patients that weren't aware of these practices now are. I don't think that caregivers patients would appreciate being sold. I know I wouldn't

The real upside is the people in it just for the money are leaving. Maybe that's why the "price decline" They can't sell the overaqges to a dispensary, they don't really want to be "illegal" so they are running.Forget about their patients and go I guess, sad but also makes for cheap grow equipment for those that are serious, and want to help. I don't think there are very many people unless sadly misinformed getting in right now for the money.

Please understand, my post was not an approval of the concept, but rather a reporting that it exists. There is no end to the various ways that people try to make a buck in the name of helping a mmj patient.

I wasn't taking it that way at all the whole situation though you either have to laugh or cry. The comment was just funny, a sad but true kind of funny.

Sounds like a scam. I doubt the patients are victims though. I'd be surprised if they weren't in on it.

I wonder how many cg's a patient could sell their plant rights to without anyone ever knowing about the others?

It's not like the State is on top of sending out letters to caregivers when patients make changes.

Quite the business plan:

Collect $200. Fill out $10 change form. Repeat as necessary.

There are plenty of suckers that want to become cg's bad enough to fall for it I'm sure.

Sounds like a scam. I doubt the patients are victims though. I'd be surprised if they weren't in on it.

I wonder how many cg's a patient could sell their plant rights to without anyone ever knowing about the others?

It's not like the State is on top of sending out letters to caregivers when patients make changes.

Quite the business plan:

Collect $200. Fill out $10 change form. Repeat as necessary.

There are plenty of suckers that want to become cg's bad enough to fall for it I'm sure.

Interesting observation. From what I have been told, LARA/MDCH does not send out any notices to caregivers to tell them they have been replaced.

That particular one may be a scam, but the idea and the practice are 100% real. patients get sold, and then get sold the idea that its good for them, and not finding out until later their new caregiver wasn't part of any network before they took them on as a patient etc. Just a reminder, know your caregiver ask questions.

That particular one may be a scam, but the idea and the practice are 100% real. patients get sold, and then get sold the idea that its good for them, and not finding out until later their new caregiver wasn't part of any network before they took them on as a patient etc. Just a reminder, know your caregiver ask questions.

It's propaganda for the opposition. Kill it, don't spread it around please.

When I first became certified and trying to sort through the clinics I found clinics that would sign you up as a caregiver for a fee and then for another fee sell you patients. Yes its out there and one reason we have the AG breathing down our backs. There isn't supposed to be any means for profit according to the act itself.

well. considering the Pts must sign in the new CG, the only way this would pan out is if the Pts assinged to the orig CG were ok with the new CG, and the situation regarded.

if the Pts dont want to sign to the new CG, the new CG paid 200 bux for a ghost pt. that wont work.

I hope if you folks see "THESE" ads here, you ll report it with the fury of a woman schorned. This will not be tolerated here and will result in an immediate and permanant ban...

A local dispensary was selling patients before the big Schuette Shutdown. For a few hundred, they would register a patient who didn't really want/need meds, just cash. You then got to grow that 'patient's" 12 plants with absolutely no further obligations.

I believe there is no problem with making some money growing cannabis. It is not cheap to grow, requires extra room and equipment as well as grow materials, nutrients and genetics. Farmers should be able to sell any overages they have, to get back these costs as well as get reimbursed for their labor. BUT I know that my street price for decent smoke went UP when the compassion clubs and dispensaries began opening, because they PAID more for overages than the street price had been.

The Jackson Farmer's market seems like one great way to drive down the price. Making the price of medicine more in line with costs might drive some of these greedy growers out of business. Bringing a grower face-to-face with the people who need the meds may also help, seeing that some of the sickest patients are also the ones who can least afford high prices might actually bring a bit of simple human kindness into the picture.

And as for a caregiver 'selling' his patients, that's almost obscene. I've been searching for years for the proper meds for my combination of problems. A compassionate caregiver might have more knowledge of which strains help which condition, but I think most compassionate growers would not 'buy' a patient. Especially without knowing what the patient needs might be.

Yeah, that is Bullshait, they do not notify cg's if a patient has dropped them or changed cg's they say its your responsibility to notify them, i believe.

They do send out letters that a CG has been dropped. I've seen a couple that other CG received and were POed as they were over count for about three weeks. ...Pops

I actually read it as a CG getting out, trying to set his PT's up with a new CG, but has plants and meds and time/money invested for those PT(so they don't go without), for which he would like at least some compensation for. Just saying some maybe legit.

Archived