Vendor Qualifications For The Farmers Market In Jackson

I am looking for clarification on requirements to rent space at the market. I am a patient, and I am authorized to grow plants. Does that make me my own caregiver? And if the answer is yes, does my being my own caregiver allow me to transfer overages? Or, do I have to be a caregiver for someone else before I can transfer meds? I remember reading the requirements some time ago to set up a table, but cannot seem to find it now.

Don :))

you need a Pt to assign you as their CG, only then do you get the Caregiver status.

as a PT, you can have up to 2.5 oz at any given point. so as a self growing Pt (i too say it says i am my OWN CG, but that is My interpretation ) you can only hold up to and transfer up to 2.5 oz at ANY GIVEN POINT...

man, you guys haven't figured this out yet?

EVERY patient, that can legally do so, should name a trusted friend/ sig other as their caregiver keeping the plant rights, the other do the same.

NOW, your both caregivers AND patients and allowed 5 oz. instead of 2.5. if living in the same house your totals are 10

so you can still maintain your own personal grow rights if a friend signs as your caregiver?

Thanks to everyone for your input! I am very interested in the answer to the above question! If the answer is yes, I would like to find a like minded patient to serve as my CG, and I would like to be theirs. I can't be the only patient who grows my own meds that needs a legitimate outlet for overages.

Ok let me see if I got what your saying LHB.

John has a friend Judy.

John is Judy's caregiver. Growing her 12 plants and holding 2.5 oz of her meds.

Judy is Johns caregiver. Growing his 12 plants and holding 2.5 oz of his meds.

Being that they are both patients they can hold 2.5 oz of their own meds. For a total of 5 oz of meds for each John and Judy.

Correct or No?

But they cannot possess more than 12 plants apiece can they?

so you can still maintain your own personal grow rights if a friend signs as your caregiver?

Yes you can keep your grow rights if you sign a caregiver.

Ok let me see if I got what your saying LHB.

John has a friend Judy.

John is Judy's caregiver. Growing her 12 plants and holding 2.5 oz of her meds.

Judy is Johns caregiver. Growing his 12 plants and holding 2.5 oz of his meds.

Being that they are both patients they can hold 2.5 oz of their own meds. For a total of 5 oz of meds for each John and Judy.

Correct or No?

But they cannot possess more than 12 plants apiece can they?

You are exactly right. And no they cannot possess more than 12 plants each.

Have you though about reading and understanding the law. This should have been the first thing you considered.

So, am I the first person who has read the law, and ended up confused?????? :rolleyes:

If you re-read my post, I was asking for CLAR-IF-I-CATION on this matter, BECAUSE someone at the market suggested it to me this weekend. I am not trying to cheat the law. I am only trying to do the same thing as all of the individuals who have tables at the market in Jackson.

Aceman... if you are a registered patient you have the right to grow 12 plants... if you can't grow ( don't have the money, space, time ) you can sign someone as your caregiver... this caregiver now has all the rights to your 12 plants and you no longer can grow or posses plants... all you can have is 2.5 oz of dry meds....... if you find someone to make you their caregiver you would then have there plant rights, but still can't have more than 12 plants but now can have 5 oz of dry meds... now to the WHOLE REASON THIS THREAD STARTED.... i would private message blueberry because he runs the market he would know if you would be able to set up a table.. my personal belief is that you will be allowed to because a patient is his/her own caregiver.... hopefully it helps a little more than these guys trying to tell you how to find loop-holes in the MMMA law...

Aceman... if you are a registered patient you have the right to grow 12 plants... if you can't grow ( don't have the money, space, time ) you can sign someone as your caregiver... this caregiver now has all the rights to your 12 plants and you no longer can grow or posses plants... all you can have is 2.5 oz of dry meds....... if you find someone to make you their caregiver you would then have there plant rights, but still can't have more than 12 plants but now can have 5 oz of dry meds... now to the WHOLE REASON THIS THREAD STARTED.... i would private message blueberry because he runs the market he would know if you would be able to set up a table.. my personal belief is that you will be allowed to because a patient is his/her own caregiver.... hopefully it helps a little more than these guys trying to tell you how to find loop-holes in the MMMA law...

really bro. the OP's question was answered 2 or 3 posts in. no caregiver card (green), no table. with 4 posts maybe you should spend more of your time reading and less time on the caps lock

First just because you have a caregiver-You do not have to give up your plant rights

Second, this is not a loophole it's the law and was intended to protect the patient

I'd like to thank everyone for your input. I now know that I was correct in my assumption that I cannot curently setup a table at the market, and that I was not the only one who was confused about this issue. Even after talking to Blueberry personally last month and having him explain how the law allows a business model like the market, I was still very confused.

And to those who may have implied that I may be trying to cheat the system. I have 4, not 12 plants. I was expecting 1-2 oz per plant, and didn't see a problem. In the end, my worst plant has more than doubled my expected yield, and we won't even discuss the yield of the other three here!!

I hope I didn't ruffle anyones feathers!

HAPPY HARVEST EVERYONE!

Glad to hear that you had a good harvest. As a first time grower, I too thought that I was only going to get an ounce per plant. Well...that was in the beginning. First time that another person saw my plant he told me that I could expect about four ounces for one of the two plants that I have in flower. The other plant is going to produce even more than that plant. The buds right now are the size of a 20 ounce pop bottle and is still growing. Actually I checked on it this morning and it is actually slightly larger than a pop bottle.

The people who tell you that you are only going to get an ounce a plant either don't have very good equipment, aren't using very good nutrients, or just plain can't get the hang of growing, because obviously you and I harvested more than an ouce a plant. I'm running 1000 MH in Veg and 1000 watt HPS in flower, and my babies start out under a 28 watt CFL and when they hit about or so inches they go under 150 watt CFL.

Sorry but in this situation you're a patient. You'd have to be a Caregiver for someone else (you don't have to grow their plants to be a Caregiver but you can).

Another way to be sure is look at your MMMP card; if I'm right, it'll have a "P" on it. ;)

If you are a patient ur card is BLACK; if you're a CG, ur card is GREEN. Entry to JAX F M requires a GREEN card.

Archived