Southwest

thcbear

Welcome bear and you came to the right spot. If looking for something more local then look to the Berrien County Club website. You'll find compassion there as well as here as that's all we do.Lot's of other compassion clubs too if we're not close enough and all with alot of good people..

I would only make myself attend another compassion club meeting if i knew there would a few military vets to speak with because I do not trust civilians or their standards. Also I feel the mmj in michigan is dominated by predators, dealers make me more comfortable than some folks I have talked to in the sw michigan. Its rough here because cg are doing dumb stuff blatantly and the patients are suffering. Thanks to all them now I feel I cannot get quality relief from anyone, I am alone with my standards.

you need to find a nice comfortable place, put in a garden and chill out.. till then keep medicated the way your doing now.. Then you can be compassionate to someone else. :) Spreading compassion is better than looking for it.

I'm a vet myself.

Sgt.USAF

After serving my country and putting my life on the line for civilians so that they may live and break what laws they choose and still not being offered any help, the only compassion I have left is for my wife. I have yet to meet anyone else who relies on mmj to survive. Everyone I have met uses cannabis to forget or to get high, I am different I do not get the high, it heals me from the damages of war and allows me to survive in this wretched civilized world. I feel that because of how damaged I am I will never be able to enjoy what I fought to protect, the american rights civilians take for granted.

welcome to michigan, there are some good people here, thanks for your service , mine was long ago, you unfortunately are a bit far from me. but im sure you can find someone in the area... are you unable to find meds at a reasonable cost? You can PM me if you wish, I don't know what i can do but maybe.....

Welcome from a former Sgt of Marines. You will find good and bad in all groups. This particular group of individuals (ones involved with the MMMA) seems to be one of the most compassionate I've ever been around. There are divergent points of view. Obviously its very difficult to bond with anyone that has not endured the things that you have. That doesn't mean that there are not trust worthy people with decent intentions around. Sometimes you have to take a step to meet someone in the middle and the MMMA is a good group to take a step towards. Get involved. Having another cause to defend might be a good idea! Thank you for your service to our country.

My Grandfather was killed in WWII. My Father was Air Force in Viet Nam. My uncle was a Marine in Viet Nam. My brother was Air Force in Panama. In December 1989, I signed in to the Army for a 5 year stretch. 51aplha (Air traffic control). I landed in Ft. Knox Ky. on January 9, 1990. That same week I signed up for the 82nd Airborne. I wanted to be a military man so bad. But the 2nd week in reception at Ft. Knox, we all got hauled down to the med center for a final physical before we went across the road to our actual basic training. They put a stethascope on my chest for about 2 seconds and called for an EKG machine. After being hooked up, they found that I had Mitral Valve Prolapse and a 3/6 heart murmer. Feb 10 1990 I landed back in Michigan. Kicked out of the Army. My DD 214s read "Honorable Discharge, Med 200. No longer Eligible for military duty". They told me I wouldnt make it thru basic. They never gave me a chance.

As I read thru this thread, memories of my 28 days in the military are coming back to light. Mr thcbear, your not giving anyone a chance. Anytime someone offers assistance, you reply back with segregation. When I left Ft. Knox, i was no longer a military man. I was again a civilian. As much as you would like to think that your still a military man. Your not. Your a retired Army vet that is now a civilian. I am deeply sorry for the troubles that you are going through but the law is the law. If you dont have your 21 day paperwork, no one here is willing to risk the consequences to provide you with meds. Unfortunately, thats just how it is right now in michigan. Its not about veterans and civilians. Its about patients and compassion. This site is loaded with both. If you keep barking at people about your needs, they will eventually fall on deaf ears. The people on this site are here for people such as yourself. But our hands are tied by the 21 day law. I would love nothing more than to make the 3 hour trip to provide you with quality meds, but with your "Military Man" attitude, it just aint worth the trip. Just reading your comments, I think you would still complain no matter who helped or what the quality was. I have a wife, 3 children and 2 grandchildren and seeing them from behind bars is not an option for me. All i'm going to ask is that you try your best to be patient until your 21 days have passed. I guarantee you will get the help you need and more than likely it will be a compassionate civilian caregiver from this site. Ya never know, I may be the one. Sincerely, Medcnman.

goodjob.gif

My Grandfather was killed in WWII. My Father was Air Force in Viet Nam. My uncle was a Marine in Viet Nam. My brother was Air Force in Panama. In December 1989, I signed in to the Army for a 5 year stretch. 51aplha (Air traffic control). I landed in Ft. Knox Ky. on January 9, 1990. That same week I signed up for the 82nd Airborne. I wanted to be a military man so bad. But the 2nd week in reception at Ft. Knox, we all got hauled down to the med center for a final physical before we went across the road to our actual basic training. They put a stethascope on my chest for about 2 seconds and called for an EKG machine. After being hooked up, they found that I had Mitral Valve Prolapse and a 3/6 heart murmer. Feb 10 1990 I landed back in Michigan. Kicked out of the Army. My DD 214s read "Honorable Discharge, Med 200. No longer Eligible for military duty". They told me I wouldnt make it thru basic. They never gave me a chance.

As I read thru this thread, memories of my 28 days in the military are coming back to light. Mr thcbear, your not giving anyone a chance. Anytime someone offers assistance, you reply back with segregation. When I left Ft. Knox, i was no longer a military man. I was again a civilian. As much as you would like to think that your still a military man. Your not. Your a retired Army vet that is now a civilian. I am deeply sorry for the troubles that you are going through but the law is the law. If you dont have your 21 day paperwork, no one here is willing to risk the consequences to provide you with meds. Unfortunately, thats just how it is right now in michigan. Its not about veterans and civilians. Its about patients and compassion. This site is loaded with both. If you keep barking at people about your needs, they will eventually fall on deaf ears. The people on this site are here for people such as yourself. But our hands are tied by the 21 day law. I would love nothing more than to make the 3 hour trip to provide you with quality meds, but with your "Military Man" attitude, it just aint worth the trip. Just reading your comments, I think you would still complain no matter who helped or what the quality was. I have a wife, 3 children and 2 grandchildren and seeing them from behind bars is not an option for me. All i'm going to ask is that you try your best to be patient until your 21 days have passed. I guarantee you will get the help you need and more than likely it will be a compassionate civilian caregiver from this site. Ya never know, I may be the one. Sincerely, Medcnman.

I am not sure if I can cover that all but here goes. First of all I am not asking anyone to break the law, I have staed that I would have a donation reAdy at the beginning of next month. I invite anyone willing to look at my papers to verify in person, I am in cass county. I have tried more than you have known in the last seven years. I am not "retired" from the Army like you assume, alot has changed since you tried to get in the military. It is wierd to me after how long I have been active duty that there was no waiver to keep you in. Try telling a combat vet he is a civilian in person and he will laugh in your face.

:goodjob:

I am not sure if I can cover that all but here goes. First of all I am not asking anyone to break the law, I have staed that I would have a donation reAdy at the beginning of next month. I invite anyone willing to look at my papers to verify in person, I am in cass county. I have tried more than you have known in the last seven years. I am not "retired" from the Army like you assume, alot has changed since you tried to get in the military. It is wierd to me after how long I have been active duty that there was no waiver to keep you in. Try telling a combat vet he is a civilian in person and he will laugh in your face.

I am finally here. I am in southwest michigan for now and waiting on my card so that I will feel safer taking care of

myself. I have not found any compassion yet, only talk, so I shall remain independent a while longer.

Hey Bear, I am a fellow Disabled Veteran and Patient, hubby is also a fellow patient. We are growers and live in St. Joseph County probably not too far from you. If you have your 21 days, please contact me through PM.

Try telling a combat vet he is a civilian in person and he will laugh in your face.

Combat Veteran or not, try telling someone that was in the military that they are a civilian and they will laugh in your face. I haven't been a civilian since I swore into the military on May 3, 1989. When I discharged on May 2, 1993 I became a Veteran!!

THC Bear, I thank you for your service to Our Country!!

Is anyone else willing to help this veteran. I will be at the Market on March 3, to pick up meds for this person. If you would like to donate to him, please find me at the market on Sunday, Blueberry knows who I am. I usually get there about noon and I am there about an hour. I hope that more people step up and donate for this veteran who has generously asked for help.

It sounds like thcbear is not very happy with the civilian population. I don't blame him at all. I am not a vet I never served my country. However I would like to personally thank you for your service. To all of the vets and current military personnel thank you for fighting and defending our country. I wish you guys got better treatment from the general population I really do.

So...I went and see THC Bear and his wife yesterday and dropped off some of my UK CHeese and Lemon Cake. I also dropped off some of the Hollands Hope and White Lightning that I picked up at the Market two weeks ago from the vendor that I sat next to Bear said that he was getting relief from the Lemon Cake and the UK Cheese. I am just glad that he was able to find some relief.

ANyone else that wants to donate some meds to this veteran, please PM me and I will pick it up at the farmers market on Saturday, March 3, 2012.

Should have a market set up near south haven here in the next few weeks if not sooner so ya wont have to travel so far. Will be ran just the same as the jackson market. Been working on this for a few months now so about got things ready.

Archived