Who Is Going To Lansing

Hey everyone who all is planning on going to Lansing to talk to their rep tomorrow. My appointment is at 10:30 am so I will be around to meet up with anybody after that. Mal or Heyduke if you guys are in town I would really like to meet you guys. Now I am off to work on what my talking points are gong to be. I plan on having all my questions down and on paper so I don't miss anything I want to convey to him. So who is going and do you have any plans on how you are getting ready to visit your rep.

Quietone, I too would like to get together for lunch or coffee or tea. Since I was there today, likely my next visit will be when the bills hit the floor for discussion. When that concludes it is likely they will vote the next day. I hope the group letter will slow them down.

We didn't comment of 4853 the minimum sentencing bill, on 4851 the bonafide bill we are okay with much of Rep Cavanagh's language but the Affirmative Defense still needs to be beefed up to allow a patient to mention medical marijuana in court..... AND TO ADD A RIGHT to a jury trial....

on 4856 the transportation bill which currently makes it a crime to carry mj in the inside compartment of your vehicle we would like CCW like language where it just has to be in a container away from the driver.

WE urge a serious no vote on 4834 unless they take away virtually all the folks who will gain access to the registry. Their argument is that each one mentioned has powers of arrest. Our answer is about PRIVACY and the promise made to patients that our info would be secure. WE also want a warrant for the police to gain access.... the current bill only calls for "probable cause"....

hope that helps ya...

Quietone, I too would like to get together for lunch or coffee or tea. Since I was there today, likely my next visit will be when the bills hit the floor for discussion. When that concludes it is likely they will vote the next day. I hope the group letter will slow them down.

We didn't comment of 4853 the minimum sentencing bill, on 4851 the bonafide bill we are okay with much of Rep Cavanagh's language but the Affirmative Defense still needs to be beefed up to allow a patient to mention medical marijuana in court..... AND TO ADD A RIGHT to a jury trial....

on 4856 the transportation bill which currently makes it a crime to carry mj in the inside compartment of your vehicle we would like CCW like language where it just has to be in a container away from the driver.

WE urge a serious no vote on 4834 unless they take away virtually all the folks who will gain access to the registry. Their argument is that each one mentioned has powers of arrest. Our answer is about PRIVACY and the promise made to patients that our info would be secure. WE also want a warrant for the police to gain access.... the current bill only calls for "probable cause"....

hope that helps ya...

Everyone of my reps denied access to talk unless I gave them my address and name . I did because I care that much but I didn't do so without fear as I have heard 62% of all inspections of people whom believe they are complaint result in arrest . I just hung a plant in the dry rack today . Who knows what it weighs until it is dried under this act or when the local prosecutor will say it is useable ?

I lost power again twice today the last time for hours and it whipped my tail to start the generator . As usual I can't travel but I wish you all the best and I know everyone will be polite and make good points .

I had a great meeting with Rep. Rick Outman R today.I met with him for about 45 minutes and discussed the bills coming up for a vote. He was receptive to my concerns with the bills and to the suggested changes to the bills that would make them more patient friendly. I encouraged him to vote no on these bills because they would take protections away the the MMMA of 2008 provided. We talked about how the law was never implemented and how LEO will not honor the law because they don't like it. During the conversation I asked him how he felt about Medical Marijuana and he admitted he was not for it at first because he feared it would lead to legalization. After he heard the stories from the patients living in the district about how it has helped them. The improvement of their lives by getting off the harmful narcotics that are pushed on us. He now sees the benefits of MM and I think the community can consider him a friend.

The impression I got from him is the bills won't be voted on until next week sometime. I also believe he will do the right thing and vote no when these bills do come up for a vote. He admitted I am not the only patient he saw today and there will be others visiting later this week.

I would like to thank Malamute and Hayduke for helping with my talking points and the suggested language changes. Their help was invaluable to me and helped me to convey my message in a clear and precise manner.

I must encourage all patients to contact their reps and tell them your story. It clearly can make a difference I found that out today by telling my story. Call, write, email or visit in person, but no matter how you contact your rep it will make a difference.

I had a great meeting with Rep. Rick Outman R today.I met with him for about 45 minutes and discussed the bills coming up for a vote. He was receptive to my concerns with the bills and to the suggested changes to the bills that would make them more patient friendly. I encouraged him to vote no on these bills because they would take protections away the the MMMA of 2008 provided. We talked about how the law was never implemented and how LEO will not honor the law because they don't like it. During the conversation I asked him how he felt about Medical Marijuana and he admitted he was not for it at first because he feared it would lead to legalization. After he heard the stories from the patients living in the district about how it has helped them. The improvement of their lives by getting off the harmful narcotics that are pushed on us. He now sees the benefits of MM and I think the community can consider him a friend.

The impression I got from him is the bills won't be voted on until next week sometime. I also believe he will do the right thing and vote no when these bills do come up for a vote. He admitted I am not the only patient he saw today and there will be others visiting later this week.

I would like to thank Malamute and Hayduke for helping with my talking points and the suggested language changes. Their help was invaluable to me and helped me to convey my message in a clear and precise manner.

I must encourage all patients to contact their reps and tell them your story. It clearly can make a difference I found that out today by telling my story. Call, write, email or visit in person, but no matter how you contact your rep it will make a difference.

Good job!! Thank you for your efforts to protect the patients!

No problem man.

It makes it a bit easier when you have your ducks in a row when you go. Always willing to help people to get across their points clearly and concisely as possible.

very good and thanks

Archived