Picnic With Our Reps...? Can It Be Done?

Ok i have a idea..This is going to take ME and a few more people..But what i would like to try and pull together..IS a PICNIC lunch with our reps...Yes a Picnic..let them set and eat with us...Talk with us..We will then know they are listen...ing..I have NO idea how to pull this off..This is why i am asking ALL of u to help..Any and ALL Suggestens will be listened to.I am totaly serious on this...Remember this is for all of us..Not just CAnnabis Patients..Not just caregivers..this i for the people..All will be invited..Would like to get some of the FAMILIES involved whos family memeber was cured of Skin cancer/ Prostate Cancer, Siezures, ect..Them talking to the reps. i feel will help (if not more then the one who is healed) my opinion anyways..So what do you people say? Please lets figure this out.. P. s this is just a idea..BUT i would like to put this together some how..

I believe we can pull this off, and would like to start to plan it. I already have commitments from several people to take responsibility for the catering, so we should be able to pull off a heck of a great picnic. We already have some funding commitments that lead me to believe that we will be able to easily pay for the food, chairs, tables, podium, tents, etc. I have a commitment on a sound system that we can use for free as well.

The programming would be very simple, too: a handful of pre-screened patient and caregiver speakers would kick off every thirty minutes, with music, talking, and eating awesome food in between.

you can put us on that list i would love to tell are story about how we are being railroaded for over 3 years now

I believe we can pull this off, and would like to start to plan it. I already have commitments from several people to take responsibility for the catering, so we should be able to pull off a heck of a great picnic. We already have some funding commitments that lead me to believe that we will be able to easily pay for the food, chairs, tables, podium, tents, etc. I have a commitment on a sound system that we can use for free as well.

The programming would be very simple, too: a handful of pre-screened patient and caregiver speakers would kick off every thirty minutes, with music, talking, and eating awesome food in between.

:goodjob:

I think this approach is a good idea, let them join us and see we are human. This can be done properly and organized without finger pointing at reps. and could gain a civil outlook toward each other also hopefully change their mindset that we are just getting high, but let them see the bigger picture of how we as a group are effected as a whole. If acomplished correctly this could do a great deal towards a better understanding why we as a community are fighting so hard with the amdenments on the table.

Nonetheless it would be a great way to meet the members of the community in a public setting, possibly getting the answers in person so many have brought about in the past.

Trix

:bong2:

This would be a great opportunity to show them who we really are. Sometimes we are portrayed as smelly longhair pot smokers. ( No offence meant to longhairs or pot smokers, after this post I just got to hit the shower rofl. )

So what would you think would be a good head count of our people being there? We could invite representative's from our supporting groups also.

No signs except maybe a " We will Remember come November " banner??

200-300 is a good thing as Goldie locks would say it's just right.

Can someone fish around and find a day the rep's could enjoy themselves? Needs to real soon if possible.

Heck Hot dogs an sunshine is good for the soul.

IF their is a way i can be of service please let me know.

What if we did a video to show our cures followed with Q&A session.

PTSD needs to be added Conn has it now.

The Pbs video The case for medical marijuana research ...

Nurses and hospice our are friends !!!

a short clip of the patient testamony.

Our group can get all the PTSD and TBI info.

To Dr. Bob and the Clare club where is YOUR video?

We need peace and we need it now.

Would the July date be good its the only day they are sch. prolly less school groups?

Also what about an amendment similar to Cali for medical research with our excess money?

Lets do lunch

They meet July 18 and Aug. 15 only days of the month.

start at 10 am also. Prolly want lunch?

I think it will take over 30 days to do it right.

Looked at the guests coming in june. Tons of elementary school kids right now.

If this was not a rally or a protest, Just a picnic with casual conversation I believe we could accomplish a great deal.

On the other hand if it turned into a rally or protest it could be looked upon as a setup and ruin our reputation.

If I may be so bold as to suggest that attendance to this event be by invention only?

No offence meant to anyone, but with the recent Sct ruling We need our best face forward at this time.

If this was not a rally or a protest, Just a picnic with casual conversation I believe we could accomplish a great deal.

On the other hand if it turned into a rally or protest it could be looked upon as a setup and ruin our reputation.

If I may be so bold as to suggest that attendance to this event be by invention only?

No offence meant to anyone, but with the recent Sct ruling We need our best face forward at this time.

and which face might that be?

Peace

Jim

Freddy,

This is my opinion only. It should be a patient celebration day to show the success stories of patients and the improvement

in there lives. There are many schools coming to the Capitol now. Remember what Cav. said

The video clips and having lunch with the patients in the clips may work? The videos also would help control the message.

A table with medical information on cures and treatments. Have someone dedicated to the media to get the right information out.

An invitation only event will not work who's not invited? More accusations of secrecy and distrust.

Mal stated it is being worked on now in a diff thread.

why a different thread? This one seems titled appropriately.. can someone inform us of the name of the correct thread?

Im loving the idea of the reps seeing the actual faces of the actual ppl these bills effect.

It was mentioned in the what is being done and by who thread.

Calm and peace my friend. focus on the good. Thats you. (darn Grizzly)!! :mom:

We could focus on the positive things..Like cancer patients who do not have cancer any longer..Or some of the other things Cannabis has helped people with, like off Pills.. Ect.. I am realy not sure how to get it up and going..This is why i brought it up here to see if any other idea,s.

Freddy,

This is my opinion only. It should be a patient celebration day to show the success stories of patients and the improvement

in there lives. There are many schools coming to the Capitol now. Remember what Cav. said

The video clips and having lunch with the patients in the clips may work? The videos also would help control the message.

A table with medical information on cures and treatments. Have someone dedicated to the media to get the right information out.

An invitation only event will not work who's not invited? More accusations of secrecy and distrust.

Mal stated it is being worked on now in a diff thread.

Good points, I retract the by invitation only ideal.

After contacting the Capitol to collect details, it seems that September 11 or 12 would be a good day to schedule our rally. This is the sheet that explains the details. We will need somebody with a catering license if we want to cook for the Legislature that day, so if you have one please get in contact with me directly.

http://council.legis...bit_planner.pdf

Food and beverages shall be provided by a state licensed caterer; otherwise,

individuals or organizations shall obtain a temporary food stand license from the

Ingham County Health Department, Bureau of Environmental Health, as required

by state law (Public Act 368 of 1978).