Dr Greenthumbs Matanuska Thunderfuck Fem Seed To Smoke Journal

Looks like nute burn to me. Though I am not a soil grower. Did they dry out at any point?

No i keep them well fed with ph balanced water 6.5

Transplanted the runt into a 5 gallon flex pot so far so good the star is slowly recovering from whatever stressed her ill post some pictures later in the week.

Looks like you definitely have some sort of nutrient problem. Usually a lack of nutrients will make the bottom leaves yellow and fall off. I don't know what kind of nutrients you have given or at what dose, but it looks more like over nuting to me. Judging by the way those leaves are curling on the bottom pic (ie ram's horning). I have had this kind of problem before. If you get a buildup of nutes some of them will be locked out. That's why the top plant is cannabalizing itself. I think you are keeping them too "well fed". You should probably flush out the pots and then give them half strength nutes and see what happens. Another good thing to try is Fox Farm Sledgehammer. This is sort of like a soap, or at least it foams up like soap, and it seems to clean the roots off and break down the nutes to where the plant can use them again. The thunder f is a sativa dominant plant which usually means they need a lot less nutrients than an indica dominant. So keep that in mind. It looks like you have been overnuting all along from the pic that says "the star is a lttle burnt". Any time you see a significant portion of the the plant having a problem there is a good bet you have something wrong either with your nutrient mixture (ie levels of the individual parts of the solution)or the strength, usually you only need half of what the bottle says. The pics where the leaves go from dark green to light on the edges and the others where the leaves are drying out is a sure sign of a lockout of some type. Have a nice day.

Edited by Chemdawggy Dawg

As in lack of nutrients?

Yes that is what I mean. It looks like when they were little the soil was too strong and as they grew they became nutient depleted. My buddy uses the fox farm soil alot. He only goes like 2 weeks and then starts giving them nutrients at half bottle strength. They do great. I always use the cheap shultz potting soil. I just do like he does and start feeding at around the second week and that also gives great results. I have heard of some other people using pro mix instead of dirt and that seems to work just as good, and is really cheap, just you have to use nutrients right at the beginning. Seriously though the Shultz soil seems to work just as good as the fox farm for like 25% of the cost.

Yes i suspected the same problom and have had fears that the fox farm soil is where the mites have got into my garden likely going with pro mio or maybe even Longhairbris buckets with the lucas formula might just be time for a change in my garden im growing very weary of soil . <_<

I am confused by your last post. You previously said you check for mites and you are ok. Did you find mites?

Yes i suspected the same problom and have had fears that the fox farm soil is where the mites have got into my garden likely going with pro mio or maybe even Longhairbris buckets with the lucas formula might just be time for a change in my garden im growing very weary of soil . <_<

Yeah sometimes you just get mites. As long as the plants are still in the veg, you can use forbid 4f, it is a sure killer. If the plants are still very small you can use Mighty Wash but on a larger plant it's a joke. Hey instead of the lucas formula you might want to try these nutrients, http://greenleafnutrients.com/, these are badass powdered nutrients that are copies of the best products out at really good prices. I always use the logic grow, afficianado, and the element x which is sensi grow, connesouir, and bud factor x, if you mix that with a bloom booster the buds just basically white. The edges of the leaves curl up as they are just caked with trics. They also have the lucas formula for a lot cheaper than at the store. I have used the logic grow in veg a couple of times and my plants always look spectacular. Edited by Chemdawggy Dawg

Yeah sometimes you just get mites. As long as the plants are still in the veg, you can use forbid 4f, it is a sure killer. If the plants are still very small you can use Mighty Wash but on a larger plant it's a joke. Hey instead of the lucas formula you might want to try these nutrients, http://greenleafnutrients.com/, these are badass powdered nutrients that are copies of the best products out at really good prices. I always use the logic grow, afficianado, and the element x which is sensi grow, connesouir, and bud factor x, if you mix that with a bloom booster the buds are just basically white. The edges of the leaves curl up as they are just caked with trics. They also have the lucas formula for a lot cheaper than at the store. I have used the logic grow in veg a couple of times and my plants always look spectacular.

Edited by Chemdawggy Dawg

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on things turning around.

So what was the final verdict on the problem and what did you do to turn it around?:

I flushed the star and plucked her dead leaves off now that fox farm soil nutrients are almost weened out of the soil she is doing much better fox farm needs to lighten up on their in soil nutes in their ocean forest way too hot for some strains i like running .

Im going to tie the top down on a angle so it is across the open hood i have a kali mist in this same position im getting some really sticky buds on that girl from her getting the even spread of lumens from the 1k hood.

Not much to report on the mtf girl once she starts showing some flowers ill post some more pictures.