Judge Dismisses Felony Delivery Charges P2p Transfer Legal?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually no it's not the same time is states if charged for the "sale" 2yrs max time and a fee where

The state charge for non medical related is 4yrs

In the PHC, delivery or distribution is illegal whether or not money exchanges hands. The fact that money was exchanged, or a sale was made, is not explicitly prohibited there. Sales are only addressed in the MMMA itself and by the ruling of the COA in McQueen.

I recommend that those who have interest in this issue, listen to the last two webisodes of Planet Green Trees. In #100, attorney Tom Lavigne discusses this very argument as one of the most significant considerations to date. And, as mentioned before, Newburg, one of the defense attorneys for the McQueen appeal to the SC, discusses this argument and others in #101.

The other arguments are quite compelling, as well. The actual brief, by Newburg and Chartier, submitted to the SC on behalf of McQueen and Taylor, is very informative and interesting too, and is available for people to read.

http://m.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees/2012/06/22/episode-100-michigans-premier-medical-cannabis-radio-show

http://m.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees/2012/06/29/planet-green-trees-episode-101-the-koon-show

http://www.onmedicalmarijuana.com/2012/05/31/mcqueen-supreme-court-brief-submitted/

In the PHC, delivery or distribution is illegal whether or not money exchanges hands. The fact that money was exchanged, or a sale was made, is not explicitly prohibited there. Sales are only addressed in the MMMA itself and by the ruling of the COA in McQueen.

so how does 3rd coast navigate with that considering this post from u?

and could you give a dispensary view of the current state of the law and what your expectations might be?

as far as p-to-p...CG-to-p ...etc

delivery transfer and such---how do dispensaries believe the act should be read?

I would think p-to-p is what they're standing on until nov...??....

PP, I ask you again, What is CPU's ulterior motive? Show me anywhere where we have even hinted at an ulterior motive.. Other than JoJo and the cainettes, there is none. Please stop drinking his koolaid man.

here we are again....nothing is real possible or valid unless it comes from the hand full of mods and their dwindling yes boys..... but should you disagree with them then you must be joe cain and everything you say is wrong....this site is joke....oh how the list grows.... the good people who would never come back to this site....

You know the funniest Chit is when your arguing defenses in this forum with that 1 person that's so anti medical law- and you mention cops on the site- that person never responds to it lol this is not the first time nor will it be the last. don't forget people if there is cops posing as patients with cards out there... more then likely a whole lot more on a online forum....

Johnny , you have 53 posts and as I recall that is over just a few weeks. Cristinew has been here since the beginning sans banned time from Ganja's hero/herpe. I don't think anything he is saying is pro-LEO he is just putting out a cautious viewpoint. As someone who is involved or claims to be involved in a case I am amazed that you are encouraging others to follow you. I wish you the best of luck,but I would not want anyone to go thru what you are going to go thru. Savvy?

I can understand someone wanting to bend the law if you don't have a choice, but most of the people that are currently bending the law or espousing bending the law are doing it for financial gain, not altruism. The desperation to cash in bleeds thru..

And Ganja, I know you really want to believe in CainTown but this site is far from dead. And they are not even google tagging every word said or completely unsaid. Right?

Edited by SFC

Johnny , you have 53 posts and as I recall that is over just a few weeks. Cristinew has been here since the beginning sans banned time from Ganja's hero/herpe. I don't think anything he is saying is pro-LEO he is just putting out a cautious viewpoint. As someone who is involved or claims to be involved in a case I am amazed that you are encouraging others to follow you. I wish you the best of luck,but I would not want anyone to go thru what you are going to go thru. Savvy?

I can understand someone wanting to bend the law if you don't have a choice, but most of the people that are currently bending the law or espousing bending the law are doing it for financial gain, not altruism. The desperation to cash in bleeds thru..

And Ganja, I know you really want to believe in CainTown but this site is far from dead. And they are not even google tagging every word said or completely unsaid. Right?

its like hes stuck on parrot....once again if anyone doesn't agree...they must be joe cain...its like your obsessed....just call him ask him out jeez get the f over it.

never called anyone out just said if you people really believe that there is no leo on these sites your all insane. 2 different topics ive mentioned it and both times all the members judged immediately to who i was referring to. besides the actual one i was lol. And i was not talking about bending laws neither only stating obvious that its easily misunderstood. and not about financial gain either lmfao meds have never been about finances to me i just hate the fact that so many of the caregivers are a disgrace and even though 50 percent of this state seems to be growing only about 12 percent have a clue on good meds. to much nasty bunny muffin floating around not barely good enough to be called medical. and true Michigander's can agree meds were better before 2008!!!!! no offense

Christine and the others are blinded by their own misinterpretation of the supreme courts 7-0 ruling which clearly states the plain interpretation of the law and what voters intended when they read the ballot....

no wonder why greg sold this site

4b is to protect caregivers from things like cps takin their kids or a professional license from a board

Sec. 4 (b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

if this was it o'keefe would not have added sec e or the clause that allows for uninterrupted supply.....(do i wanna be that test case? hellz no but it is their for a reason honey)

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

(3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

i dont understand why you all are him-hawing this subject claiming it jeopardizes your alleged 501c3......right

even newbie people could go onto this site click on 1 link and read this only as a concept of the law...

even though when you click on the inside link it says oops...it doesn't say don't. no where in any part is it labled...

We now have a patient to patient transfer sub-forum in the general services forum. If you have extra meds and would like to help out another patient please post in the new sub-forum. We know LEO reads these forums so please be safe in any transfer you engage in.

Patient to patient transfer forum