Droney The Friendly Drone Explains "surgical Strikes"

Just remember my friends these very same weapons of mass destruction can be turned against the american people at any given time.

And we all are aware that our government will find a way to justify it. Although they can blow my bass away in the blink of an eye they will never kill my spirit!

I agree wholeheartedly, someone is definitely a police state fan. :-(

He is an apologist for police at every turn.

If you don't like that description,make sure it doesn't fit

Just calling it like I and many others see it.

The Police are Not your Friend.

Is this really a drone issue? The same results can be accomplished by a manned aircraft. Does anybody think that a manned aircraft somehow has a better view of the people below such that they can determine whether it is a funeral or a bunch of people carrying some weapon? In many cases a manned aircraft has a worse view than a drone because of the altitude needed to avoid detection. Drones are so small and quiet that they can fly lower and get a better view of the activity below. In that way they are more effective. Perfect? No. But more effective than a manned aircraft.

So is this a drone v. manned aircraft issue or is it a policy complaint? Seems to me the policy (policing within Pakistan's borders) is more the issue. Then there is the accepted confidence level needed before we pull the trigger. Maybe THAT is the issue? Maybe we need a higher level of confidence that we are killing an actual threat before we pull the trigger?

Or, is this a war issue? Policing and making military strikes within a sovereign nation?

I don't see this as a drone issue. The underlying policy is what should be attacked. The argument in the comic above is the same justification we used to bomb Japan. It was a potential loss of US troops versus loss of Japanese civilians sort of math that was used. How many troops were expected to be lost if we invaded Japan? And how many Japanese civilians were worth one US troop? I don't know, war uses strange math.

Keep in mind we are fighting an enemy that plants bombs on the road so that anyone passing by gets blown to bits. And they complain about drones that at least have cameras to decide who they kill.

Yup, an enemy that plants bombs by the thousands, that do not give a care about who they kill, complain that we made a mistake with the camera footage we are watching to decide who we blow up. Crazy double standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNb10DsaS5A&feature=relmfu

Video game war is not appealing to me at all on a philosophical level. It takes away the disincentive to war.

That's the age we live in. No longer do we line up men in trenches and charge in order to gain real estate. Video game war is here to stay.

Now if you really want disincentive then harken back to the revolutionary war when men lined up and shot at eachother 100 yards away. They were called cowards if they ran or took cover behind a tree. Oh, wait, even THAT disincentive didn't stop war . . .

DN , i agree with others here. i think your opinion is wrong.

we live in a free country which gives right to people, like the right not to be blown up by drones (well, prior to obama anyways). and the right to a fair trial. theres no excuse that justifies killing innocent people just to get at a suspect. if you know where a suspect is, and you can track him via drone, why not go arrest him and give him a fair trial?

it comes down to simple thing for me, treat others as you want to be treated. if you drone attack innocent people in other countries, it might just make someone want to drone attack you.

maybe digitalnomad has a RPG launcher he can use to get the drone before it gets him? haha.

the world of tomorrow is ok, but i like GET YOUR WAR ON much better, http://www.mnftiu.cc/category/gywo/war1/ .

There is a reason they plant roadside bombs. I assume many here would do the same thing if Russian troops came over here for a police action and ended up killing innocent civillians on the regular.

Remember. Our foreign policy creates the terrorists!

"Maybe we ought to consider a Golden Rule in foreign policy: Don't do to other nations what we don't want happening to us. We endlessly bomb these countries and then we wonder why they get upset with us?" - Ron Paul

There is a reason they plant roadside bombs. I assume many here would do the same thing if Russian troops came over here for a police action and ended up killing innocent civilians on the regular.

your right.....

it comes down to simple thing for me, treat others as you want to be treated. if you drone attack innocent people in other countries, it might just make someone want to drone attack you.

yes

and the CIA did create the terrorist we are fighting now,, remember Russia and afghan war?? look into it

Edited by cristinew

DN , i agree with others here. i think your opinion is wrong.

we live in a free country which gives right to people, like the right not to be blown up by drones (well, prior to obama anyways). and the right to a fair trial. theres no excuse that justifies killing innocent people just to get at a suspect. if you know where a suspect is, and you can track him via drone, why not go arrest him and give him a fair trial?

maybe digitalnomad has a RPG launcher he can use to get the drone before it gets him? haha.

the world of tomorrow is ok, but i like GET YOUR WAR ON much better, http://www.mnftiu.cc...gory/gywo/war1/ .

Since when has Obama been killing people with drones in the US? That was a huge leap.

are we safe yet? did we get all of them no here is a few we need to get yet,,

if you quit drugs, you join the fight against terror in America." (and if you use drugs, you join with the terrorists)

President George W. Bush

so i guess we should know where we stand hey?

Edited by cristinew

are we safe yet? did we get all of them no here is a few we need to get yet,,

if you quit drugs, you join the fight against terror in America." (and if you use drugs, you join with the terrorists)

President George W. Bush

so i guess we should know where we stand hey?

The same (il)logical reasoning was employed on this website a couple of years ago. People wanted to boycott Oakland County businesses in an effort to try and make business owners shape administrative policy in the county regarding mm. That same mindset (blaming a non-proximate cause) is pervasive some types of people. It doesn't mean everyone feels that way.

Since when has Obama been killing people with drones in the US? That was a huge leap.

it hasnt happened yet. i didnt say it did, i said we used to have the right to be protected from such crazy things.

the obama administration claims it has the power to do so.

search for 'obama kill list'

and then look at the news.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/19/congress-hears-warnings-about-drones-in-us-skies/

A House Homeland Security subcommittee today heard sharp warnings about the plan to allow drones to fly widely in U.S. airspace starting in 2015.

so to recap, the USA

1) uses drones to kill people in other countries

2) says it has the power to kill anyone in any country who it thinks is a terrorist, without evidence, or secret evidence that cannot be challenged in a court, does not need a warrant, judge, etc to give the OK. and has KEPT THIS DRONE KILLING INFORMATION A SECRET.

3) congress will / has approved drone use in USA against americans

so whats step 4) then? is 4) the drones dont cause any trouble for anyone and go about your business.

30,000 drones. buzzing around your family. at all hours. recording everything. armed.

maybe the drones will start out unarmed, just to make people feel 'safe'.

then maybe they'll arm one just for swat teams, then they'll arm another one for border patrol, then they'll arm another one for homeland security, then there wont be any more without bombs.

maybe the drones will start out unarmed, just to make people feel 'safe'.

then maybe they'll arm one just for swat teams, then they'll arm another one for border patrol, then they'll arm another one for homeland security, then there wont be any more without bombs.

I heard that Obama plans on trying to get another one of those "hands across america" lines going during his lame duck period if he isn't re-elected. Then the plan was to have armed drones strafe the line all the way from Manhattan to LA. Anyone left alive after that will be targeted by heat seeking missles that the 2nd wave of drones will carry. Although Obama does plan to spare 10 or 15 lives. He will put those to work collecting all of the money in the US. It will be all piled up where the corners meet in the 4 corners states. Then he is going to sit on top of the pile of money and laugh and smoke a cigarette.