What's The Best

cujo

Btw, you will need 7K BTUs of cooling per 1K fixture. And in winter simply exchange fresh air like a previous poster suggested. Growing in soil is nearly as fast as hydro once you have your environment dialed in, and it's much cheaper, oh and you don't need a chiller. Google subcools supersoil it's a good mix to start with. Just water and wait.

Btw, you will need 7K BTUs of cooling per 1K fixture. And in winter simply exchange fresh air like a previous poster suggested. Growing in soil is nearly as fast as hydro once you have your environment dialed in, and it's much cheaper, oh and you don't need a chiller. Google subcools supersoil it's a good mix to start with. Just water and wait.

a 5 ton should handle 14 1000w. lights so it was over kill for 4 lights. but it wouldnt run as much.

At the DCCC we try to get people up and running for $500 or less.

that's very hard to do. i had that much into building the room with the electrical, the poly, a window banger a c , and two electric heaters. and then there is the equipment. a good grow light cost $450. to $600 with a good a c hood. fans , controls, a perpetual grow takes three lights and the cloning closet the veg room full of fluorescents. (ya I got a spelling problem) and I like to buy nutrients and suplements, and I went cheap two of my lights are 600w. and one is 750w. all my ballast were under $200 my 600w. e ballast were on sale for $129 most pay that or more for a bulb. I got my bulbs for $59 and $69 for $500 I would get an oz 4 times a yr. sad situation but true.

that's very hard to do. i had that much into building the room with the electrical, the poly, a window banger a c , and two electric heaters. and then there is the equipment. a good grow light cost $450. to $600 with a good a c hood. fans , controls, a perpetual grow takes three lights and the cloning closet the veg room full of fluorescents. (ya I got a spelling problem) and I like to buy nutrients and suplements, and I went cheap two of my lights are 600w. and one is 750w. all my ballast were under $200 my 600w. e ballast were on sale for $129 most pay that or more for a bulb. I got my bulbs for $59 and $69 for $500 I would get an oz 4 times a yr. sad situation but true.

and this was just a thread for us to dream and drool have you seen those $40,000-$100,000 rooms on the net. all a c and no hoods. sealed with multiple c o 2 generators and giant BUDS.

and this was just a thread for us to dream and drool have you seen those $40,000-$100,000 rooms on the net. all a c and no hoods. sealed with multiple c o 2 generators and giant BUDS.

Yup, I got you. That's why I pointed out the puny air conditioner, just for fun. I don't use one, just dreaming about if I needed one, I wouldn't buy a 12K unit.

well since we are dreaming...

lets talk about back up power units...

anyone using a generator now? which size? and if you could upgrade to any power source / back up unit what would it be?

i would love to build a battery, solar, wind and water powered green "house" with geothermal heating and cooling.... just a water pump to heat or cool all the space then..

Hey Cujo, i never had a prob. with powdery mold untill i got a a.c. unit. got rid of it and used fresh air only. electric heaters are also a waste of enegry use unvented zone heaters. good for co2. personaly i think cell is right on target for a basic set up.

without my heaters my babies would die it's 28 degrees. and my new electric heaters had an energy use estamate of $28 per season they don't get hot enough to melt the plastic they're made of they don't even require ground plugs. they only run when needed. the humidity is way too low though cause I'm still venting in the winter instead of get the c o 2 I need but generator and control are about $800. I use a pilot light from my mr. heater to help take off the chill and add c o 2 in the lung room. don't get me wrong you got to start somewhere but you won't be happy till it's right.

well since we are dreaming...

lets talk about back up power units...

anyone using a generator now? which size? and if you could upgrade to any power source / back up unit what would it be?

i would love to build a battery, solar, wind and water powered green "house" with geothermal heating and cooling.... just a water pump to heat or cool all the space then..

that's it dream baby dream

I have my reservoirs buried under the ground for a little geothermal action. Never have to cool them in the summer. I do have to heat them with titanium aquarium heaters in the winter time. That makes for very consistent res temp. The plants love that.

I don't do hydro so I guess mine would be called a water barrel. and I never need to cool it I want it in the warm room so it's room temp and doesn't shock and it's kept circulating always and airated always, this is knon as living water. same thing that starts my clones in the bubble bucket cloner. the only thing I add direct to the barrel is a touch of super thrive. then it's soil and organics. except for the big bud and overdrive during bloom.

500 isn't bad if you are a patient with 12 plants.

A 4x4 tent with a 600 exhausted with a 4 inch blower/scrubber, assuming you purchase teens in 3 gallon containers (9 weeks 9 plants), can give you a steady supply of 2.5 oz per week plus extracts. Summertime will require ac, winter is free.

It's all about light, food, and air flow. What would I do with an unlimited budget? First, off to cannabis college to take the outdoor/greenhouse course or enroll in the botany program at MSU. Then, I would bury a boxcar and construct a greenhouse on top with forced ventilation that can be routed fresh, or be the exhaust from the boxcar (which would serve as the indoor grow when temps allow). This would also allow me to heat the greenhouse at night simply by operating the indoor grow (hopefully). And by hanging a bunch of lights in the greenhouse and running them to supplement the sun in November and December, I (again hopefully) could successfully run landrace sativas in my greenhouse.

Haha, but then again it might be cheaper just to buy a small farm in Puerto Rico and wait out national legalization...

As far as gennys, how about a diesel genny running hemp derived fuel alcohol for a dream setup.

oh..

i like that...

cannabis oil running my generator... :cigar:

gives a whole new meaning to the phrase.. gotta grab a can of oil.. its now cannaoil... :excl:

i would have to block off the exhaust so the neighbors don't try huffing my generator fumes :lolu: