Need Non-High Relief Of Nausea

Side effects. My hair fell out,lesions on my skin,not being able to go anywhere because of no immune system,gastritis so bad that I had to take another RX to help with that,infection,a tumor in my lung,combining it with other RXs,(thanks that I have a great Pharmacist). Benefits,relief from pain and noticable relief from inflammation. That was enough to keep me on it and the MTX for 2 years. I trusted my Rheumatologist,until I went to U of M for a second opinion,then a THIRD opinion and found out I did not test positive for RA,and did not need either one of these drugs. Embrel is 2500.00 per month,the MTX was cheap. Each required not being able to take any antibiotics,probably why I now have this lung infection that will keep me on antis for 6 months. The Embrel worked faster than the Humira as far as pain relief. If I was young,I never would have taken either drug. But I am old,and at the end of my rope,so I did not care about the side effects.And would go on it again if it helped.I do use PBs oil topically,but switch on and off from that to Lidocaine patches. I also have some salve I got from a farmers Mkt a while ago,that seemed to help too.Tried agave infused with cannabis tincture,that only worked for a little while. Alcohol based tinctures hurt my guts when I tried them. I cannot take opiates,or NSaids,nothing for pain nit even Tylenol. The same people that complain about the pharm companies over-charging do the same thing.30 bucks for salve,tinctures,once I asked the guy with the agave if I could get 2 bottles for 50 bucks,they would have been 60,so it was only ten bucks,and he said no. So I just drifted off again,alone with no help.

Have you ever tasted the PB oil?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side effects. My hair fell out,lesions on my skin,not being able to go anywhere because of no immune system,gastritis so bad that I had to take another RX to help with that,infection,a tumor in my lung,combining it with other RXs,(thanks that I have a great Pharmacist). Benefits,relief from pain and noticable relief from inflammation. That was enough to keep me on it and the MTX for 2 years. I trusted my Rheumatologist,until I went to U of M for a second opinion,then a THIRD opinion and found out I did not test positive for RA,and did not need either one of these drugs. Embrel is 2500.00 per month,the MTX was cheap. Each required not being able to take any antibiotics,probably why I now have this lung infection that will keep me on antis for 6 months. The Embrel worked faster than the Humira as far as pain relief. If I was young,I never would have taken either drug. But I am old,and at the end of my rope,so I did not care about the side effects.And would go on it again if it helped.I do use PBs oil topically,but switch on and off from that to Lidocaine patches. I also have some salve I got from a farmers Mkt a while ago,that seemed to help too.Tried agave infused with cannabis tincture,that only worked for a little while. Alcohol based tinctures hurt my guts when I tried them. I cannot take opiates,or NSaids,nothing for pain nit even Tylenol. The same people that complain about the pharm companies over-charging do the same thing.30 bucks for salve,tinctures,once I asked the guy with the agave if I could get 2 bottles for 50 bucks,they would have been 60,so it was only ten bucks,and he said no. So I just drifted off again,alone with no help.

Sorry to hear that. I've been taking Enbrel for about 15 years without a single side effect(for AS). It's not $2500 a month, it's $1500 a month. I see the bills for it. I recommend you use cannabis oil in gel caps. Give a tiny bit a try and see how it works for you. From what you said in your first post I assumed you had AS(ankylosing spondylitis). I guess I was wrong.

No,you're not wrong,I DO have AS. But didn't test positive for RA. He said it was Serum Negative,thats what he put in my chart. You have been on Embrel for 15 years?I didn't even know the TNF drugs were that old. I was only on Embrel and methotrexate injections for 2 years.

Yes, Enbrel has been out since 1986. The blood test they use for AS is a genetic test. The indicator for Enbrel is a high sed rate, high inflammation in your blood. I had a high sed rate and when I started taking Enbrel it went into the normal range. That's how it should have been approached for you. You don't have to test positive for RA for Enbrel to be indicated. It was the methotrexate that gave you all those bad side effects. I was on that before Enbrel and it was terrible. It's a chemotherapy drug. Smoking helps a lot when you are taking methotrexate. Methotrexate did nothing for me at all.

MTX made my guts get even worse. I know about the test,I am Factor V Leiden positive and of course because of that have to see a hemo Dr When my PTT/INR is off,I have to go on Lovenox injections.. I am really starting to question this Rheum Dr,not the one at U of M,but the one I started with in Rochester. The one that put me on MTX and TNF drugs. You are right on about the inflammation. I don't take any preddy because of my guts and the FVL positive thing. I can't believe someone actually knows and understands what I am talking about. It gets real frustrating at times.Thanks for listening.

Here we go again.

It's "topical" right? And you don't recommend people internally consume it right? You just drop constant hints that they should.

What a piece of . . . work.

This is a medical marijuana web site.

People suggest all kinds of cannabis things for medical conditions.

Surprisingly, there are even more suggestions when a patient actually asks for suggestions.

Why is this the only suggestion you object to?

What are you suggesting?

I am suggesting that it is dishonest to have a set of peanutbutter rules.

Since you would never be so dishonest, that must mean that medical applications are forbidden topics for everyone.

Please redirect requests for help figuring medical things to another site and lock this down.

Why is this the only suggestion you object to?

Well that can be answered very simply peanut. 1. You are hawking something without divulging ingredients (and before you claim you have divulged ingredients you should be intellectually honest and state that you deleted the ingredients from this very site). 2. You claim that your oil is for topical use only but then you hint that people should internally consume.

With that said I am done addressing this issue. I'm not going to engage with you on this any further and sidetrack the discussion. It seems Restorium has the issue covered for the OP. Carry on.

No one is suggesting different PB rules. You are probably confused because it seems there was a different set of PB rules for a few years. You posted pretty much whatever you liked. Some of us got banned for pointing out problems. Do we need to reopen those wounds?

Now that you are getting called to task you whine there are different rules

Lemme make something clear. If anyone else posts the utter crap you sometimes come up with they will get called out just the same. Happens to me too but I don't cry about it. Sometimes we humans make mistakes. Get over yours.

Who else is marketing super secret oil on this site?. No one.

We all play by the same rules. You thought you were above them. You are not

Grow up and welcome to medical cannabis in Michigan..

Edited by Highlander

Didn't mean to start a fight. Sorry I even brought it up now. The only thing I learned is that it's too expensive for me anyways.

It doesn't have to be expensive.

A grower will need a way to use the buds (and close leaves) that are not really up to par as the 'top medical buds' on a plant. It makes it so you can select the buds you want off the top and then use all the rest of the trim leaves and buds for oil(or butter). It's a great way to go and it doesn't cost a lot to make it.

Jointed one...give us an idea of your situation. There are plenty of CGs willing to work with you. If you said something like " I need one oz of herb and 4 grams of oil per month....and I can afford $x." People would know what you are working with and this will open options.

Just try to ignore the non-caregivers and/or dispensaries. They can't legally help you anyway. And even if they could, the cost will be higher than a CG.

Edited by Highlander

I only have a certain amount of $ in the budget,just like most people. I can't pull money out of my butt,and there is no money tree growing in the backyard. Dispensaries are a joke.They tell you that a certain strain will relieve all my pain,that's bull and we all know it. Don't tell me that a strain will work better than an opiate or narcotic. I would buy the crap out of that if there was one. When a persons body isn't clouded by opiates you KNOW when something helps. And they have the nerve to say that to you, I've been puffing longer than the age of the guy behind the counter! And I am not a FOOL. Last night I had a sucker. It didn't do crap and it was a big one with a gram of hash in it. Might have just as well eaten the money paid for it. If I told you guys what my pt fee is,you would agree it is very reasonable. The best part is that the quality is high consistantly,and always available for me.There ARE some great CGs out there,I consider mine as a friend also.He helps me,and in turn I help another person. I'm not the dummy that started in 2008,now I know much more,and have experienced WHO to stay away from. Really like the fact that you guys SAY what you mean and aren't so CENSORED like some sites are.

I only have a certain amount of $ in the budget,just like most people. I can't pull money out of my butt,and there is no money tree growing in the backyard. Dispensaries are a joke.They tell you that a certain strain will relieve all my pain,that's bull and we all know it. Don't tell me that a strain will work better than an opiate or narcotic. I would buy the crap out of that if there was one. When a persons body isn't clouded by opiates you KNOW when something helps. And they have the nerve to say that to you, I've been puffing longer than the age of the guy behind the counter! And I am not a FOOL. Last night I had a sucker. It didn't do crap and it was a big one with a gram of hash in it. Might have just as well eaten the money paid for it. If I told you guys what my pt fee is,you would agree it is very reasonable. The best part is that the quality is high consistantly,and always available for me.There ARE some great CGs out there,I consider mine as a friend also.He helps me,and in turn I help another person. I'm not the dummy that started in 2008,now I know much more,and have experienced WHO to stay away from. Really like the fact that you guys SAY what you mean and aren't so CENSORED like some sites are.

Specifically for your condition, cannabis may be the thing that breaks that circle of inflammation. It's not going to totally kill the pain of an inflamed joint but it might slowly reduce the inflammation. I have read some really good comments from medical cannabis patients that say that cannabis is better than a stone cold pain killer because with cannabis they are more in touch with some of the pain that keeps them from hurting themselves further. The strong pain killer made them feel bulletproof so they actually can make the problem worse because of that. Cannabis deadens pain but doesn't completely remove it in most cases. This can be seen as an advantage.

Thanks Rest,I will keep that in mind. Did you know that a ripe banana that has brown spots is special? Those brown spots are filled with TNF properties. I just found this out. And am going to buy bananas, can't hurt,lots of potassium in them. I know there are food stuffs with healing properties too.

Thanks Rest,I will keep that in mind. Did you know that a ripe banana that has brown spots is special? Those brown spots are filled with TNF properties. I just found this out. And am going to buy bananas, can't hurt,lots of potassium in them. I know there are food stuffs with healing properties too.

You're welcome. And thanks for the banana hint. Sounds like a good thing to add to a smoothie. You would probably need to eat it while it's still 'alive' (uncooked) to get all the goodies out of it.