Need Non-High Relief Of Nausea

Each morning nausea spoils my day as soon as I set foot out of bed. So I vape or burn some bud and in just seconds after the first hit, the nausea is decreased. After a pipeful it's been pushed so far back and away that it won't attack again until the next morning.

But for two hours after smoking or vaping, I'm jittery and unsteady and unfocused--high.

Medibles work but even the super strong ones--the ones so bitter that even adding huge amounts of peanut butter won't delete the foulness--take almost an an hour to decrease my nausea. Their advantage is that the high is so gentle I don't notice it and my function is unaffected; not so with the bud.

What would be fast and effective yet non-high?

Edited by pic book

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could try a different technique.

Start out by smoking as little as necessary for instant relief and then use small doses of oil or tincture throughout the day as needed to stave of the nausea. A little bit on a regular basis as a maintenance dose.

Start out small and work your way up to an amount that keeps you feeling good but not so much that you get high.

You should be able to tolerate larger doses after a while and not notice any intoxicating effects.

I take compazine for nausea. It works, but it puts me back to sleep. Have you tried a tea made of ginger root? It works pretty good.

Thanks. Will look for ginger root tea on the shelf at grocery.

And the smoking enuf and then thru the day a bit as needed? Will try.

Gel caps? Now to find them ready-made.

Why nausea? Dr. right away said 'blood sugar', but sugar glucose test came back normal.

My nausea started recently. Dr. thot cud be change in medication, but scripts have been stable 1 year!

Edited by pic book

Oh, I love this question! I really think I can help too. Here goes!

There are a couple of ways to use marijuana without getting the psychoactive "high" effect.

First, there is topical oil. This is a way to use marijuana on spot specific regions of the body through topical application- just like putting on lotion. Many of you have heard of PeanutButter's Topical Oil, right? Testimonials here: http://mijoint.com/testimonials1.html

And then there is my ultimate favorite- Juicing!!! This is simply putting a cannabis plant through a juicer after it is freshly cut. This is a fantastic medicine! Relieves all and any stomache issues I've ever had, from cramping to nausea to indegestion. *(Be sure to use a low rpm juicer as the faster rpms will decarboxylate the cannabis and this will completely disregard the whole point of non-psychoactive medicine!)*

If you've never heard of juicing or are unfamiliar with it, try these links: http://hightimes.com/legal/ht_admin/6907 ,

. I would even recommend google searching for "cannabis as a vegetable" or some variation of that. Basically, before it is decarboxylized and made into psychoactive THC, the THC molecule is a non-psychoactive THCa (THC acid) which has been found to be beneficial to every cell in your body: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinolic_acid , http://www.thenorthwestleaf.com/pages/articles/post/juicing-cannabis , http://www.naturalnews.com/034425_marijuana_cannabinoids_medicine.html.

The reason I love the juicing so much is because it not only works wonderfully, but it promotes healthy eating as well. Drinking just the Raw Cannabis Juice alone is not recommended- it tastes like a lawnmower! I would definitely advise getting some fruits and maybe even some veggies to help ease the taste. Once you find a good combo of fruits and whatnot that works for you, you can make a tasty juice that you'll love!

And why would you use marijuana if it doesn't get you high? What's the point?

This is real medicine, my friend.

• 1 month later...

Each morning nausea spoils my day as soon as I set foot out of bed. So I vape or burn some bud and in just seconds after the first hit, the nausea is decreased. After a pipeful it's been pushed so far back and away that it won't attack again until the next morning.

But for two hours after smoking or vaping, I'm jittery and unsteady and unfocused--high.

Medibles work but even the super strong ones--the ones so bitter that even adding huge amounts of peanut butter won't delete the foulness--take almost an an hour to decrease my nausea. Their advantage is that the high is so gentle I don't notice it and my function is unaffected; not so with the bud.

What would be fast and effective yet non-high?

Sorry I didn't specifically post about nausea .. many people report reduction in nausea also.

Best time of day seems to be as the patient is waking up.

310289_10150338006006476_386985272_n.jpg

Maybe you could try medicating in advance....the night before. Ingested RSO can take hours before the effects are felt depending on how much food is in your stomach and the form the RSO was in when ingested.

Making hash oil makes me think of plant numbers. Anybody know how that case with oil and a hundred plants come out in Livingston county? It may have been last November/December?

Okay then how about Ulcerative Colitis or Crohns? I have read that MJ has anti-inflammatory properties. Anklyosing Spondilitis,an arthritic condition of the spine that most IBD pts develop? Both these IBDs cause your immune system to go nuts and attack itself. Been on the biologics ,Humira and Embrel and Methotrexate for 2 years. The relief was worth the side effects for a while. But since I have been off them for 7 months now,and I have developed allergies to Levaquin and Penicillin. My immune system will not work anymore, making life in the house and staying away from public places a real pain in the donkey. Would someone like me make a good candidate for the oil?

Okay then how about Ulcerative Colitis or Crohns? I have read that MJ has anti-inflammatory properties. Anklyosing Spondilitis,an arthritic condition of the spine that most IBD pts develop? Both these IBDs cause your immune system to go nuts and attack itself. Been on the biologics ,Humira and Embrel and Methotrexate for 2 years. The relief was worth the side effects for a while. But since I have been off them for 7 months now,and I have developed allergies to Levaquin and Penicillin. My immune system will not work anymore, making life in the house and staying away from public places a real pain in the donkey. Would someone like me make a good candidate for the oil?

What kind of side effects were you experiencing with Enbrel? Cannabis oil helps with many aspects of ankylosing spondylitis.

Side effects. My hair fell out,lesions on my skin,not being able to go anywhere because of no immune system,gastritis so bad that I had to take another RX to help with that,infection,a tumor in my lung,combining it with other RXs,(thanks that I have a great Pharmacist). Benefits,relief from pain and noticable relief from inflammation. That was enough to keep me on it and the MTX for 2 years. I trusted my Rheumatologist,until I went to U of M for a second opinion,then a THIRD opinion and found out I did not test positive for RA,and did not need either one of these drugs. Embrel is 2500.00 per month,the MTX was cheap. Each required not being able to take any antibiotics,probably why I now have this lung infection that will keep me on antis for 6 months. The Embrel worked faster than the Humira as far as pain relief. If I was young,I never would have taken either drug. But I am old,and at the end of my rope,so I did not care about the side effects.And would go on it again if it helped.I do use PBs oil topically,but switch on and off from that to Lidocaine patches. I also have some salve I got from a farmers Mkt a while ago,that seemed to help too.Tried agave infused with cannabis tincture,that only worked for a little while. Alcohol based tinctures hurt my guts when I tried them. I cannot take opiates,or NSaids,nothing for pain nit even Tylenol. The same people that complain about the pharm companies over-charging do the same thing.30 bucks for salve,tinctures,once I asked the guy with the agave if I could get 2 bottles for 50 bucks,they would have been 60,so it was only ten bucks,and he said no. So I just drifted off again,alone with no help.