Pretty Curious Thing

I received my medical records today in the mail and apparently I have been receiving Medical Marijuana. This was news to me, as I haven't had a chance to apply for my card yet. I was indeed planning to file for it, however, like I said, as I was reading through my doctors notes he states that I was prescribed MMJ through a different doctor..I was wondering: What do I do about this situation? I haven't received a card or even any notification, so this is odd to me.

I had spoken to my doctor about it way back in may of 2012 or so, but never got around to applying for the card (I moved downstate and haven't spoken to a doctor since) and I requested my medical records, and when I got them today I read through them to behold that apparently I was prescribed MMJ through another doctor.

And identity theft that somehow notified a doctor that I had spoken to once a month to via telecom? It just seems strange..As I stated, I'm actually very confused about this situation.

Think about it someone talked to another doctor that you claimed you never talked to and it goes in your file that a doctor prescribed cannabis to you and if this never happened who did they talk to and how did it go into your medical records thats got identity theft written all over it to me .

http://www.justice.org/resources/Medical_Negligence_Primer.pdf

http://www.justice.org/cps/rde/justice/hs.xsl/8677.htm

CauseofDeath.jpg

An average of 195,000 people in the USA died due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002, according to a new study of 37 million patient records that was released today by HealthGrades, the healthcare quality company.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/11856.php

The Institute of Medicine (IOM) report on medical errors created an intense public response by stating that between 44,000 and 98,000 hospitalized Americans die each year as a result of preventable medical errors.

You need to contact the doctor who gave you his records. It is probably just a mistake or perhaps you told him you smoked marijuana? Are they the doctors notes? Are you sure you did not tell the doctor something about our favorite plant? He may have been trying to recall the conversation when he wrote the notes- they screw up minor details like this all the time.

However, as stated before it could be ID theft and you need to find out from whoever wrote the note how they got that information.

• 2 weeks later...

your stsmnt "apparently" is a bit vauge - most docs have no clue how this works, and the mention of "prescribed MMJ " sorta makes it appear that way

as a Doc only certifies that you MIGHT get some benefit....we know no one prescribes it (it's illegal) and you cannot go get it at CVS...some Docs do

not know that..

I would clear it up when you see Him (Doc) and make sure it is charted correctly....CYA

M