What Type Of Access Do Patients Want?

This thread is to discuss what Pt/s would like. Do they want the only safe legitimate access for medicine to be from only their Cg? Do Patients want to be able to access medicine from alternative sources such as farmers markets, compassion clubs, dispensaries, or provision centers? Do they want to be free to decide from all of these methods?

I see a lot of talk about the core point of Medical Marijuana in the state of Michigan being about the Pt. This is rightly so. I also see a lot of blanket statements that purport to represent some type of general consensus among all patients. I do not believe any one person or group is able to speak for all patients or even most patients.

The success that many dispensaries saw is directly based upon the welcome that they received from patients. How many patients gladly drove hours to be able to go to a dispensary that was recommended to them? I would say many did.

There is a group of people that are determined to have their own view be dictated upon all patients. I believe this is wrong. The demand from patients for access to medicine outside of the Pt/Cg model is clearly a strong enough demand that these types of businesses opened all across the state and were frequented by many, many patients.

I see a myth perpetuated on this site that all patients are poor, dying, vulnerable, and only a caregiver can provide adequate medicine to them. Any other medicine is inferior and predatory in nature. I don't believe this to be true either.

If this act is truly about the Pt then why are so many Pt's being discounted, harassed, demeaned, insulted, and marginalized by voices that wish to control them and decide what is best for them? Should Pt's not be aloud to decide for themselves? I know many that don't want the hassle of growing for themselves or someone else growing for them. Should we forget about these Patients?

I believe that a patient should be able to choose whatever is most convenient for them. Just because something is convenient or preferable to you does not make it so for all.

Please feel free to criticize, comment on, or ignore this thread.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this act is truly about the Pt then why are so many Pt's being discounted, harassed, demeaned, insulted, and marginalized by voices that wish to control them and decide what is best for them? Should Pt's not be aloud to decide for themselves? I know many that don't want the hassle of growing for themselves or someone else growing for them. Should we forget about these Patients?

This all this thread is about. The ability for patients to make choices for themselves. I believe that we(patients) should be able to decide what is the best fit for us. I am not saying that our current law allows this. This is what I wish for myself and any other patient that values their own choices for themselves.

"If this act is truly about the Pt then why are so many Pt's being discounted, harassed, demeaned, insulted, and marginalized by voices that wish to control them and decide what is best for them?"

Will you be so kind, aside from p'nut and who hears voices already, to name two?

Edited by GregS

GregS

Don't need to point fingers or give examples, that would be unnecessarily inflammatory. If you have not seen examples of this yourself then please ignore that part of the post. It will not alter the message.

Do you feel that patients should be able to decide for themselves how they get their medicine, without putting any party in danger?

GregS

Don't need to point fingers or give examples, that would be unnecessarily inflammatory. If you have not seen examples of this yourself then please ignore that part of the post. It will not alter the message.

Do you feel that patients should be able to decide for themselves how they get their medicine, without putting any party in danger?

So the answer is none.

Gotitthanks.

Edited by GregS

Your welcome.

Did you want to respond with anything of substance to any of the questions presented?

That question remains to you.

Please respond to my question, which requires an answer before I can answer your response with a reasoned response.

Thankewsincerely

Edited by GregS

It's about give and take. Mostly we give and they take. If I want something from the legislature, that works for law enforcement, then I would have to give them something. All I have to give them is my 12 plant grow. Get the picture? I'm not willing to give that up if there is even the slightest chance my right will be taken from me. There is not a single person on God's Green Earth that can guarantee me that my rights will not be taken if I ask for more from this legislature. I know that from paying very close attention to them.

Edited by Restorium2

Once again I am not here to point fingers. Just make sure that my opinion and views are represented.

If you must wait for that question to be answered before you continue with your participation, then we will all just have to go on without your input. Feel free to jump back in at anytime though.

And because you cannot refute this point, you are maybe not a pathetic loser, but a loser nonetheless.

So I guess it is going to come down to patients and caregivers that grow and those that do not.

I can understand those that do not being okay with potentially having the ability to pick up a vast array of strains , medibles and topical's in one location. The trade off of course will be higher prices, some are ok with that.

On the other side you have growers and patients that want affordable meds of consistant quality. We are unwilling to risk our grow rights, I guess we will find out who has the juice to get their way.

Edit: See Zap and I didn't even attack anyone, :)

Edited by SFC

It's about give and take. Mostly we give and they take. If I want something from the legislature, that works for law enforcement, then I would have to give them something. All I have to give them is my 12 plant grow. Get the picture? I'm not willing to give that up if there is even the slightest chance my right will be taken from me. There is not a single person on God's Green Earth that can guarantee me that my rights will not be taken if I ask for more from this legislature. I know that from paying very close attention to them.

I see your point and agree that most of the legislature/LEO would like to put an end to all of this.

I for one believe that The MMMA Cg/Pt model (whatever that ends up being) can exist in perfect harmony with alternative distribution/acquisition models.

So I guess it is going to come down to patients and caregivers that grow and those that do not.

I can understand those that do not being okay with potentially having the ability to pick up a vast array of strains , medibles and topical's in one location. The trade off of course will be higher prices, some are ok with that.

On the other side you have growers and patients that want affordable meds of consistant quality. We are unwilling to risk our grow rights, I guess we will find out who has the juice to get their way.

Edit: See Zap and I didn't even attack anyone, :)

I think we can all work to together to get what we want, as long as what we want does not infringe on each other.

1 voice to free the plant.

people that live in the city are going to want to go to '7-eleven' for their "goodies"--

24/7 365 access? Hmmmm? You might be on to something. As long as Pt's can keep their plants to grow or assign regardless of where they live.

I used to always need on Christmas day but could never find anyone around. I think a dispensary that was open every day would probably do very well.