New 6K Room Build Out

Faygo

Can you explain the electrical situation?  It looks like you are running on 110v with your ballasts, and there are only 4 breakers running those 6 ballasts.  Those 6 lights will draw about 57 amps total.  Your continuous load ought to be 80% of the capacity, so you'd need 70 amps of breakers.....so assuming you have 20 amp breakers, I don't understand how you run three lights off two breakers?  Or even if they are 15 amp breakers, how do you run three lights off of the two breakers.  I'm not being critical, just trying to point out a problem if it exists and it you have that base covered, this is an opportunity for me to learn.  Nice photos by the way.  Thanks for sharing this.

I have seen quite a few 4000w 220v setups with one double pole 30 amp breaker. I understood that a 1000w 220v ballast pulls 4.5 amps, which puts that setup at 60%, right? I am no electrician.

you run at 220 it pulls 4-5 amps. i run solis tek ballast built in surge protection so it will never blow

Edited by Faygo

way off on the pricing. here is the run down on how much this room cost me.

6 new Magnum XXXL- 160 each in total 960

6 new Sols Tek Ballast - 300 each in total 1800

1 used Gen1 4 burner 70 bucks missing a plug i still have to buy

1 Used Ruud 3 ton AC unit 1200 and 300 in parts in total 1500

electrical parts and gas plumbing came some where around 400

Flooring 100, Fans 200, used co2 controller 150, and small things like rails and light holders around 300.

All labor was done by me so i don't counts that as money giving a total cost in the ball park of 5500.

good job Faygo..

Great work !

thank you for sharing....

looks like some patients will be getting an adequate supply of this amazing plant with your efforts..

i would venture a guess you could take care of 5 patients who need maximum yield....possibly with this setup... but maybe not.

the math for BHO i have seen is approximately one ounce of high quality bud equals maybe 4-5 grams of concentrate...

that means a minimum one ounce every other day for someone with an aggressive treatment schedule.

so just one patient using 1-4 grams of concentrate per day to fight off a disease would need 3-4 ounces a week...and a caregiver with a setup like this one would be able to have enough concentrates to effectively provide that..

i can say...

if i am diagnosed with cancer...

i would want to eat as much concentrate as i could get my hands on...

4 grams a day seems like a minimum when a person is trying to save their life..

and then there is juicing cannabis..

excellent pictures.. 

thank you again for sharing them with us..

good job Faygo..

Great work !

thank you for sharing....

looks like some patients will be getting an adequate supply of this amazing plant with your efforts..

i would venture a guess you could take care of 5 patients who need maximum yield....possibly with this setup... but maybe not.

the math for BHO i have seen is approximately one ounce of high quality bud equals maybe 4-5 grams of concentrate...

that means a minimum one ounce every other day for someone with an aggressive treatment schedule.

so just one patient using 1-4 grams of concentrate per day to fight off a disease would need 3-4 ounces a week...and a caregiver with a setup like this one would be able to have enough concentrates to effectively provide that..

i can say...

if i am diagnosed with cancer...

i would want to eat as much concentrate as i could get my hands on...

4 grams a day seems like a minimum when a person is trying to save their life..

and then there is juicing cannabis..

excellent pictures..

thank you again for sharing them with us..

Great post, great thread. Color me green with envy!

4 grams a day?

Seems a little extreme doesn't it?

no.

not when battling gleoblastomas.  (as an example)

i would venture 3-6 grams eaten a day as a minimum standard....

that is to effectively attempt to remiss a stage four brain tumor..

then there's the potential to eat the whole plant raw and even juicing....

when addressing something as serious as say.. cancer.. it seems to me a person wants to be able to acquire and use as much as possible...and or as much as needed.