Greater Clare Area Compassion Club Meeting 4-13-13

This week we will be discussing strains, and which ones are appropriate for certain conditions...VERY IMPORTANT FOR CAREGIVERS! Did you know some strains are potentially bad for people with seizure disorders? Do you have a patient with MS and need to know what strains will help his/her condition? Find out at the next meeting!

Also we will be hearing from patients who have found great benefits from cannabis. This section will bring it home! We need to remember why we do this for those who need our care. 

As usual, no fees, no logging in, and open to the public. Also, we will be accepting fresh produce and non perishable goods for the Soup Kitchen in Farwell. 

Thanks to all for your past participation at the GCACC meetings, and thanks in advance for your future participation. This is YOUR club, and YOU are making it great!

Meeting time: Saturday April 13th 12:00PM-2:00PM @ Hydro 411  

411 W. 5th Street Clare, MI  48617  

www.greaterclare.com

Got a suggestion for you.  We need to start doing videos of speakers at compassion clubs and uploading them to a YouTube Channel.  If all the active clubs in the state contribute, we could get quite a good source of current information available for viewing.  Might be a good way to interest folks in attending and supporting the clubs.

Dr. Bob

Thanks for the kind words H.C. !   :)

Dr. Bob..thats a very good idea, I can also post our speakers (with their permission, of course) to the web site in addition to youtube.

Just a word of caution......

I was VERY disgruntled a few years ago when I attended a compassion club meeting that was filming and taking pictures without permission of the attendees.   The speakers may not mind but PLEASE be mindful of the attendees as well. 

I know your a smart, educated person.....Some of these people were as well.  It just seemed to slip there mind that some patients attending do not want there image in any type of print or video.

Just some food for thought there.

good point norther gal, most dont want to wear a mask into the cc meeting. if they keep it just on the speaker thats a bit dif, but even that may keep folks away, def keep me from speaking.

I just want them to think it out throughly beforehand.  Privacy is a big thing for many and some drive hours just to remain "anonymous" to those in there area.  I know that has been voiced at our meetings several times.  It seems they have a good thing starting and some good "leaders", I would hate for them to lose attendees due to lack of privacy concerns.

I agree.  Privacy should always be 1st in thought.  Some of us prefer to remain anonymous, and any form of photography, video, etc... can create concerns for this.  I personally believe there is a serious need to respect and uphold anonymity for all attending members. 

Edited by Secret Garden Genetics

Just a word of caution......

I was VERY disgruntled a few years ago when I attended a compassion club meeting that was filming and taking pictures without permission of the attendees.   The speakers may not mind but PLEASE be mindful of the attendees as well. 

I know your a smart, educated person.....Some of these people were as well.  It just seemed to slip there mind that some patients attending do not want there image in any type of print or video.

Just some food for thought there.

I couldn't agree more- privacy and protection of the members will always trump the need to get info out on a public forum. Perhaps we can film such educational in-services separately when the club is not in session. 

Did you know some strains are potentially bad for people with seizure disorders

Indica or sativa    blueberry or lemon skunk,,,   I just don't understand that 

Briefly, without getting into a lot of detal, high thc, low cbd sativa strains are potentially seizure inducing, depending on the seizure disorder. CBN and CBD ae the active cannabanoids that help with seizures. Many sativas have little or no measurable amounts of these compounds. On another note people with certain qualifying ailments who may also have depression, indica may not be a good choice due to the sedative and lethargic effects Indica may have on people. Lots to discuss at the meeting!

I just want them to think it out throughly beforehand.  Privacy is a big thing for many and some drive hours just to remain "anonymous" to those in there area.  I know that has been voiced at our meetings several times.  It seems they have a good thing starting and some good "leaders", I would hate for them to lose attendees due to lack of privacy concerns.

agreed.

wholly and absolutely.

i personally would not feel comfortable being present knowing a compassion club meeting was being recorded for rebroadcast.

even if i was not on the video directly... it would influence my willingness to participate in any discussions.

one of the core and fundamental protections we as patients using cannabis to treat ourselves all hold dear to our hearts is anonymity.

that's not to say many of the lessons would not be well served being rebroadcast.... i think there's a definite value in the knowledge and the ability to spread or share it...

Most Plants are Hybrd   I don't think that there are too many full sativas  on the market today,, 

potentially seizure inducing   ,,, i disagree  

don't let Rick Jomes  grab that  

I will disagree  with this. Even hybrid strains can be a heavy sativa pheno type. I had a patient with a seizure disorder that absolutely could not use a strong sativa with low CBD count, this is also something that has been discussed by other patients with me.  The key with seizure disorder patients is to have a strain rich in CBD. The uplifting effects of High THC sativa without cbd to counter balance those effects are far from optimal for seizure disorder patients, and like I said have caused seizures to happen if too much is used.

Just a nugget for thought-

We have been involved in "informative forums" in other states where an audio only recording was made (with consent of the speaker of course, as well as intended use parameters) of the much needed information being presented. Talented club members then created a photographic presentation to coincide with the audio, using member generated or other legally available photos. Most speakers do not object to the audio, and attendees are told in advance what will take place. "YouTube" however, may not be the appropriate format. .....I dunno.

Seems a shame to have so much local research and "rubber-meets-the-road" experience available, there is a definite need for a non-competitive format to present the information. ...........and that's my 2 cents.

at our club here on the Northeastern side....

our club leader M and his wife G would make videos at home... and play them at the meetings.

they are funny, entertaining and most everybody enjoys watching the short informational clip's

they do cooking with cannabis, extracts, grow stuff...

at our club here on the Northeastern side....

our club leader M and his wife G would make videos at home... and play them at the meetings.

they are funny, entertaining and most everybody enjoys watching the short informational clip's

they do cooking with cannabis, extracts, grow stuff...

Now THAT'S a cool idea!

JUST ADDED!

We are so happy to announce that we will be having a special guest speaker at this Saturdays Club!!!!!

16 Year old Alysa Erwin (and her mother) will be here to speak about her experience as a BRAIN CANCER SURVIVOR. Alysa is a MMMP card holder (certified by her oncologist) and attributes her recovery to Simpson Oil. U of M medical center further documented her "hemp oil" use in her medical records, and this is great news! If you are riding the fence about coming, please decide to come and hear Alysa speak. 

Alysa is also trying to raise money to attend the 41st annual cancer survivors gathering in San Francisco, CA. We will be passing a hat for anyone who can help. No obligation, but if you can swing it, by all means please do so! Local area businesses and individuals have pledged support, and we cant thank all of them enough!

Big thanks for Hydro 411, Dr. Townsend, Mid-Michigan Graphics, John March, and Harry Los...you all made this possible!