August 3- Date Concentrates/edibles Become Illegal?

Dried medical marijuana can be legal. True medicinal marijuana - concentrates, illegal.

It hurts, and is shocking, but it is expected for the same reason marijuana was outlawed to begin with, big business. It interfered with big business, they got it out of their way. If he were still alive, just ask Henry Ford. The metal manufacturing companies made sure mj was banned. Now it is the pharmaceutical companies.

Why do you think hemp is still illegal? It may interfere with the metal manufacturers, plastic manufactures, and chemical companies. Can't have that now can we? Not to mention it could solve many food shortage problems. I don't think it will be long before home grows become illegal, like in other mmj states.

This is just corruption in my opinion. I guess it is game over for me.

Edit: If you want medicinal marijuana, you will have to go to the black market.

Edited by GrowGoddess

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dried medical marijuana can be legal. True medicinal marijuana - concentrates, illegal.

It hurts, and is shocking, but it is expected for the same reason marijuana was outlawed to begin with, big business. It interfered with big business, they got it out of their way. If he were still alive, just ask Henry Ford. The metal manufacturing companies made sure mj was banned. Now it is the pharmaceutical companies.

Why do you think hemp is still illegal? It may interfere with the metal manufacturers, plastic manufactures, and chemical companies. Can't have that now can we? Not to mention it could solve many food shortage problems. I don't think it will be long before home grows become illegal, like in other mmj states.

This is just corruption in my opinion. I guess it is game over for me.

Edit: If you want medicinal marijuana, you will have to go to the black market.

...or exercise your protections under the AD.

...or exercise your protections under the AD.

you puff so hard on that pipe where is the atty puffing as hard as you?  And who are u to give legal advice that, in the face of the lack of cases and lead attty's for a guy to call when the shiette hits the fan leaves, bear out your bleating on that 1 note...or are you the atty whose word everyone shud take? 

Edited by pic book

Greg Pays all the defense bills and the fines  LOL

At the risk of having this deleted because I have agreed not to promote what I am proposing on this site, but in the interest of accuracy in the face of hostile accusations, yes. I am quite willing to pay for defenses. The details cannot be posted here, but are at rollitup.

Edited by GregS

I am prohibited from giving details.

No you're not.  Where did you get that idea?  You are prohibited from telling everyone that Section 8 is a guaranteed defense in court as you keep insisting that it is.  You are free to discuss your ideas as long as they aren't a advertisement for a specific commercial interest.  Stop being obtuse and acting like you're being shut up here, because it's not true.  You have been reprimanded for two things: Insulting other posters and arguing with the staff after you were asked not to make the guaranteed Section 8 defense comments.  

No you're not.  Where did you get that idea?  You are prohibited from telling everyone that Section 8 is a guaranteed defense in court as you keep insisting that it is.  You are free to discuss your ideas as long as they aren't a advertisement for a specific commercial interest.  Stop being obtuse and acting like you're being shut up here, because it's not true.  You have been reprimanded for two things: Insulting other posters and arguing with the staff after you were asked not to make the guaranteed Section 8 defense comments.  

From Chad.

Next question.

There you go arguing again Greg.  This is why you were reprimanded in the past.  We have rules on this forum.  They are posted.  Every time you were reprimanded you received a warning first and chose to argue with the mod or admin that gave you that warning.  It's your attitude that gets you time-outs Greg, more than the things that you are saying.

Yes, I have asked GregS not to promote his new proposal on this site, as it just seems like more of the same. While I would personally love for it to be the Lansing Compassion Club, it does not seem that's the plan.

Hello Chad.

Nice to hear from you!  I hope all is well,

Ok there seems to be a problem with what some believe and what some dont believe!

Is there a possible way that we can keep this topic open and or move it some where as to not make it the regular fighting, insulting, personal, etc, Not saying a few things personal shouldnt disapear, but cant we let this one time it self out?

Obvious there are people interested in this subject who are against it, for it, and in the middle!

If 3ma let a few more threads stay up and running that were heated and had many sides talking, I say leave them up and running, If you dont have enough mods, get a few more volunteers who's main job is to cross out only personal insults and give mild warnings, and they cant speak in the threads, the mods not on the monitoring part can join in or stay in!

Let this thread stay open, put it with what every you want, Please.

Peace

Jim

We call that place rollitup Jim. I don't expect posting a direct link is possible for me.wall.gif

I will respect the management's wishes, and have no problem with that. While it would be welcome to have their cooperation, it is not necessary.

Edited by GregS

Here's a link to Greg's idea at roll it up since he thinks he can't post it:

http://www.rollitup.org/michigan-patients/694887-new-activist-funding-plan.html

This idea is not endorsed in any way by the MMMA, as it is very dangerous and could result in someone participating in getting arrested.  You may not be convicted, but you may still have to bail yourself out of jail, hire a lawyer, get your medicine and equipment seized and other consequences that come with these actions.  A court case is not to be taken lightly as many people's lives have been ruined by one small case.  Ask Bob and Kingpinn if you don't believe me.

We've had a problem in the past under old management of people following advice on this forum and getting arrested.  We are now very sensitive to that subject and feel that nobody should be able to present ideas that are dangerous as if they are safe.  If you are willing to rely on a Section 8 defense in court, you have a much smaller chance of being exonerated and a judge can rule that Section 8 doesn't even apply to your case.  It's at the whim of the judge, although you can make a costly appeal in some cases.

There are not only legal and financial ramifications, but human ones as well.  The health of many defendants deteriorates during the course of long trials.  Dragging sick people through the court system for an extended period of time is egregious and pathetic, but it still happens whether we think it is right or not.  

We cannot condone any actions that may put a patient into a situation where the possibility of these negative outcomes can happen to them.

Here's a link to Greg's idea at roll it up since he thinks he can't post it:

http://www.rollitup.org/michigan-patients/694887-new-activist-funding-plan.html

This idea is not endorsed in any way by the MMMA, as it is very dangerous and could result in someone participating in getting arrested.  You may not be convicted, but you may still have to bail yourself out of jail, hire a lawyer, get your medicine and equipment seized and other consequences that come with these actions.  A court case is not to be taken lightly as many people's lives have been ruined by one small case.  Ask Bob and Kingpinn if you don't believe me.

We've had a problem in the past under old management of people following advice on this forum and getting arrested.  We are now very sensitive to that subject and feel that nobody should be able to present ideas that are dangerous as if they are safe.  If you are willing to rely on a Section 8 defense in court, you have a much smaller chance of being exonerated and a judge can rule that Section 8 doesn't even apply to your case.  It's at the whim of the judge, although you can make a costly appeal in some cases.

There are not only legal and financial ramifications, but human ones as well.  The health of many defendants deteriorates during the course of long trials.  Dragging sick people through the court system for an extended period of time is egregious and pathetic, but it still happens whether we think it is right or not.  

We cannot condone any actions that may put a patient into a situation where the possibility of these negative outcomes can happen to them.

Very well written and I agree whole heartedly with your mmma statement!

Also Thanks for the link Now people can come to their own conclusions and or understanding, Im hoping it answers some of my questions in black and white!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

There you go arguing again Greg.  This is why you were reprimanded in the past.  We have rules on this forum.  They are posted.  Every time you were reprimanded you received a warning first and chose to argue with the mod or admin that gave you that warning.  It's your attitude that gets you time-outs Greg, more than the things that you are saying.

I believe he simply said back it up or you are lying....... And this would be cause for reprimand? What a joke....... As I have had to deal with many times in the past, some of you say I said this and that and when asked to prove it well you simply cannot. Now you act as if you will use your powers to stop someone for telling you to back it up? Man up and prove it or stop saying it. Pretty simple.

let me get this right, Dan Grow, John Targowski, Michael Komorn and Dan Korobkin (an employee attorney from the ACLU) would agree to this arrangement?

so it this where everyone kicks in X amount of dollars every year, and then if you are arrested you will have a kitty to pay attorney fees from?

I recall attempts at this type of arrangement before, but they were unsuccessful because there were not enough participants to even pay for one case going to the Court of Appeals, let alone the Supreme Court.  I hope you are more successful than others who have tried this....

I do not have arrangements with any of these guys, but with a treasury can offer to hire them. I can hardly imagine a good attorney turning down a case that has the elements of the AD as clearly spelled out as I would require. It depends on the management of the fund and the ability to sell the plan. I expect you, an insurance exec (correct me if I am wrong), would understand.  Thank you. I could not have said it better myself.

Your remark is understood in that adequate funding has not been forthcoming enough. I like to think that something different can be done that has enough buy in to provide that. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Edited by GregS

First Off, consider yourself corrected:  I am not, and never have been an Insurance Executive.  Utterly untrue.

Second, if you follow an insurance type of model, you would need a heck of alot of participants to be anything like an insurance pool.

It takes $50,000 for a typical CoA defense.  With 100 participants paying $300 in the first year you would have a total of $30,000.  It is alot of dough, but nowhere near enough to pay defense for the poor souls among the 100 who paid, who are arrested.  You could not afford a Supreme Court case even for one case.

Perhaps if you say in the first year you need 1000 people at $300 each, and you agree to not pay for anything until you have two years of premiums (so to speak) in the bank... just maybe you could make headway.

I will ask Dan Grow when I see him Sunday how he would like this type of arrangement.  I would guess he would prefer no middleman regarding fees, come between him and any potential client.

Just forget Korobkin, he does not do outside work and the ACLU vets every case...