Cancer

well how do you think you know you have leukemia ?

maybe its just heartburn from eating too much processed foods.

go see a doctor and get a second opinion too.

or move to a state where drinking RSO to protect against cancer is legal, like WA or CO (i dont know if RSO is legal in either state, read the laws first).

• 1 month later...

I've often thought that since Rick Simpsons oil is the most popular, with the most self reported results of any recipe, and that his own recipe uses Naptha with no scientific technique of removing the naptha, that it, or a synergistic working between cannabis, its extraction, and residual naptha may be the point. It seems with apoptosis being supported that cannabis constituents are well suited to prevention. If the causes of cancer aren't removed/corrected, I'm guessing a "cure" is unlikely.

There is great evidence of the actions of cannabis fighting some cancers, enough to convince me that we need proper extracts available to laboratories more than ever, to prove/disprove these findings.

Can't see the video with my mobile but can see it with my computer. I can see the other videos I posted. Let's try it again

I have helped two cancer patients become cancer free and I have never used naphtha. I have only used 99% isopropyl alcohol and am seriously considering switching to very expensive organic alcohol 190 proof or higher. 

I've supplied cancer patients also, some for nausea, some for pain relief, some because they were old time stoners and wanted the best. some went into remission, and still are, some died, some are using radiation, some not. without a clinical setting and real life clinical trials, with control groups, lab controlled cannabis extractions, tested, and exactly the same, I could never claim that the oil they received had anything to do with their disease, its remission, or current condition. I can say marijuana makes marijuana users feel better, no matter their condition or dis-ease. 

Rubbing alcohol is a cancer causing agent, as is naptha. Both are carcinogens, known to be toxic to living cells. Without proper lab equipment 100% of these cancerous solvents are not removed, nor can they be assured safe to use without those checks and balances, especially by an immune suppressed system.

The movie Medicine Man shows these ideals in a Hollywood way, but to the point. there is no way to know exactly what helped a patient, if we don't know exactly what was dosed. the medical community laughs at us when we chime in with these anecdotal cures for thought, as they are well aware of the myriad of quantifications involved in medical treatment, its efficacy, and quality controls.

It seems silly to me to begin to "cure" or even "treat"  a patient, with a carcinogenic solvent, and no way to guarantee its total removal, for their existing cancer. Most of us do not work in a lab, and often do this at home, a very dirty place to make medicine for an immune deficient patient, imo, when other safer, organic non toxic options exist.

I will keep on supplying disease victims until told not to though, as It does make them feel better. Whether its curing disease or not, is no matter for this lowly gardener to ponder. My job is to represent well, and grow exactly what my five patients want me to. I'll leave curing disease to the medically educated.

I am wondering why, after decades of legality, no other country has produced a cannabis "cure" for cancer, or have shown a reduction in their own country cancer rates.

keep up the good fight ! patients need you. please look into organic safe solvents for your craft, all will appreciate it.

peace

grassmatch, are you okay, do you have some form of mental disability, or are you in need of your medication?

I already put up a study for you on one of your other attacking me on oil threads showing that isopropyl alcohol does not contain cancer causing carcinogens. Can you put up any information proving your claims that it does?

Scientific studies you say? Well I have read over 100. Have you even tried looking for them? I am not going to do the work for you. All the studies indicate that different compounds in cannabis kill cancer cells without harming healthy cells, put cancer into remission, not to mention visibly reducing tumors.

Do you like the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Do you agree with what those do to people? Maybe you work for a big Pharma?

Why did you avoid organics? Referring to organic alcohol.

Why do you feel the need to repeat yourself? Are you stalking me?

Let us not forget, I mentioned before about your profile, I see you now have three pictures in your gallery.... oooooooo

Are you a newbie or are you somebody that has been terminated that had to log in as someone else?

Edit: I do apologize, but it is that time of the month for me.....

I just don't understand where you are coming from considering your comments on this thread and others.

Carcinogens? going by your name you are carcinogen man. I don't see where you are coming from. I do my best to avoid carcinogens, I do my best to avoid them. The oil I make, going by scientific data, contains no carcinogens. The only other way I recommend to consume marijuana and receive a high effect or buzz is by vaporizing. If you want to avoid carcinogens, you should start by quitting smoking. Put down that match!! I know it is not easy, but I did it and it has made a big difference in my life.

Here is one link to my non-carcinogen use of marijuana.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/#commentsStart

Edited by GrowGoddess

grassmatch, are you okay, do you have some form of mental disability, or are you in need of your medication?   Nope

I already put up a study for you on one of your other attacking me on oil threads showing that isopropyl alcohol does not contain cancer causing carcinogens. Can you put up any information proving your claims that it does?

Scientific studies you say? Well I have read over 100. Have you even tried looking for them? I am not going to do the work for you. All the studies indicate that different compounds in cannabis kill cancer cells without harming healthy cells, put cancer into remission, not to mention visibly reducing tumors. Never denied. But this is not the "laymen" show. A real live physician would laugh at one who claimed mixing rubbing alcohol with cannabis and evaporating it before consuming the extraction could cure a cancer.

I don't deny there are very interesting results with cannabis and some cancers. If this cured cancer we would have no more cancer. Amsterdam has cancer for thought, like every country with legalized cannabis.

Saying Cannabis Cures Cancer is like saying Bread Mold Cures infections. Sure the connections exist, but its not that easy. Beginning an extraction with a toxic industrial cleaner/sanitizer is NOT the way to a cancer cure, I assure you. The op has asked for my opinion, and the opinion of others. I've stated mine, and yours is well known. I'd like to hear others now.

Do you like the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Do you agree with what those do to people? Maybe you work for a big Pharma? no, yes, and no

Why did you avoid organics? Referring to organic alcohol.  I avoid organics ?

Why do you feel the need to repeat yourself? Are you stalking me? sometimes humans repeat themselves. nope, I don't stalk. This

thread is not yours, even if you do double post in it. I was specifically responding to the question asked of me by the op. Only ONE line, at the bottom of my post, separated for your recognition, speaks to you. It says "

keep up the good fight ! patients need you. please look into organic safe solvents for your craft, all will appreciate it.

peace"

Let us not forget, I mentioned before about your profile, I see you now have three pictures in your gallery.... oooooooo  Thanks for looking

Are you a newbie or are you somebody that has been terminated that had to log in as someone else? terminatedObviously a newbie

Edit: I do apologize, but it is that time of the month for me..... forum thanks you for the apology, and I thank you for your menses revelation. 

I just don't understand where you are coming from considering your comments on this thread and others. Its ok, we're all here for clarification, argument, and enlightenment. you may ask me to clarify everything I say at any time, in your own thread, for respect of the op.

Carcinogens? going by your name you are carcinogen man. I don't see where you are coming from. I do my best to avoid carcinogens, I do my best to avoid them. The oil I make, going by scientific data, contains no carcinogens. The only other way I recommend to consume marijuana and receive a high effect or buzz is by vaporizing. If you want to avoid carcinogens, you should start by quitting smoking. Put down that match!! I know it is not easy, but I did it and it has made a big difference in my life.

Here is one link to my non-carcinogen use of marijuana.  thank you for the link. I like what you've done with glycol, and the vape pens. very helpful. don't take an avatar so seriously, its a name. I have never been a member of this forum in the past, although I was aware of it.

I have consumed rubbing alcohol extractions, and fear nothing, for thought. I don't have cancer though, and my immune system is in top shape. Otherwise I would worry of the dangers of mold, industrial solvents, as pointed out here; methanol) can cause blindness, permanent disabling illness, or death when consumed. Isopropyl alcohol may also be partly metabolized to acetone, which is toxic to the liver, an upsetting fact when considering people in less than lab/sterile conditions are claiming to cure cancer using toxic solvents, without a rotational evaporation unit. counting on sniff tests, and spark tests to assure all alcohol is removed is subpar medical assistance imo. I could never in good conscience provide a basement medicine, from recipes found online, with NO clinical trials or medical proofs, with the promise of a cure for anything. I'm not a doctor, or a scientist, I don't have control groups, or a lab. I would consider this an injustice to our movement, and to the ill, to offer anything more than symptom relief.

keep up the good fight ! patients need you. please look into organic safe solvents , including spirits, for your craft, all will appreciate it.

peace

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/#commentsStart

Two most common industrial cleaners used in the production of "RSO" in basements across America, most often with no scientific way of assuring all of the solvent has been removed before consumption. meth labs, mescaline blenders, DMT makers, Crack producers, all use industrial cleaners, acids for their work, in their basements too.

the oldest most published form of safe extraction involves olive oil, and is edible, and actually did CURE many ailments. I wonder why Rick didn't start with the physician motto of "At first I will do no harm", and use food safe solvents for his extractions. Seems like the medical est may have afforded this more credibility, with an overwhelming leap towards safety. Instead he instructed people to soak cannabis in naptha, and rice cooker evaporate it, till it seems pure enough. I wish he would have bought a rotational evaporator, cheap in the big pic, and uber safe.

rubbing alcohol-Isopropyl alcohol and its metabolite, acetone, act as central nervous system (CNS) depressants. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption; therefore, well-ventilated areas and protective gloves are recommended. Around 15 g of isopropyl alcohol can have a toxic effect on a 70 kg human if left untreated.[18] However, it is not nearly as toxic as methanol or ethylene glycol. Isopropyl alcohol does not cause an anion gap acidosis (in which a lowered blood serum pH causes depletion of bicarbonate anion) unlike ethanol and methanol. Isopropyl alcohol does however, produce an osmolal gap between the calculated and measured osmolalities of serum, as do the other alcohols. Overdoses may cause a fruity odor on the breath as a result of its metabolism to acetone, which is further metabolized to produce the nutrients acetate and glucose.[19] Isopropyl alcohol is oxidized to form acetone by alcohol dehydrogenase in the liver.

naptha-Naphtha is the root of the word naphthalene. The second syllable of "naphtha" can also be recognised in phthalate.
Inhalation:
Inhalation may cause symptoms of intoxication and peripheral nerve disorders and central nervous system depression. Symptoms of overexposure include loss of appetite, muscle weakness, impairment of motor action, dizziness and drowsiness. May also cause throat irritation.
Ingestion:
Local irritation with burning sensation in mouth, esophagus, and stomach. Vomiting, blurred vision, and diarrhea may also occur. Cases of chemical pneumonia have been reported from ingestion of this substance. Nervous system disorders paralleling those from inhalation exposure may also occur.
Skin Contact:
May cause irritation. The liquid acts as a defatting agent on the skin.
Eye Contact:
Vapors may cause irritation. Splashes may cause redness and pain.
Chronic Exposure:
Prolonged overexposure may cause drying and cracking of the skin and associated dermatitis. No chronic systematic effects have been reported from widespread industrial use.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Persons with pre-existing skin disorders or eye problems, or impaired liver, kidney or respiratory function may be more susceptible to the effects of the substance.

I believe there is promising evidence that cannabis shrinks tumors.  I also believe that the product Rick Simpson is making  was made for thousands of years and called hash oil.  Simpson didn't invent anything, just named something that was around for a long time after himself.  I also know that several people that were "cured" in his video are now dead from cancer.

I think Rick Simpson is a charlatan, but I also believe there may be hope for cancer patients in the future with cannabis treatment. I would never, ever tell someone that they will be cured of cancer by cannabis.

Rick Simpson didn't discover cannabis oil but it appears that he revived Western interest in it as far as a healing medicine. 

Cannabis oil available in Michigan must be described as crude from a pharmaceutical perspective but frankly, it is all we have.  The question isn't, 'are there contaminants', but more 'do the benefits of using the crude version of this medicine outweigh the risks' ?  For many, the answer is that in spite of the residual contaminants, it is worth trying.  There isn't a better option available to many.  Long term health effects that may appear years down the road are of little concern to the person that has been told they will be dead in months.

Cannabis was medicine and it successfully treated a wide variety of health problems before the actual mechanism of how it worked was well understood.  Then, it was outlawed and research essentially stopped for many, many years.  In some countries research eventually was restarted but compared to many of today's medicinal compounds, cannabis research has just begun to scratch the surface.

To me, it is like another door has just recently been found into animal cells.  What can be done as far as delivering medicines or altering cell behavior now that another pathway has been found?  I surely don't know but I can see that there are tremendous possibilities.  To me, it seems that cannabinoid use will explode into the world of pharmaceuticals and I think cannabis based cancer treatments will be revolutionary.

agreed, 100%.

I know of people who only prayed to get their remission, and some who only changed their diet. But neither could be called a cure.

I also noted that RS first used his oil as a topical with great results, ones I can attest to personally. The ancient oils used this way for centuries

also proved to be an effective treatment for skin lesions. 

I believe the hearts of people are in the right place, but the heads...well.... I saw this article that offers some scientific explanation of controlled studies, lab results, etc. its long winded, but worth it. The fact that the same plant grown in the same room next to a clonal copy will not be identical in compounds, therefore how would we know exactly what is happening?  If prayer alone can work,, did the oil users pray too? when the oil stops bubbling, this does not mean that 100% of the toxic solvent is gone, so maybe its the residuals causing effects in a "controlled study"  "All constituents must first be identified, then isolated, then controlled for real data."

I've always wondered what other compounds were being added by Rick Simpson, maybe unknowingly. I noticed a painted non food safe "plastic bucket" he uses, recycled, full of pthalates, and other residuals from the plastic, or even the scrap wood stick he picked up in his greenhouse to mix his solution?  These are a far cry from lab protocol, and would not be taken seriously by anyone in the medical field, as anything but anecdotal evidence scraped from 1970 era Trash to Stash type hippie manuals, meant to a assist a broke person in using all of their useless vegetable matter, to get high.

Medical Marijuana: A Note of Caution on Hemp Oil Curing Cancer

There has been a lot of buzz about cannabis as a possible cure for cancer.   A video claims to show an instance of a patient whose skin cancer was cured by application of Rick Simpson's widely touted hemp oil. Similar  claims  were made in a recent press release by the pharmaceutical company Cannabis Science, causing its stock price to soar.

Patients should beware:  one case does not a cancer cure make.   Innumerable promising cancer drugs have been found ineffective despite promising initial  results.  The history of medical quackery is littered with  bogus claims of cancer cures backed by anecdotal testimonials like those in the YouTube video.

Renowned expert Dr. Lester Grinspoon is quoted out of context in the YouTube video praising the medical value of marijuana.   In reality, Dr. Grinspoon is critical of the premature claims being made about marijuana as a cancer cure. He worries that they can lead to tragic results if patients take them too seriously and abandon conventional therapy.    Cancer patients are strongly advised NOT to use cannabis as a substitute for conventional treatment.  To be sure, cannabis is safe enough that it might well be used as a supplementary therapy.  Unfortunately, however, we already know of patients who have  died after forsaking conventional therapy for cannabis.

Below is an article by Dr. Grinspoon on this subject

Like everyone else who has been working over decades to ensure that marijuana, with all that it has to offer, is allowed to take its proper place in our lives, I have been heartened by the rapidly growing pace at which it is gaining understanding as a safe and versatile medicine.  In addition to the relief it offers to so many patients with a large array of symptoms and syndromes (almost invariably at less cost, both in toxicity and money than the conventional drugs it replaces), it is providing those patients, their caregivers, and the people who are close to them an opportunity to see for themselves how useful and unthreatening its use is.  It has been a long and difficult sell, but I think it is now generally believed (except by the United States government) that herbal marijuana as a medicine is here to stay.  The evidence which underpins this status as a medicine is, unlike that of almost all other modern medicines, anecdotal.  Ever since the mid-1960s new medicines have been officially approved through large, carefully controlled double-blind studies, the same path that marijuana might have followed had it not been placed in Schedule 1 of the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 which has made it impossible to do the kind of studies demanded for approval by the Food and Drug Administration.  Anecdotal evidence commands much less attention than it once did, yet it is the source of much of our knowledge of synthetic medicines as well as plant derivatives.  Controlled experiments were not needed to recognize the therapeutic potential of chloral hydrate, barbiturates, aspirin, curare, insulin, or penicillin.  And there are many more recent examples of the value of anecdotal evidence.  It was in this way that the use of propranolol for angina and hypertension, of diazepam for status epilepticus (a state of continuous seizure activity), and of imipramine for childhood enuresis (bed-wetting) was discovered, although these drugs were originally approved by regulators for other purposes.

Today, advice on the use of marijuana to treat a particular sign or symptom, whether provided or not by a physician, is based almost entirely on anecdotal evidence.  For example, let's consider the case of a patient who has an established diagnosis of Crohn's disease but gets little or no relief from conventional medicines (or even occasional surgery) and suffers from severe cramps, diarrhea and loss of weight.  His cannabis-savvy physician, one who is aware of compelling anecdotal literature suggesting that it is quite useful in this syndrome, would not hesitate to recommend to this patient that he try using marijuana. He might say, "Look, I can't be certain that this will help you, but there is now considerable experience that marijuana has been very useful in treating the symptoms of this disorder, and if you use it properly, it will not hurt you one bit; so I would suggest you give it a try and if it works, great -- -- if it does not, it will not have harmed you."  If this advice is followed and it works for this patient, he will report back that, indeed, his use of the drug has eliminated the symptoms and he is now regaining his weight; or that it doesn't work for him but he is no better or worse off than he was before he had a trial of marijuana. Particularly in states which have accommodated the use of marijuana as a medicine, this kind of exchange is not uncommon. Because the use of cannabis as a medicine is so benign, relative to most of the conventional medicines it competes with, knowledgeable physicians are less hesitant to recommend a trial.

One of the problems of accepting a medicine, particularly one whose  toxicity profile is lower than most over-the-counter medicines, on the basis of anecdotal evidence alone is that it runs the risk of being over- sold.  For example, it is presently being recommended for many types of pain, some of which are not responsive to its analgesic properties.  Nonetheless, in this instance, a failed trial of marijuana is not a serious problem; and at the very least both patient and physician learn that the least toxic analgesic available doesn't work for this patient with this type of pain.  Unfortunately, this kind of trial is not always benign.

In the January issue of High Times Steve Hager published an article, "Rick Simpson's Hemp-Oil Medicine" in which he extols the cancer-curing virtues of a concentrated form of marijuana which a Canadian man developed as "hemp-oil".  Unfortunately, the anecdotal evidence on which the cancer-curing capacity is based is unconvincing; and because it is unconvincing, it raises a serious moral issue.

Simpson, who does not have a medical or scientific education (he dropped out of school in ninth grade), apparently does not require that a candidate for his treatment have an established diagnosis of a specific type of cancer, usually achieved through biopsy, gross and histopathological examinations, radiologic and clinical laboratory evidence.  He apparently accepts the word of his "patients".  Furthermore, after he has given the course of "hemp-oil" there is apparently no clinical or laboratory follow-up; he apparently accepts the "patient's" belief that he has been cured.  According to Hager, he claims a cure rate of 70%.  But 70% of what?  Do all the people he "treats" with hemp oil medicine have medically established, well-documented cancer or is he treating the symptoms or a constellation of symptoms that he or the patient have concluded signify the existence of cancer?  And what is the nature and duration of the follow-up which would allow him to conclude that he has cured 70%?  Furthermore, does this population of "patients with cancer" include those who have already had therapeutic regimes (such as surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy) which are known to be successful in curing some cancers or holding at bay, sometimes for long periods of time, many others?

There are patients who have a medically sound diagnosis of pre-symptomatic cancer (such as early prostate cancer) but who, for one reason or another, eschew allopathic treatment and desperately seek out other approaches.  Such patients are all too eager to believe that a new treatment, such as hemp-oil medicine, has cured their cancer.  Unfortunately, this cancer which was asymptomatic at the time of its discovery, will eventually become symptomatic and at that time the possibility of a cure is significantly diminished, if not no longer a conceivable goal.

This lesson was brought home to me when I was asked by the American Cancer Society during a period early in my medical career when I was doing cancer research to participate in an investigation of a man in Texas who claimed that a particular herb that his grandfather discovered would cure cancer.  I was able to locate two women who had well documented diagnoses of early (asymptomatic) cervical cancer who had decided not to have surgery but instead went to Texas and took the "medicine".  When I first met them some months after each had taken the "cure" they were certain that they were now cancer free.  With much effort, I was able to persuade them to have our surgical unit perform new biopsies, both of which revealed advancement in the pathological process over their initial biopsies.  Both were then persuaded to have the surgery they had previously feared, and there is no doubt that this resulted in saving their lives.

There is little doubt that cannabis now may play some non-curative roles in the treatment of this disease (or diseases) because it is often useful to cancer patients who suffer from nausea, anorexia depression, anxiety, pain, and insomnia.  However, while there is growing evidence from animal studies that it may shrink tumor cells and cause other promising salutary effects in some cancers, there is no present evidence that it cures any of the many different types of cancer.  I think the day will come when it or some cannabinoid derivatives will be demonstrated to have cancer curative powers, but in the meantime, we must be very cautious about what we promise these patients.

I believe there is promising evidence that cannabis shrinks tumors.  I also believe that the product Rick Simpson is making  was made for thousands of years and called hash oil.  Simpson didn't invent anything, just named something that was around for a long time after himself.  I also know that several people that were "cured" in his video are now dead from cancer.

I think Rick Simpson is a charlatan, but I also believe there may be hope for cancer patients in the future with cannabis treatment. I would never, ever tell someone that they will be cured of cancer by cannabis.

great news grassmatch, you have confirmed it for me. the isopropyl is 100% safe in the manner I use it. your link shows that 15 grams of isopropyl alcohol is what is considered toxic. taking my oil twice per day for the rest of my life, assuming I live to 100, i would not even reach the 15 grams of iso ingestion. Not possible.

I am switching to organic anyway. As for your recapture system, that would be great and all, but there is a big problem with it. To fully produce oil in a recapturing rig the oil would be degraded drastically to where I would no longer consider the end product medicinal. I do not have the time nor the patience to explain why and how to you.

celliach: placebos again? is that what you use to treat your ailments? sure seems that way, you speak of placebos so often. With my first cancer patient, you would have thought that the years, 10 years to be exact, of chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplants, etc., probably some placebo treatments in there too, which were all failures. 6 months of cannabis oil treatments, cancer free, going on three years now! If you don't believe me, ask him yourself. I am sure he would be more than happy to show all of the paperwork that proves it. Stonecrowe316

Prayer can cure 1 in 4 too..... in this case, I cannot deny that prayer had a lot to do with it. He did pray for a miracle, and God delivered.

Are these the types of studies that are being referred to that you need to see? Especially the fraudulent ones from the chemotherapy manufacturers. Are you sure you want to put your trust in those who are making millions off the sick, if not billions?

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/04/21/cancer-industry-exposed-as-fraud-the-science-is-false/

I am just curious, I realize that using isopropyl alcohol, or any other solvent can be dangerous, but heck, drinking too much water at one time can be toxic too. Too much of anything can be toxic and kill.

I just wonder why so many put forth so much effort in knocking down potential positive cancer prevention or cures but I have not heard of any of you putting forth any effort into speaking directly with the patients who are claiming tumor shrinkage and some complete irradiation of tumors? Anyone?

stonecrowe316 has been a part of the MMMP community since the beginning. We met at a compassion club. Has anyone attempted to speak with him directly regarding his experience? I suppose it is more important to wrongfully judge things that you know little about.

here stonecrowe316 with a quick testimony. He has never mentioned any side effects that you mention above grassmatch. So are you saying he should not have accepted the free oil offer as an alternative to all the treatments he had already gone through and failed? Ever since taking the oil, stonecrowe316 has been enjoying his life with his family again. Before the oil treatment, he was spending 4 months per year, usually during the holidays, in the hospital getting yet another treatment that failed. Making him sick, nauseous, pretty much dying. 

Please, please, please, talk to him before casting any more judgement.

no judgment here lady, keep up the good work.

no need to explain chemistry, polarity, or solvent recapture to you I see. but a rotational evaporator and or a tamisium is the standard for this type of work, look at the only grower making concentrate legally for big pharma. The tamisium will recapture 100% of solvent used with a temperature never rising over 110, assuming targeted polarity and correct solvents for this purpose is used. Obviously water would require a higher temp to recapture.

Water has a polarity index of 9, iso is 3.9, and the active compounds used in medical evaluations of cannabis have a polarity index of 0, like nbutane,C4H10, Heptane, Hexane, or Pentane, the next three solvents down the sovent polarity list from nbutane. You see Iso is closer to the polarity index of water than the polarity index of our active compounds and is extracting many water soluble constituents. For proper botanical/medical extractions the polarity of the constituents must match, in the case of cannabis this is o polarity as the match to the oils we are extracting.

the 6 areas of  parameter control in the concentrate lab are;

Quality of the product

Density of the grinding/milling of the product

Temperature of the pproduct

Pressure of the system must be the same and controllable from 0 psi-++.Even creating a vacuum can affect product quality.

Time the solvent is in contact with the component being extracted from the plant material

Polarity of the solvent must be identically matched to the active compounds in the plant material.

Americans for Safe Access, a medical marijuana advocacy group, stated in its website article "Research: Definitions and Explanations" (accessed Dec. 7, 2006):

"...[T]here are 483 different identifiable chemical constituents known to exist in cannabis. The most distinctive and specific class of compounds are the cannabinoids (66 known), that are only known to exist in the cannabis plant,

Other constituents of the cannabis plant are: nitrogenous compounds (27 known), amino acids (18), proteins (3), glycoproteins (6), enzymes (2), sugars and related compounds (34), hydrocarbons (50), simple alcohols (7), aldehydes (13), ketones (13), simple acids (21), fatty acids (22), simple esters (12), lactones (1), steroids (11), terpenes (120), non-cannabinoid phenols (25), flavonoids (21), vitamins (1) [Vitamin A], pigments (2), and elements (9).

The very most of these compounds are found in other plants and animals and are not of pharmacological relevance with regard to the effects exerted by cannabis preparations."

However, who wants those water solubles in their medicine anyways, the ones that iso extracts ?  Some may enjoy the effects of ketones in their edible or smoked concentrates, or the sugars, hydrocarbons, aldehydes, acids, esters, steroids, I know that I do, when I make my  crude hashish with 99% iso. helps remind me that even vaporizing this mixture is not as healthy as it could be, if done with a polarity matching food grade organic solvent instead.

If what you're doing is curing cancer you really have the responsibility to get our info to a laboratory, where they can quantify your results, and see exactly what is happening. So far, even in all the countries where cannabis is legal, it is not "curing " cancer, but does definitely offer relief of symptoms, a fact nobody denies, not even our own gov.

This is a public forum and spouting off about curing cancer with anecdotal evidence is probably not what the medical profession, or our own admin want to see. There are many hurdles to overcome before we can even legally say cure. Remember, Cannabis is curing cancer just like bread mold is curing infection. keep it real right now, more important than ever

All I am getting is hot air from you grassmatch. This is not my first rodeo either. There is a difference between experience and hot air. Please show me your extractions. I would be very interested to see your oils and processes. All of my oil pictures, there was no winterizing, no extra filtering, no BS. Let's get something else clear. There is no water soluble components in my oil. I have been able to provide pictures and include some real life experience including patient testimonies. It is the patients who testify that the cannabis oil cured their cancers. So are you saying that I should hide this information from others? If that is what this community wants, then if requested by the Admin, I will be more than happy to remove all information I have ever posted on the subject. So far, no admin has ever asked me to stop posting my information. Who are you to judge?

Here is what water soluble red oil is. This was extracted from the dried waste material after making RSO.

03 31 2011004

DSCF5570

You speak of my products and information as if you have sampled  them and experienced them. What works for one does not always work for another. Everything you have said in regards to my products has been by speculation.

It is you that keeps asking me to break the law and conduct illegal experiments by sending in my product and information to labs. Can you please stop asking me to do so?

Is this a feminist thing? Are you jealous or is it simply envious?

It seems that I cannot post anything without you stalking me and taking pokes at me. Whether or not cannabis cures cancer or not. It has been proven scientifically to provide relief for cancer patients and much more.

Again, it is not me saying that cannabis oil "cures" cancer. It is the patients who attest to it.

Cancer is becoming unavoidable on the entire planet now. We live in a very toxic environment. If you truly want to protect yourself from ever getting cancer. There are two options that I am aware of. Build a time machine and go into the past before modern man or build a spaceship and fly yourself to a clean, untainted planet. The odds of men getting cancer today is 1:2 for women it is 1:3. It used to be 1:100.

I am so sorry, I didn't speak of your product at all, but of science. sorry you are taking the feminist route (?)  I'll choose no further comments to your endeavor, I am sorry, once again for the "off to a bad start caused by me. Please continue providing the positive experience you've reported on. We need more passionate and effective caregivers like yourself.

good day, happy growing

MUCH Respect and LOVE to ALL Perpetuators of Cannabis as Medicine, as well as EVERYONE participating in this conversation in helping those UNDERinformed!

Please Consider.....  EVERY aspect of Cannabis has Healing Effects... With that said... 

I BELIEVE that ALL Extraction Processes EXTRACT SOME, but not ALL of Cannabis's POTENTIAL!  Plus, MOST extractions have a Degree of Danger!

Solution....?  Eat the Whole Plant Leaves and Buds!(-stems and roots) 

I ALSO BELIEVE that there are Specifics Benefits in Raw (THCa and CB*'a's) AND Decarboxylated (THC and CB*'s) Cannabis, so mixing Raw and Decarbed Cannabis together COULD provide MAX Benefits!

Please dont get me wrong, I LOVE OILS, and DO make them occasionally.  But MY MAIN Source of MedS is Cannabis Flour, and Dry Ice Hash.

Below is copy and pasted from another site to share this WONDERFUL Process!  Good Luck!

When PMC and I were doing the BubblePonicsTV stuff, we did a segment on making Canna Caps from Budz, and he called them "MedScientist's Super Potent CannaCaps". As my tolerance goes up and I Tweak my process, I have been rolling the name along. I am currently on "MedScientist's Super Duper Potent Dry Ice HashCaps"!

Here is the Recipe....

MedScientist's Super Potent CannaCaps

Ingredients

Primo Budz
OO empty Gelatin Caps

Directions

PreHeat Oven to 240 degrees F
Bake Primo Budz for 60 minutes (covered container (or aluminum foil)) This is called Decarboxylation.
Grind Decarb'ed Primo Budz into Canna Flour
Fill 00 Gelatin Caps
ENJOY!

MedScientist's Super Duper Potent Dry Ice HashCaps

Ingredients

Primo Dry Ice Hash
OO empty Gelatin Caps

Directions

**** same as above, substitute Primo Dry Ice Hash for Primo Budz ****

Grow Goddess,there are no balls on this site,just a bunch of whiney little dicked men that complain to their mods because they lack spines.They can't take a woman being right. And that goes for the other "women" on this site that "befriend" you and report right back to the Fuerher. You know who you are.

For what it's worth, benzene, as is alcohol, as is butane, and as is naptha, is an organic chemical. Many poisonous substances are. To buy into the notion that organic is better, without further qualification. can be a mistake. Think turpentine, derived entirely from wood, which is serious poison.

Edited by GregS

I don't understand why hashish is not the preferred method. Mechanical, rather than chemical, extraction, takes chemical risk entirely out of the issue and safety in its preparation is totally risk free unless you manage to get your finger caught in an electric mixer when you make bubble hash. It can be mixed with any oil, animal or vegetable, and used in a number of ways. To use a small amount of canola oil to get to the consistency of simpson oil is verry simple, as is dilution in a light vegetable oil, like grapeseed, to be used topically. Coconut oil could not be more benign. I think the hype over chemical extracts is overblown.

Arguments that kitchens are not appropriate places to prepare the stuff are superfluous. The stuff is a garden herb, and using it in meal preparation or as a home remedy is entirely appropriate. In fact, I think it would be better to consider labeling it as a medicinal home remedy rather than a heavy duty drug that needs to be regulated.

Edited by GregS

I don't understand why hashish is not the preferred method. Mechanical, rather than chemical, extraction, takes the risk entirely out of the issue. It can be mixed with any oil, animal or vegetable, and used in a number of ways. To use a small amount of canola oil to get to the necessary consistency of simpson oil is verry simple. I think the hype over chemical extracts is overblown.

i will add it's also illegal here in Michigan

i will add it's also illegal here in Michigan

That will be determined by the MSC. It is not a chemical extraction. Particulate leaf and flower tissue remains, along with resin in particulate. It is certainly a preparation of the leaves and flowers. In point of fact, and again, resin is a constituent part of the leaves and flowers and must be considered a medicinal preparation thereof. regardless the extraction method. The court would be remiss in not considering that.

Edited by GregS