Questions About Mailings From The State

Hello all, this is my first post to the site. I have been lurking as I go through the process but have been unable to find answers to some specific questions.

I am 34 and just recently was approved from a medical professional for my card. I am about to send in the paperwork to the State but have some questions.

I am in the process of buying a home. While this all gets finalized I am living with my parents. I am not really interested in them being aware of my certification and until I actually sign the papers on my new home, my only mailing address is my parents. I believe a postcard is mailed once you have had your check cashed and then you physical card gets mail in a few months once it's processed. Are any of these mailings clearly labeled that they are from the MMMR? I don't want to purchase a PO Box for the time it may take for everything to process, but I also don't really want these mailings coming to my current address if it is clear where they are from and what they are for.

Any information the members of this site can provide would be extremely helpful.

Get a P.O. box and have your return reciept from USPS sent there + your card or any further communications from LARA

can be sent to P.O. Box.

Best of luck in your new home and welcome to the family :)

Edit to add:

Question:
What do I do if the address on my photo ID does not match the mailing address
provided on the application?
Answer:
The MMP does not require the address on the photo ID to match the address included on the
application, provided it is a correct mailing address located in Michigan.
Edited by imiubu

Get a P.O. box and have your return reciept from USPS sent there + your card or any further communications from LARA

can be sent to P.O. Box.

Best of luck in your new home and welcome to the family :)

Edit to add:

Question:
What do I do if the address on my photo ID does not match the mailing address
provided on the application?
Answer:
The MMP does not require the address on the photo ID to match the address included on the
application, provided it is a correct mailing address located in Michigan.

This is accurate, your License and grow spot do not have to be one in the same.  I know of a few people that have a residence where they llive at and another where they have bought a rental fixed it up and either grow in it or have friends or family parked in the actual grow house.  Just be sure that if they are dual a dual grow that the rooms are clearly locked and labeled to the person who it is lined up to be.

co-mingling can be a no-no.

Stay Lifted.!!

I am just going to get a PO Box. Thanks for the info everyone. I assume I will need to update my mailing address with the state once I have my new home?

I don't plan on growing myself so that won't be an issue.

The clinic told me the cards are coming quicker than they have been in the past. Anyone have a first hand experience as to how long it may take for me to get the card? Just trying to figure out how long I may need to keep the PO Box for.

its your duty to inform your parents so they vote for legalization.

i think the only thing on the letter is LARA. but that was last year.

dont know what this years letter looks like yet...

tell em you're waiting for your voter id card.

I agree t-pain ..YES it is your duty to inform everyone that you are a MED MJ card holder and that they should vote for FULL BLOWN OUTRIGHT LEGALIZATION so this madness ceases.

I am just going to get a PO Box. Thanks for the info everyone. I assume I will need to update my mailing address with the state once I have my new home?

I don't plan on growing myself so that won't be an issue.

The clinic told me the cards are coming quicker than they have been in the past. Anyone have a first hand experience as to how long it may take for me to get the card? Just trying to figure out how long I may need to keep the PO Box for.

You are welcome.

I recieved my card in 30 calendar days but, mine is a renewal.

You will not receive a notification card when the check is cashed. The notification card you will receive will be the little green card that shows proof of delivery because you should send it certified mailing with a return receipt of delivery. If you do not send it certified then you will not get any notification that they received it. Keep copies of all paperwork and the return receipt. They will serve as your card, 21 business days after they receive your application, until you receive your MMJ card.

If you get a post office box you will not have to change your address with the state unless you let the post office box go. If you let the po box go and want to change to your new house then just send a change form for change of address and 10 dollars then you will be all set. Good luck and good health.

I also agree on educating everyone you can about the benefits of this medicine.

Edited by ozzrokk

Thanks ozzrokk!

I got a PO Box and sent everything certified today.

Although I'm not really looking to inform my family of my treatment, they are supporters of the initiative and have voted for it. My next step is to convince my 84 year old grandmother who suffers from chronic back pain to get her card. She has been on Vicodin and Oxy's for years and recently was taken off the Oxy for various reasons. I believe MM would be a much safer and effective treatment for her issues. My only hurdle is changing her preconceived notions of what marijuana is and how it can help her. She is still of the "Reefer Madness" mindset.    

I had been waiting and waiting for my renewalcar. Finally after 7 weeks iI called to see what was up.

Apparently it had been mailed two weeks ago, ummm I didn't get it.

The lady at LARA put me on hold ,when she came back to the phone she told me it hadn't been sent back either.

I was told they would re issue it .

My concern is the postman has put my mail in someone else's mailbox, now someone knows I'm a patient.

I've had people tell me I was sent mail I never got.

I've also had other peoples mail put in my box.

Smh

LARA has 15 business days to send you a denial if you are denied for some reason (generally being that paper work is incomplete or filled

out incorrectly).  On the 21st. (I go by business days) day after LARA recieves your application, if you have not recieved a denial... you

are legal.

I had been waiting and waiting for my renewalcar. Finally after 7 weeks iI called to see what was up.

The lady at LARA put me on hold ,when she came back to the phone she told me it hadn't been sent back either.

My concern is the postman has put my mail in someone else's mailbox, now someone knows I'm a patient.

Smh

How disheartening.

I hope you recieve your plastic soon. :)

Smh

I didnt realize that my mailman delivered in your area too............LOL..........

• 2 weeks later...