City Of Garden City - Public Hearing On Illegal Transport 750.474

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Garden City Council will hold a Public Hearing at
the Civic Center, 6000 Middlebelt Road, Garden City, Michigan on Monday, December 16,
2013 at 6:58 pm.

regarding the proposed ordinance amendment below.
ORDINANCE NO: __________________
ILLEGAL TRANSPORT OF MARIJUANA ORDINANCE
AN ORDINANCE PROHIBITING THE ILLEGAL TRANSPORT OF MARIJUANA

City hereby adopts by reference MCL 750.474 prohibiting the illegal transport of
Marijuana.

http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20131128/LEGALS08/131126007/

Makes no sense and is a waste of time lets create a ordinance that already exists!

The  only thing I can think of that would motivate them to do this that they will try to circumvent the medical marijuana card protections because even the current transport law can be thrown out in court because of its conflicting nature with the medical marijuana act of 2008.

they are making a city ordinance so that the city would get the $500 fine.

if its prosecuted under a state law, the state gets that $500 fine...

i believe 750.474 conflicts and thus does not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided by the MMMA.

this is not legal advice.

And i agree the city just wants to make sure they get the  $$$ and the sad thing is most people will just give it up because they no a Lawyer will cost much more

Makes no sense and is a waste of time lets create a ordinance that already exists!

The  only thing I can think of that would motivate them to do this that they will try to circumvent the medical marijuana card protections because even the current transport law can be thrown out in court because of its conflicting nature with the medical marijuana act of 2008.

Sorry KD the card won't help without a Lawyer standing beside you

Bob nowhere do I say going to court without a lawyer I said this ordinance is in conflict with the MMMA  and is something that wont stand in anything but a Kangaroo court .

I understand you KD and i am sorry i didn't mean you per say and i also know that i only speak for Oakland County 

i guess the point i tried to make was it would be cheeper to pay the ticket then to pay a Lawyer