Real Estate?

I'm no real estate agent, and have only second hand knowledge from a disclosure form I would have had to sign if  I purchased said property. It stated that a room was used to grow, and was evident and acceptable, indemnify, blah, blah. There was small print in the section with law,rules,epa, real estate agent, blah, blah. could have been made up by the agents themselves?  maybe, doubt it though. I have heard rumble of insurance inspections of homes are taking place, but not necessarily caring about grows, until they do, when they see funny biz in the grow room, like fire, mold, water, humidity issues capable of lessening the value of your home. no inspections here yet, and I grow separate from my home, whew!

It is the "blah, blah" that I'm interested in.  The devil is in the details.  If I were to list a house for sale, what does "blah, blah" include? 

"Blah blah" doesn't help much.

What is the specific advice to the buyer/seller of a former grow house?   

at the time I was a potential buyer, and didn't intend to grow at the time, so only saw "blah blah"  As I understand as a seller you are required to disclose facts about using a part of the home for growing marijuana. I do not no any details, but a realtor would. I could even be wrong about it, maybe this particular agent made it all up on his own....sorry, that's all I got.

It is the "blah, blah" that I'm interested in.  The devil is in the details.  If I were to list a house for sale, what does "blah, blah" include? 

"Blah blah" doesn't help much.

What is the specific advice to the buyer/seller of a former grow house?   

T-pain I figured there would be some legalities that may come up. I really wasn't planning on promoting myself as the marijuana guy lol but figured there are probably plenty of people that may want a certain type of home, location, interior layout etc that may be of use to a legal patient

Hi tooldini long time no here!

I would try and find acerage, it doesnt have to be alot, but it should have a nice area for an out door grow w/o neighbors able to see it with their eyes, like 10 acre plots, with pine trees that can be sold in the middle, if you have red pine you can get some one to pay you to cut the trees and usualy even take the branches out, (but that dont matter) If I was in realestate I think Id try to do the acerage thing, and alot usualy comes with that, ponds, nice homes, or no homes, room for big pole barnes,

Im thinking alot more people are going to try and get a good summer grow going, its almost free and most def the plants get alot bigger out doors!

Just my 2 cents!

Peace and good luck!

at the time I was a potential buyer, and didn't intend to grow at the time, so only saw "blah blah"  As I understand as a seller you are required to disclose facts about using a part of the home for growing marijuana. I do not no any details, but a realtor would. I could even be wrong about it, maybe this particular agent made it all up on his own....sorry, that's all I got.

This is the part I'm hoping to find definitive information on.  Is the issue related to past use to grow MJ?  Or just past use for an indoor garden of any sort.  I just don't see why there would be any difference between a house used to grow MJ in the past vs., say basil and thyme.  Your experience will be helpful here.

Phaguetoo I have not been on as much lately but out of work now and trying a new thing with real estate so I am taking notes of your great ideas and all that have been posted. I think your right on acerage and outside grows now that they are legal there will probably be many more doing that. It is sad many people feel they can not be open about there use of a great plant. So I think there is a place for someone that they can talk to in there decision making

Highlander there would really be no difference in my opinion it just a matter of the plant that was grown. Nothing else should really matter

I have listed houses for sale before and was asked to provide disclosures regarding roof leaks, basement leaks, lead paint, asbestos, underground fuel tanks, etc.  But I never saw anything related to indoor growing.  Is this a new disclosure requirement?  Does the guy who starts his veggie garden in March under a 400watt metal halide have the same obligation to disclose past growing operations as the guy who grew 12+ MJ plants?

I just want to know what the specific disclosure requirements are.  My own experience and my own web research don't show any such requirements for the MJ grower or the guy who starts his veggie garden indoors? 

So what exactly are the disclosure requirements?

I think if you had a list of people looking for good grow homes, then that would be a nice niche to advertise.  Even here.  You say "I have 12 buyers ready to purchase a home set up for or suitable for growing."    So, rather than list a "grow house" for sale, you focus on identifying the buyer first...then help him find a suitable home.  You get the commission either way  :)