Real Estate?

I have a question that someone may be able to help me with. I will be a licensed real estate agent in about 1 month and wondered how many people actually look for a home specifically involving the growing and use of medical marijuana. I was thinking that this could be a niche market for me. Any thoughts on this?

excellent niche !  I bet Colorado would be a nice place to have ready to go grow rooms within a home?  High Times classifieds lists dozens all over the country, with snappy descriptions of their sometimes hidden grow rooms, greenhouses etc.

I've run into some grow houses(obvious ones for sale) and know that grow disclosure  is supposed to be made when selling  one. The whole mold thing is a signature form now, like a leaky roof, or flooding basement in the home for sale. I'm not real sure why folks would leave their ductwork and hoses behind but guessing they were rentals, with unhappy landlords now.

Go get em, I wish you luck in the industry, it seems to be picking up quickly.

excellent niche !  I bet Colorado would be a nice place to have ready to go grow rooms within a home?  High Times classifieds lists dozens all over the country, with snappy descriptions of their sometimes hidden grow rooms, greenhouses etc.

I've run into some grow houses(obvious ones for sale) and know that grow disclosure  is supposed to be made when selling  one. The whole mold thing is a signature form now, like a leaky roof, or flooding basement in the home for sale. I'm not real sure why folks would leave their ductwork and hoses behind but guessing they were rentals, with unhappy landlords now.

Go get em, I wish you luck in the industry, it seems to be picking up quickly.

Can you expound on this?  What are the official legal requirements for disclosing a current/former house where MMJ was grown?

Edited by Highlander

@tooldini , just remember that the feds have laws against shops or services that promote or aid illegal activities.

its the reason why smoke shops sell "tobacco water pipes" and grow stores refrain from using the word "marihuana".

just something to think about (and read up on). good luck to ya!

Edited by t-pain

T-pain I figured there would be some legalities that may come up. I really wasn't planning on promoting myself as the marijuana guy lol but figured there are probably plenty of people that may want a certain type of home, location, interior layout etc that may be of use to a legal patient

@tooldini , just remember that the feds have laws against shops or services that promote or aid illegal activities.

its the reason why smoke shops sell "tobacco water pipes" and grow stores refrain from using the word "marihuana".

just something to think about (and read up on). good luck to ya!

That kind of vagueness seems to have vanished when the mmj laws took effect. At least around me if you don't have help that know how to grow cannabis you won't be in business long. It's freely out in the open.

No one has to talk tomatoes anymore lol.

I'm no real estate agent, and have only second hand knowledge from a disclosure form I would have had to sign if  I purchased said property. It stated that a room was used to grow, and was evident and acceptable, indemnify, blah, blah. There was small print in the section with law,rules,epa, real estate agent, blah, blah. could have been made up by the agents themselves?  maybe, doubt it though. I have heard rumble of insurance inspections of homes are taking place, but not necessarily caring about grows, until they do, when they see funny biz in the grow room, like fire, mold, water, humidity issues capable of lessening the value of your home. no inspections here yet, and I grow separate from my home, whew!

Can you expound on this?  What are the official legal requirements for disclosing a current/former house where MMJ was grown?