Owosso Council Appoves 750.474 Illegal Transport Ordinance

Goes to show you who's votes the legislature was going for when they wrote up that transport legislation. I'm telling you there are haters like this whispering in the ears of the legislature. Just like those who would prefer dispensaries over home grows. They really get miffed when the law the legislature writes proves to be not effective. They go and write their own law then, ignoring why the law the legislature wrote didn't work. If the legislature can't make it stick then Owosso can't either. But who cares really? Most folks will transport responsibly. This is just a kick in the nads from haters/dinosaurs thinking the majority is with them. Prove em wrong at election time.

Is there a place we can get a master list of how any candidate has voted or what their record is so I have some info to go by when nov rolls around?

Owosso is just down the road from me and I have a place on a main road I can put out signs too.

Edited by Norby

750.474 does not apply to patients. but now you get to explain that to the cop, the prosecutor and the judge since there is no case law. many patients get it dismissed, other patients pay the fine because its cheaper than a lawyer.

http://shylerengelpllc.com/2013/08/20/illegal-transportation-of-medical-marijuana-charge-to-be-dismissed/

Illegal Transportation of Medical Marijuana Charge to be Dismissed
Posted on August 20, 2013 by shylerengelpllc

A Shyler Engel, PLLC client made the mistake of carrying his medical marijuana in his truck where it was readily accessible contrary to the new “Illegal Transport” law under MCL 750.474. Shyler Engel, PLLC filed a motion to dismiss the charge arguing, in part, that the new constraint on transportation of marijuana does not apply to qualifying patients under the Medical Marijuana Act. Rather than litigate the matter, the Prosecutor offered the client an opportunity to have the charge dismissed after successfully refraining from any future illegal activity for the next 90 days. During the upcoming 90 days, the client will not be on probation and will not be subject to any testing.

Edited by t-pain

It certainly seems that there are a lot of d's there too, they can't do all this alone.  My co. and area seem really good the more I find out.  Back in NYS we had ro go rep. because they ran things on a local level and you wanted to be in the primary to get to sway but here I'm not familiar with yet.

It certainly seems that there are a lot of d's there too, they can't do all this alone.  My co. and area seem really good the more I find out.  Back in NYS we had ro go rep. because they ran things on a local level and you wanted to be in the primary to get to sway but here I'm not familiar with yet.

Name one, just one.

This starts at the top. Snyder let Schuette run the show with MM. I have proof that Schuette asked the legislature to fix the transport 'problem', along with 15 pages of 'marked up' MMMA. Get a new governor and Schuette goes away.

resto, you're saying not one D voted for 750.474 in the house and senate ?

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2011-HB-4856

For this transport one a few dem legislators might have voted for it because it really doesn't hurt anyone. They have to pick their battles.

When they come right out and attack home grows, for example, you know they are haters.

Name one, just one.

This starts at the top. Snyder let Schuette run the show with MM. I have proof that Schuette asked the legislature to fix the transport 'problem', along with 15 pages of 'marked up' MMMA. Get a new governor and Schuette goes away.

I don't know the name of one politician or whether tehy are dem or rep if I know their name.  As I said I haven't figured out this state yet.  I had to go rep party to have any say because that's who get's elected outside NYC in the hicks.  This way I could vote in the primary to try and sway what republicans got elected.  I think here you can vote in the primaries no matter your party .  As I heard that transport bill passed overwhelmingly.  Either it was all republicans or some dems voted that way.  If your giving them a pass and saying it hurts no one your wrong.  It's a $500 shakedown and I'll vote out a dem if there is a better replacement if they voted for the bill.  Gotta send a message if you want hands off, you tell them hands off or vote em out.

it is to bad our country is stuck with just 2 parties.

it was not designed that way during it's inception.

as of right now it matters not what letter is next to your name as far as i am concerned all of them are doing the American people a disservice by not working to pass legislation that helps People rather than corporate or individual Greed.

our country is falling behind on every major measurement and yet our legislators are still nit picking each other to death over ignorant non-issues... in the mean time every other civilized country is passing Americans in education as well as many other more important issues regarding the operations section of our Government.

how can they not pass a budget... yet they wanna tell me how to transport my medicine?

GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE CLOUDS

it is still the best system of Government out there.. but the entire system is jaded and needs to be revamped...

perhaps Civil war.. perhaps Global war... somethings going to have to give..

when the temperature continues to climb...eventually all balloons pop.

The 2 party system is what it is. You will have to deal with one or the other.

Lucky for us, with medical cannabis, it's an easy choice. These two parties don't work well together so just do the math and see which party statistically votes the way you want, then try to stack the deck in your favor. How the heck did the deck get stacked against us? Don't get fooled again.

I vote libertarian.  I may have had to have a d or r next to my name to be able to influence as best what I can in primaries but libertarians are fiscally conservative adn actually for our rights as they could give two bunny muflins about a contract between consenting adults.  The gay issue, pot issue, abortion issue and a lot of others are non issues with them.  They may never win but no one truly represents MY views so why not send a message your fed up.  Here it may be different.  I won't know till I learn and figure a best route.

Depending on the situation and specific local issues I'm a pot party voter mostly.  It affects my life more than any other issue.  I voted for the madame who ran for governor on legalizing pot, prostitution and gay marriage I think, maybe gambling.  Either way they didn't get enough votes to get the bump to a third party.  i think there was some privilige for 2% or 5% of the vote.  Wish she would've won over Cuomo and Buddha forbid he get's to be president.  He'll have "assault weapons" banned in the middle of the night and have swat kicking in your door the next morning.  You don't know how close NY was to civil war.  They actually were close to banning them overnite and having leo go door to door to confiscate their new definition of "assault rifles".  Don't underestimate some of the dems in not talking other rights away.  Mayor whoever actually banned soft drinks over 16oz. in NYC.

Allright Bloombergs wierd.  he was a dem and ran rep and won in a place where 60?% + are dems.  NYC is fuxed up.

Edited by Norby

I vote libertarian.  I may have had to have a d or r next to my name to be able to influence as best what I can in primaries but libertarians are fiscally conservative adn actually for our rights as they could give two bunny muflins about a contract between consenting adults.  The gay issue, pot issue, abortion issue and a lot of others are non issues with them.  They may never win but no one truly represents MY views so why not send a message your fed up.  Here it may be different.  I won't know till I learn and figure a best route.

I once had a friend stand at the court house with a tri corner hat on. He was way ahead of his time. Let me know when the time has come and I will check the polls and see.