Doctor Visits

These are the requirements of the law. Beyond them you nor your physician have any obligation.

"Bona fide physician-patient relationship" means a treatment or counseling relationship between a physician and patient in which all of the following are present:

(1) The physician has reviewed the patient's relevant medical records and completed a full assessment of the patient's medical history and current medical condition, including a relevant, in-person, medical evaluation of the patient.

(2) The physician has created and maintained records of the patient's condition in accord with medically accepted standards.

(3) The physician has a reasonable expectation that he or she will provide follow-up care to the patient to monitor the efficacy of the use of medical marihuana as a treatment of the patient's debilitating medical condition.

(4) If the patient has given permission, the physician has notified the patient's primary care physician of the patient's debilitating medical condition and certification for the use of medical marihuana to treat that condition.

Edited by GregS

We recommend our free followups frequently.  once or twice a year in person and on line every 1-3 months.  Again, both are free.  My obligation as a physician is to be available.  Your section 8 will be much better if you take advantage of of the follow ups offered and have them in your chart if asked.  It all comes into play with the bonafide relationship and anything you can do to strengthen it will help your case.

Doctors are required by law to have a reasonable expectation.  Reading between the lines it is pretty clearly implied they want the patient to follow through and touch based.  You can do the minimum you think you can get away with, or you can go the extra mile to protect yourself by doing it, the choice and risk is yours.

Dr. Bob

The Dr that signs for me doesn't see me,but has signed for me from the beginning. I have my own 2 Drs for my illness. And don't want another one. Drs can control your life and I do not like that feeling. I asked him if he would want to be my PCP,but he said I was too sick. He doesn't have hospital privleges. Drs don't have to follow any laws,except for handing out opiates. Screw this stupid card. Things were easier before, the risk is far more dangerous now.

Zap,I am giving up. I don't go out ,if I do it's on the old person bus.  So I will never get pulled over. I don't carry it, or sell it,stopped going to any dispensaries, so the card is really just a waste of money in my case. We DO need new brakes on the car. So,something has to be given up for this month and of course it will be my MMJ. Dang I wish I could still drink.

Yup. Sometimes we are forced to change as things in our lives change. But like with everything,it all comes down to money. Everybody here knows that. The State and Drs take our money yet we are not able to purchase meds legally. Too many people have had their lives ruined by the arrogance of the police and never get any vindication, or even an explanation. This has shown me that voting is just another panacea to make the un-washed masses think they can change things..  From Feds to State,whoever has the most money to run their campaigns are the ones that win. Now I know it is just a useless waste of time.

Zap,I am giving up. I don't go out ,if I do it's on the old person bus.  So I will never get pulled over. I don't carry it, or sell it,stopped going to any dispensaries, so the card is really just a waste of money in my case. We DO need new brakes on the car. So,something has to be given up for this month and of course it will be my MMJ. Dang I wish I could still drink.

You never know what can happen!  I had a low episode of Blood Sugar awhile back and as I was alone and unable to walk or see so I crawled outside to my front porch and started yelling for help. It came and took me back inside to check me out while waiting for the EMT's. I had a Jar of medicine as well as my accessories. They were in plain sight and I was unable to even realize it until later when my Sugars stabilized. You never know! Please stay protected for you safety. I know we all would like the situation to be better, but it is what it is and we have adapt as needed to get by.