Cop Pulled Over Man For Not Wearing Seat Belt Then Shot Him.

Habenero

Another example of po po thugs doin what they want.  Just saw a CNN video of some cop who pulled over some dude for no seatbelt. Dude was pulled in at a gas station and out of his car before cop light up the rack. Cop yelled to the guy to let him see his license. Dude turns and reaches into car to grab wallet off seat. Cop yells lemme see your hands then opens fire 4 times. Only grazed the dude's hip but what the hell is this world coming to? Cops are society's lowlife fo sure. I'll post the video when I find it unless some1 beats me 2 it.

Edited by Habenero

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/south-carolina-man-shot-after-alleged-seatbelt-violation/

Sean-Groubert-shoots-Levar-Jones.png

The moment State Trooper Sean Groubert shot Levar Jones.

COLUMBIA, SC — Dashcam video captured the moment an unarmed man was shot by a state trooper while being confronted about alleged not wearing a seatbelt.

The motorist, 35-year-old Levar Jones, pulled into a Columbia convenience store parking lot on September 4th, 2014.

South Carolina State Trooper Sean Groubert was lurking in his cruiser adjacent to the parking lot, and watched as Mr. Jones slowly pull his white pickup truck into the lot. Officer Groubert waited a moment for Mr. Jones to park, then pulled his cruiser up behind the truck.

The reason for approaching Mr. Jones, it was later revealed, was that Officer Groubert allegedly witnessed the driver pulling into the parking lot without a seatbelt on.

Video shows that Mr. Jones had already parked and exited his vehicle when the officer pulled up behind him. Officer Groubert exited his cruiser, and gave instructions for Jones to produce his driver’s license.

Mr. Jones responded to the officers directions by turning around and leaning into his vehicle to find his license. Seeing this, the trooper immediately drew his gun and began to shout at Jones.

“Get out of the car!” the trooper shrieked. He began firing his pistol at Mr. Jones’ back.

Jones, who was unarmed, was struck in the hip with a bullet, and pleaded for the officer to stop.

After 2 shots were fired, Mr. Jones backed up, with his hands clearly in the air. The trooper fired at least 2 more times.

“I just got my license. You said get my license,” Mr. Jones could be heard saying on the video.

“Sir, why was I shot? All I did was reach for my license,” Mr. Jones asked the officer. “I’m coming from work.”

See the video below:

The incident offers another stark reminder that dealing with the police is inherently dangerous. Officers are inundated with training videos that cause them to interpret deadly threats when they do not actually exist. Paranoid law enforcers have been known to shoot people holding their wallets, walking canes, hats, video game controllers, and sometimes nothing at all.

Even when the “suspect” has done nothing wrong, and the interaction is over some menial infraction, the outcome can be deadly.

FOLLOW-UP:

In a somewhat surprising display of accountability, the South Carolina State Police fired Sean Groubert within a week of the shooting. He was also charged with “assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature,” a charge that could lead to up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

Groubert’s defense attorney argues that the trooper reasonably feared for his life because he thought Mr. Jones might have been reaching for a gun.

Levar Jones was hospitalized for his wounds and released. He is expected to recover.

Shoot brains you're FAST! I posted this and in less than a minute you responded with the vid. I had just found it on youtube too. Saw it earlier in the day on CNN so didn't have it handy. Thanks

If this vid doesn't turn your stomach then you've got an iron one fo sure. Only good thing is the cop being charged but I thnk he was WAY undercharged. If it was a civvie did that they'd get a higher charge than agg assault and battery.

Shoot brains you're FAST! I posted this and in less than a minute you responded with the vid. I had just found it on youtube too. Saw it earlier in the day on CNN so didn't have it handy. Thanks

If this vid doesn't turn your stomach then you've got an iron one fo sure. Only good thing is the cop being charged but I thnk he was WAY undercharged. If it was a civvie did that they'd get a higher charge than agg assault and battery.

lol thanks...:)

I'll post the video when I find it unless some1 beats me 2 it.

challenge accepted LOL :)

it really does turn my stomach... it scares me and makes me want to act now before it's too late...

Man, they are really, really strict down there.  Shouldn't the cop have just issued the guy a ticket for this seat belt violation? 

Let this be a lesson to you younger folks.  Always wear your seatbelt or you might get gunned down for your own protection.

And if possible wear your white skin...

Edited by shishka