The Full Melt Signature Gathering 8 Day Radio Marathon!

bobandtorey

This guy needs help. Poor organization, poor planning, not interesting. I hope he succeeds but I predict, 1000 signatures, tops.

The reasons he didn't plan it was he didn't want Leo to find out what he was up to before they sat things up like i said it was a great idea but you need permission to do something like this from the owner of the spot that  would have helped

The reasons he didn't plan it was he didn't want Leo to find out what he was up to before they sat things up like i said it was a great idea but you need permission to do something like this from the owner of the spot that  would have helped

After you left there was nobody collecting signatures. What is the point of live broadcasting to an audience of 5 People? No PA system to take advantage of his mouth. Four pm is no time to setup at Eastern Market. 6am with a rented space would have been fantastic. Live conversation with the police would have been fantastic. Having the ability for "live" calls, would have been fantastic. Having five or six people "working" the crowd, is nessasry.

His "engineer " calling him out as a jerk was the only entertaining part.

I did track him down to turn in the signatures I collected last week and to help. It was such a cluster duck, I just left and stopped at Northern Lights on the way home.

Hope he gets his ship together, but I doubt it.

Yup! 

We had the police on live the first day maybe you didn't know that we/where their Friday and it was OK and the police where cool imho once the Leo told his boss it went down hill 

Having five or six people "working" the crowd, is necessary >> Yes i agree thats why i said someone told me they had gotten 500 signatures last night and if they did they would have had to have a lot more people standing out their to do that many

Imo the people that have not done anything to help  or have never done it so those people just have no idea of how much work it takes and time Like you and me do 

Thanks for all you help

it's just to nice to stay inn today

pretty difficult to get a booth at eastern market i think. i dont remember milegalize having a booth there at all.

https://www.easternmarket.com/nourish/become-a-market-vendor

look at that page, applications for a booth. "be patient booths are in high demand"...

permits, permission, public spaces.

the facists are out there , destroying free speech and the right to free assembly everywhere they can.

milegalize had a booth at gibraltar trade center for a weekend. it costs money to rent booths, was the cost worth the expense? $400+? for a booth rental? did they get enough signatures to make it worth the price vs hiring professional signature gatherers?

everyone thinks its so easy to get petitions signed. that its easy to get a booth and setup anywhere?

well thats wrong. it aint easy.

public places. you can be on public property and collect signatures.

whats that mean? sidewalks. ok the sidewalks near the front of buildings like grocery store? WRONG. thats private property sidewalk. the only public property sidewalks are those near the road. you know, 100-200 ft away from the front door of the store. meaning no one parks at the store and then walks to you to sign a petition.

what about an empty lot , like where a gas station used to be? nope. thats private property owned by someone.

what about a parking lot? nope. thats private property too. you have to get permission from the property owner. most chain stores? they arent going to allow you to do anything like that.

can you set up a table on a sidewalk? no. that would block/obstruct the public from movement. a safety hazard. so now you have to stand up and collect signatures. no chairs, no tables. just you on your feet for hours.

theres a few public places you can collect at. near courthouses or libraries or other city govt buildings.

parks. can setup in parks. supposedly. maybe. i wouldnt try in a park that has an entrance fee. smaller free city parks should be ok. but you probably cant hand out any handbills / flyers . that requires another permit .

one thing i've learned doing petitions is that this is not a free country. i dont know when it was a free country, i cant imagine 1950s being any better than now either. i'm not saying you should be free to harass people while they are eating at mcdonalds or shopping at the grocery, or chasing them down in the parking lot as they go to their cars.... petitioning aint easy. you know you have to get a permit to sell things door to door in some cities? i'm not sure if that applies also to petitioners, but i'm sure theres a seperate permit for it.

are you going to go door to door collecting signatures?

i asked if i could get permission to have a table at redford farmers market. the lady said she didnt want any political things there. isnt political speech the most protected free speech? not in this country!

permits? can you imagine how difficult it is to get a permit from a city? can you even name anyone who got a permit to do anything? how long does it take to get a permit just to rennovate your own house?