MM Card Revisited--if my check was cashed...

I'm new to MM. I am in constant pain due to severe muscle spasms (spinal chord injury).

I am hopeful that MM will be helpful.

(As a side question, is it likely to help?).

Anyway, I sent in my completed application on the 13th. I got my green receipt back, showing me it arrived on the 16th.

I see my $60. check was cashed today (the 24th).

Does this mean that my application was approved and that I should receive my card in the next few weeks?

Mel

on Monday (15 business days after they cashed your check) your paperwork serves as your hard card until the card arrives in the mail.

i have not heard of anyone not getting their hard card or denial letter in that amount of time this past year...

if the doctor signed your paperwork you will be approved do not worry.

if you are denied it will only be for a clerical reason and you can resubmit your application as many times as it takes to get it correct.

once a licensed doctor approves your condition then signs your certification paperwork LARA cannot deny you for any reason other than a mistake you made on your application and then you can resubmit it and correct the mistakes....(as many times as necessary)

Sometimes a doctor becomes 'under investigation' for whatever. Use your imagination. When that happens you don't get your card on time. You wait and wait and eventually you get a letter. I have personally seen that happen with 4 doctors now. 

That's just one way it can go wrong. I've seen things go sideways a few different ways over the years. 

To say that everyone automatically always gets their card on time is fake news. 

if a doctor is licensed in MI at the time they sign your cert you are good to go.

if a licensed doctor is under judicial review for any reason LARA will still approve your application up and until the Doctors review is completed and enforcement actions are taken... we have seen it happen last year with two doctors who sign certifications in Michigan regularly.

hopefully your card will be in the mail today.

you can call LARA and inquire on Tuesday after its been 15 bus days if you choose (i probably would)

Medical Marihuana Program
(Patient/Caregiver) 
P.O. Box 30083
Lansing, MI 48909

Ph: 517-284-6400 LARA-BMMR-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov
Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Division
P.O. Box 30205
Lansing, MI 48909

Ph: 517-284-8599 LARA-MedicalMarihuana@michigan.gov

2 minutes ago, mibrains said:

its true tho.... many things can and do go wrong... most things are correctable even if it takes multiple attempts..

i just didn't want the OP to worry to much...

best advice - sit back and wait until monday

with all the dispensary rules happening LARA is pretty busy

Perfect advice. I have one in the system right now too. One thing a patient can do is compare their application processing with others that have submitted at the same time. That always works to see if their may be a problem with processing. 

17 minutes ago, compiler said:

Well, still nothing from them.

Hard to check on here for others who sent it in for receipt on the 16th.

But, if anyone is reading this and the shoe fits, please advise.

Mel

Everything matches what happened with my patient so far. I will let you know when the card is received. Thanks for posting your time line for comparison. 

I have one received 10/25, check cashed 10/31.

We are expecting the card in 2 - 3 weeks. 

One thing to consider is that the amount of cards originally issued in this time period was very high volume so they always get a little slower return. They are always slower this time of year. 

Edited by Restorium2

Update: Received my card today -- 11/6/17 (dated 10/30/17).

Now, if I can go off-topic here a bit, as I think some of you are caregivers.

I am a "mature" male adult. As I said in my OP, I have a severe spinal injury with severe constant muscle spasms.

I take strong muscle relaxers. My goal is to get better spasm control and hopefully be able to reduce my medications.

I used to smoke an occasional joint in the 70's; nothing since then.

I would rather not smoke or vape.

Medibles would be preferable.

Any suggestions?

Indica? Hybrid? Or?

I currently do not have a caretaker here in mid-Michigan, but there is a delivery service (Mid-Michigan Meds).

Mel

I like the taste, and the sensation of it in my mouth. Absorbing the oil through your cheeks and under your gum may give you more immediate effect than swallowing and absorbing through your digestive system and liver (where THC-9 gets converted to THC-11).

I don't know anything about this company (Cascadia Herbals), but I found this video to be interesting.

Edited by mishigami bear

This guy explains it the best:

Out of the dozens of different cannabinoids, I believe that 11-OH-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (abbreviated 11-OH-THC) is one of the most interesting. Why? First, it is highly psychoactive. In fact, it is just as psychoactive as the famous THC molecule, if not more so (we’ll get to this a little later).

Second, 11-OH-THC does not naturally exist in the cannabis plant, but is formed within the human body after ingestion of THC. The amount of 11-OH-THC formed in your body can vary wildly depending on whether you take cannabis as an edible (high levels) or smoke it (low levels).

THC to 11-OH-THC metabolism

Metabolism of THC to 11-OH-THC

We all know that edibles give a different type of high than smoking. One intriguing explanation is that different levels of 11-OH-THC formed is the reason why.

Read the whole thing at the link above. I found it very informative.