Care giver to dispensary marijuana testing

Lancy

19 minutes ago, Lancy said:

I have heard that it cost nearly $500 for testing before it can be sold.  If so, does anyone know the volume of product a positive test covers?

The caregivers don't have to have it tested when they sell it to the dispensary. Most of it isn't been tested. 

12 minutes ago, semicaregiver said:

I believe the licensed grower that you sell to will need to have it tested prior to their selling it to a licensed dispensary.   That cost will probably be figured into whatever $ they offer you for your product.

Thank you,

My question is, when the licensed grower gets it tested (and it passes), how much can they purchase based on that one test? 1 lb, 100 lb, 1000 lb?  Seems as tho there must be a limit.

I've heard the word batch used.  What constitutes a batch?

thanks

•  
26 minutes ago, semicaregiver said:

I believe the licensed grower that you sell to will need to have it tested prior to their selling it to a licensed dispensary.   That cost will probably be figured into whatever $ they offer you for your product.

Thank you,

My question is, when the licensed grower gets it tested (and it passes), how much can they purchase based on that one test? 1 lb, 100 lb, 1000 lb?  Seems as tho there must be a limit.

I've heard the word batch used.  What constitutes a batch?

thanks

This should answer any further questions about legal caregiver cannabis . . . 

Michigan officials end caregiver marijuana supply to medical pot shops

The stock of medical marijuana products at licensed Michigan businesses will soon change, as a result of new guidance from state officials. 

Effective immediately, licensed medical marijuana provisioning centers can no longer stock their shelves with products grown by caregivers, the Marijuana Regulatory Agency announced Thursday in a press release. 

Licensed shops can only buy from state-licensed growers and processors. Caregivers, however, will be allowed to sell to state-licensed growers and processors -- who will be required to test the product and enter it into the state’s tracking system. 

The switch away from the illegal supply of caregiver weed to the regulated market was supposed to occur April 1, but was delayed for a month due to a barrage of lawsuits filed against the state in a separate but entangled issue over the ability of unlicensed pot shops to operate. 

Michigan judge slams state for ‘freakish’ regulation of medical marijuana businesses 

A judge's order prevents regulators from setting any new deadlines for unlicensed medical pot shops.

Court of Claims Judge Stephen Borrello issued his orders two days ago -- which allow unlicensed pot shops to stay open until 60 days after officials decide on their license applications. Borrello left the issue of caregiver product up to the Marijuana Regulatory Agency to decide. 

Now the embattled medical marijuana market will switch over to regulated product as its main source. 

Corporate mega-growers have criticized the use of caregiver marijuana for the past five months, as it has tested positive for E. coli, Salmonella, mold, lead and other heavy metals. No illnesses have been reported to the state from its use. 

Mega growers, medical marijuana caregivers battle over industry control 

Business interests lured by the promise of a recreational market are clashing with patient needs.

Licensed growers have also complained that competition from caregivers is hurting their business. 

In turn, patients and caregivers have lashed out against the corporate growers. They claim mega growers aren’t manufacturing the medicinal products that they need and are only focused on products that recreational users will want. 

Jerry Millen, owner of a Walled Lake licensed provisioning center, predicted the market will not respond well as a result of the state’s latest regulatory action.

“I’m afraid this is going to make the black market explode 100-fold,” Milen said. 

Michigan’s corporate medical marijuana growers rally for ‘clean cannabis’ 

"Enough is enough," said Jeff Radway, CEO of Green Peak Innovations, over boos and jeers from protesters.

Caregivers won’t be keen to start new business relationships with the same licensed growers that insulted their products last week, Millen said. Instead, caregivers will likely flood the unlicensed pot shops that the state has allowed to open with their product -- a black market with lower prices and more medicinal products that patients will likely seek out, Millen said. 

Michelle Donovan, a lawyer with Butzel Long who sued the state over the caregiver supply issue, also predicted a surge in the black market as a result of the state’s action. 

“It’s going to allow the caregivers to sell their products directly to the dispensary centers that don’t have their state license,” Donovan said. “Do I want to drop mine off and pay to get it tested, or do I go down the street?” 

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/05/michigan-officials-end-caregiver-marijuana-supply-to-medical-pot-shops.html?fbclid=IwAR2De28QcN712Pyuyk5qMs05NN9kCwSaNYshBm-akDRRxwvvHO_x8KV1tKE

Edited by knucklehead bob

3 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

I'm going to ask DISPO In Bay City what their plans are. Will report back later today.

Are they licensed?  Only the dispensaries that have a license are required to stop buying from caregivers (Notice the use of the word "licensed" in the bulletin BMA put out, (attached to my earlier post) and the news report that Knucklehead Bob posted.   Those that have yet to finalize their license will have until either June 1 or June 30 (different dates reported in different sources).  After that deadline the State claims they will close them until they finalize their license.

Edited by semicaregiver
clarity

40 minutes ago, semicaregiver said:

Are they licensed?  Only the dispensaries that have a license are required to stop buying from caregivers (Notice the use of the word "licensed" in the bulletin BMA put out, (attached to my earlier post) and the news report that Knucklehead Bob posted.   Those that have yet to finalize their license will have until either June 1 or June 30 (different dates reported in different sources).  After that deadline the State claims they will close them until they finalize their license.

No. No pot store gets to buy from caregivers anymore. Licensed or not.

Unlicensed provisioning centers that are considered temporary operators can still buy from caregivers and sell that product with a consent waiver. 

If you want your caregiver product in a licensed PC you will need to sell to a licensed grower or licensed processor and have them middle men it. 

Once a licensed grower or processor takes it in it will need to be tagged as a batch (15 lb flower max) and tested. If the product fails testing it must be destroyed in most cases. 

Full panel testing for flower at PSI Labs in Ann Arbor is $410 and seven grams. 

1 hour ago, shishka said:

Unlicensed provisioning centers that are considered temporary operators can still buy from caregivers and sell that product with a consent waiver. 

If you want your caregiver product in a licensed PC you will need to sell to a licensed grower or licensed processor and have them middle men it. 

Once a licensed grower or processor takes it in it will need to be tagged as a batch (15 lb flower max) and tested. If the product fails testing it must be destroyed in most cases. 

Full panel testing for flower at PSI Labs in Ann Arbor is $410 and seven grams. 

Does that make even a little sense? No. It would be punishing the licensed ones. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to know that it's false. 

There wouldn't be any point in any selling between caregivers and the big state grows. It would take the affordability out of the caregiver product.

It's not that what the caregivers produce is better, it's just more affordable because of the low overhead. Better selection. Once the price advantage goes away there's no place for it on the shelves. 

When interpreting the rules use some common sense or you will be spewing nonsense that's not helping anyone(except maybe the labs).

4 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Does that make even a little sense? No. It would be punishing the licensed ones. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to know that it's false. 

There wouldn't be any point in any selling between caregivers and the big state grows. It would take the affordability out of the caregiver product.

It's not that what the caregivers produce is better, it's just more affordable because of the low overhead. Better selection. Once the price advantage goes away there's no place for it on the shelves. 

When interpreting the rules use some common sense or you will be spewing nonsense that's not helping anyone(except maybe the labs).

Answer me this then. Where do you think temporary operators are getting their product?

They can’t buy from licensed growers or processors because they’re not in metrc. 

I suggest you sit on the sidelines while this plays out. 

17 hours ago, shishka said:

Answer me this then. Where do you think temporary operators are getting their product?

They can’t buy from licensed growers or processors because they’re not in metrc. 

There's no sitting on the sidelines if you are real. Life doesn't work like that. You don't get that choice until your trip is done. 

I have people that depend on me to get this right and work with the changes. I know right away when things said don't match reality because I'm living it not just typing about it. 

Temporary operators are the people who have been messing this up since '09. They are fakes and rip offs that never get their act together and take advantage of all of us. They are the ones who need to get their business the heck out of the way so the permanent operators can thrive. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, shishka said:

As time goes by we see you are wrong again. 

Temporary operators are kicked to the curb and the real deal dispensaries are still able to buy from real deal caregivers.

When things don't make sense then that's a way to see what you are saying is false. Learn from your mistakes or continue to guess wrong.