Harvesting too early

Hello,

Pulling them early could greatly effect their potency and taste, not to mention the yield! This is not to say its impossible to get something worth using by pulling it early, I have seen strains that are still potent 2 weeks early and even had a different effect then the more matured version. Its up to you to experiment with these factors and do what is right for yourself as far as whether your happy with early or later effects and weights..etc..etc..

the strain is free leonard and i am just now seeing brown hairs at about 10 % of main cola im gonna wait and flush in a week the wait is so harrrrrrrrrrrrd

thanks for all the help

http://pbckt.com/sx.dWfa

Swampy recommended 12 weeks on Free Leonard. Thats a long time but well worth the wait. If you pulled it two weeks earlier than 12 it would still kick your donkey guaranteed, lol.

CHECK YOUR TRICHOMES!

the strain is free leonard and i am just now seeing brown hairs at about 10 % of main cola im gonna wait and flush in a week the wait is so harrrrrrrrrrrrd

thanks for all the help

http://pbckt.com/sx.dWfa

Looking at your pictures now, I say NO. Way too early. I'll put up a pic of ours. We just harvested a week or so ago and they could have went a hair longer maybe. You want to see this....gimme a sec.

It was 3 1/2 oz. dry. The plant was less than two feet tall. Under 100 days from a cutting with no roots.

post-4319-1270407185892_thumb.jpg

post-4319-12704072523533_thumb.jpg

post-4319-12704072857886_thumb.jpg

Wow what a difference in pics, Im gonna have to bite the bullet and just wait it out. Your right its way too early im just gettin leonard fever but im sure the wait will be worth it maybe 3-4 weeks to go on mine. Ill post later pics when it gets close thx for all the advice

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Its hard to keep your hands in your pockets. Everybody wants to give to much water and fertilizers and can't wait for good fat buds. The secret is to sample some off the plant. If you like it then crop the plant. Patients is a virture.

I highly recommend a small lope or scope 20x or 30x mag, with a light. Then you can see your trichromes, sample it at different stages if you need to off the lower branches. And when you get the desired medicinal effects, note what your trichromes look like and you'll never be off again. I harvest with 20% amber.

Looking at your pictures now, I say NO. Way too early. I'll put up a pic of ours. We just harvested a week or so ago and they could have went a hair longer maybe. You want to see this....gimme a sec.

It was 3 1/2 oz. dry. The plant was less than two feet tall. Under 100 days from a cutting with no roots.

I read that Free Leonard has two different versions and that one version completes after 8 weeks in flower and the other goes 10-12 weeks. I don't know if this is true, but I have a FL clone that I am vegging right now. The leaves look very similar to yours. It is about 16-18" tall. How long did you veg and how long in flower? Thanks and those plants are amazing looking. How did you keep them so small and yet get such delectable buds?

Archived