New Conditions Addition Petitions <<<Say That 3X Fast

Good news folks!

The MDCH is currently forming the new conditions addition petitions review panel/board!

From what I understand they have filled all but two non-physician seats, with the other chairs held by pain management Doctors including a recommending Physician.

Baby steps maybe, but steps nonetheless.

Very cool. Seems like California has already done all the work on the documentation and testimony.

The MDCH head Melani, said that they needed documentation on the qualifying conditions to help the process. And I'm betting Cali residents had to go through a similar set of conditions.

How does a condition qualify to get on the list? Where do they find the proof that satisfies their requireents? Many years ago I saw a list of ailments that MM can help, though I don't remember if diabetes was on it. Back then there wasn't much info on other conditions such as ADD... The info was in a book someone from NORML had.

If someone said, "This herb helped ease my symptoms," but they weren't using it legally because their condition hadn't been approved, they get in trouble, although they may be able to prove it helps, but the info has to come from somewhere, a person has to be able to confide in someone who can help prove the herb is beneficial in their situation, without fear of legal hassles. I used to know people who'd say how it helped them and I know they wanted to tell their doctor. At least more people now are seeing the benefits but there's still the negative hype and stereotypes, I saw a mention of Cheech and Chong- yeah, I guess a lot of people think of them when someone mentions marijuana, as if only those kind of people use it.... I've known more respectable people who were very responsible citizens and an occasional user, ordinary citizens, working class.... the media is much to blame for the negative spin. Please forgive my rambling.

Silverblue

You need lots of research and findings documentation and probably the assistance of Activists who are in the business of giving well researched professional testimony.

You need lots of research and findings documentation and probably the assistance of Activists who are in the business of giving well researched professional testimony.

hi, thanks for your reply. I would guess one would first have to know exactly who's doing the research so they can approach that group or whoever, then have the other requirements you mentioned. I always wondered how the process goes. Often I hear of big pharma announcing they're looking for patients, but I guess there'd be a stampede if someone announced they're researching MM. :mellow:

Silverblue

I know this does not meet the requirements for consideration and there is no research documentation I am aware of, but I always thought MM could be part of doctor supervised cigarette cessation program. I have quite a few friends who years ago used it as a last resort after many unsuccessful attempt with other approved methods and the majority of them have been nicotine free for years compared to a few months using contemporary treatments.

My doctor has me on two or three programs a year that never work and I always tell him if we could develop a nicotine free cigarette that would be half the battle. I keep having bad reactions to the anti-depressants he has me take with the nicotine prescriptions.

Have any cigarette smokers presently using MM legally noticed whether it reduced their need for a cigarette urges?

Why are there no patient representatives on this panel? It would seem to me that no one can speak for us as well as one of our own.

Peace...j.b.

Good news folks!

The MDCH is currently forming the new conditions addition petitions review panel/board!

From what I understand they have filled all but two non-physician seats, with the other chairs held by pain management Doctors including a recommending Physician.

Baby steps maybe, but steps nonetheless.

Why are there no patient representatives on this panel? It would seem to me that no one can speak for us as well as one of our own.

Peace...j.b.

thanks JB thats what i was thinking my self but how would someone get on this panel? i don't think they even want to talk to us they the MDCH would like us to go away lol

thanks JB thats what i was thinking my self but how would someone get on this panel? i don't think they even want to talk to us they the MDCH would like us to go away lol

You guys are right, there should be community members represented, other than 1 recommending physician.

Why not apply for one of the seats on the panel? Send a letter of inquiry and your resume, heck make it in attention to Rae Ramsdell.

Last I heard, there were two non-physician positions still available.

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

VIEW THESE THREADS!!!!!!

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/18104-medical-cannabis-list-and-effects-2009/

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/18106-granny-storm-crows-list/

sorry for yelling so loudly.

ah philly, sometimes u are sort of a cocaine hydrochloride-head, but an amusing one at that, and always with good info. welcome back-?

snowtreader, willie nelson was on larry king last nite, saying he loaded his cig pack up with joints and just smoked those alone ever since, like, 30 years ago when he decided to quit cigs...

nemosity and silverblue, really great posts, very introspective.

oh yeah and silverblue, philantropy posted a wonderful list elsewhere, granny stow crow's list, check there for diabetic research and articles...also i read in the last 4m an article by peanutbutter (!awesome one)about metaformin and blood sugar vs. cannabis control in mice...not exactly what you need but might help/?

ah philly, sometimes u are sort of a cocaine hydrochloride-head, but an amusing one at that, and always with good info. welcome back-?

snowtreader, willie nelson was on larry king last nite, saying he loaded his cig pack up with joints and just smoked those alone ever since, like, 30 years ago when he decided to quit cigs...

nemosity and silverblue, really great posts, very introspective.

sorry... not much time still... i'm not exactly back yet.

Was looking around and most likely over looked it buuuttt. Was wondering if there is a list of suggestions for "new conditions" that members here thought should be added.

And if there was some sort of petition or even a certain amount of signatures needed to have these suggestions up for considerations. B)

(apologies in advance) I'm not sure if this is the place for this topic either.

Bipolar disorder........

Does anyone on here suffer from RLS? (Restless Leg Syndrome) I know a few people that benefit with MM, although I don't think it's currently on the list of approved conditions. And, any information on when or if the hearing has been rescheduled? Thank you

there is a meeting from the State House Oversight Committee on the 4-15-10 to discuss many issues with the MCDH, state police, dept of technology, to figure out solutions to many of the problems. this is one of the scheduled topics.

you can read about it in this thread

http://www.michiganm...mittee-4-15-10/

i say add Rheumatoid Arthritis, fibromyalgia, insomnia, ADHD, PTSD to the list though. As people post new conditions, you should keep editing you top post so we can see a list form smile.gif

i agree i have rhuemetoid arthritis and fibromyalgia . i got my rec and sent in my app under chronic pain.that's what the dr. put down.i'm thankful but i wish they would list more specific conditions like theese.

Was looking around and most likely over looked it buuuttt. Was wondering if there is a list of suggestions for "new conditions" that members here thought should be added.

And if there was some sort of petition or even a certain amount of signatures needed to have these suggestions up for considerations. B)

(apologies in advance) I'm not sure if this is the place for this topic either.

Scleroderma, this is a chronic dibilitating disease. I have the progressive form, and take anti rejection medication, to slow it down. It causes severe nausea,chronic pain, inflammation,muscle pain,bursitis, the list gos on. Edibles and tinctures, high in cannibinoids, and peanutbutters oil rubbed all over my skin, and vaping, all are making me feel better, :rolleyes:

Yep

Psychological is where its at...

The physical is mostly wrapped up in and falls under chronic pain, nausea and side-effects of treatments and other medications

They dont want to accept it works...they know it works, its a very psychological drug...or rather herb...cannabis that is! :)

They all know it...they just dont want us to get it...and if you cant see it or document an ailments existence in the physical...they dont like that

The panel in question is governed by fear and trepidation....plus, they want to cover their own donkey...priority #1

...do they actually care about patients who suffer through the side effects of these horrible medications crammed down peoples throuts and the agony of psychological disorders ?

Will they look at the evidence that marijuana helps ?

Is there any evedience ?

testimonials certainly...studies from other counties...probably

Tough hurdle...it can be done...maybe California will legalize it before they finnally get around to having the hearing

That would change things a bit :D

Anxiety...Insomnia...Depression...Mania...Obsessive-compusive disorder...many others!

I think its Logical cannabis helps a multitude of psychological disorders and most people have some sort of psychological disorder some degree or another...like it or not...we could find one that fits...one reason they dont want to allow it... :blink:

Just legalize it man !!!! :lol:

Archived