Dispensary Northern Michigan

Just you? Are you part of one of the TC compassion clubs? One of them has been talking about the same possibility.

yep just my husband and i.we are not members of the t.c. club, but i would like to be. As of right now we are just trying to get everything in order. We hope to open asap. Waiting for our lawyer to gt back with us and tell us what we need to do to get things going.hope it doesn't take long. I will keep everyone posted. If anyone knows in the meantime if there are any laws in t.c. pertaining to dispensaries that i should know about please let me know. thank you so much.

More than just laws, I hope you folks are engaging your local small town political scene and getting a feel for their opinions on this.  i.e. the city council, county board of commissioners, etc. -- what do they think of this possibility?

A common saying is "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."  That may be true in many situations, but I'm not sure it's true in this case.

Disclaimer:  I'm a member of a (non-governmental) board in a small conservative town.  I know our local folks would be very unhappy if a dispensary started without their knowledge.  I think they would be much more likely to try to shut it down than they would if the group had at least presented their plan.  I don't mean to say that I think you could talk our local county into explicitly agreeing to this.  If you found out the chief objections of local government, though, and took a few steps to allay their fears, I think this would greatly smooth your path forward.

Good Luck!

More than just laws, I hope you folks are engaging your local small town political scene and getting a feel for their opinions on this.  i.e. the city council, county board of commissioners, etc. -- what do they think of this possibility?

A common saying is "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."  That may be true in many situations, but I'm not sure it's true in this case.

Disclaimer:  I'm a member of a (non-governmental) board in a small conservative town.  I know our local folks would be very unhappy if a dispensary started without their knowledge.  I think they would be much more likely to try to shut it down than they would if the group had at least presented their plan.  I don't mean to say that I think you could talk our local county into explicitly agreeing to this.  If you found out the chief objections of local government, though, and took a few steps to allay their fears, I think this would greatly smooth your path forward.

Good Luck!

This is so true! I've talked to a few "underground" private clubs that have started, and find it surprising how many haven't taken the time to find out how their local community feels about it, ie: police, city officials. I'd much rather find out how much they didn't want it around before i invest myself fully into starting something in an area only to find its unwanted and going to be a consistent source of harassment and problematic activity. Besides, if your talking "dispensary", then you talking about a business and all that comes with it. Including licensing, red tape and the current major issue, zoning.

That being said, is there any listing or posting of current MM friendly and MM foe cities? Has anyone had any negative reactions when attempting to speak with any public officials about the issue? I know there are some positive reactions from certain police and city officials in certain area's, such as yipsi and oak park where these types of businesses and entrepreneurs are putting themselves in more in the public eye and at risk by opening their doors.

I will be praying for people to have an open mind to the facts, and praying harder that they allow this to proceed! My hope is that someday soon, there will be dispensaries all over the state. And, it would be great to be able to provide any overages to these dispensaries! Hmm.....

What if the dispensary was not "In town"? I.E. in Nevada the legal brothels are allowed to operate, but not in the city district, which is why they are a few minutes out of town. Why couldn't they just do that here in Michigan with the dispensaries? I wouldn't mind driving a few minutes out of town to pick up my meds, or to drop off/sell my overages.

Newbie -

I attended the City Council meeting in Traverse City last night. The Council had on its agenda a request for a place in Traverse City where medicine could be used and possibly exchanged. The request was actually not for a dispensary, but more of a "safe haven" free from police concerns.

I was pleasantly surprised by the generally open-minded attitude with which the Council assessed the request. Even Ralph Soffredine expressed openness (though he may have been softened up a bit by his son's situation). All in all I didn't hear any negative comments, either from the Council or from the public, the entire time. Having said that, though, the Council appears to be leaning toward a "moratorium" on any land use permits that might allow such an operation to be opened. And I feel that if they had their way, they would prefer such a place to be in a commercial district.

Personally, I don't feel that a California-style dispensary would be in the City's or the patients' best interests at this point. Two others expressed the same position at the meeting. We are still very much in the phase where we need to establish that medical marijuana is a real thing, not a made-up excuse as a step toward legalization. I feel that dispensaries are currently viewed simply as semi-legal dope dealers and now is not yet the time for one here. I think that we need to prove ourselves for a little while before we can make the final push toward legalization. Trust me, I wish it were otherwise and I will be extremely happy to be proved wrong.

We're all still learning. That means the MM people and the LEOs and others from the public service sector. With the reactions that I saw at the TC Council meeting, I think that we will be able to work together to have something that works for all of us. It may not happen as quickly as we would like, but I do believe that it can happen. The thing that will screw it up faster than anything else, though, is carelessness on our part. We can't afford to be perceived as stoners looking for candy store.

Hello, I am a board member of the GTCC. I find it somewhat distubing that this city council meeting that i attended and spoke only to promote a group collective to safely make medication available to sick people has somehow been looked at as an opportunity to cash in on M.M. This is not the Base for what we are constructing with the city. Mind my words, "with the city." If you would like to learn how to properly function under the M.M. law and as it pertain's to the Traverse City Area. We are easy enough to find 207 Grandview Pkwy Tc MI.49684. (231)883-4200

As always Be Safe

GTCC

• 5 months later...

BLUE MOON CAREGIVING

phone #231-420-0734

Blue Moon Caregiving is a collective of State Certified Medical Marijuana Growers and Patients.

Visiting on a Vacation from one of the other 13 Medical Marijuana States? Michigan accepts legal documention from other states. With no primary caregiver set up, Blue Moon Caregiving is there to help you aquire the medication you need.

Also looking for experienced growers who have unusable overages that woud like to help the collective

We will come to your Private residence for DISCREET and CONFIDENTIAL consultation.

Thank you

SERVICING NORTHERN MICHIGAN!!!

can someone explain to us laypeople how dispensaries are even possible with the way the law is set up with caregivers/patients?

thanks

I've often thought of that myself. My understanding of the argument is that a certain number of people operate of of the collective's location. Each one of them has the maximum number of assigned patients, with the corresponding number of plants. Under such circumstance there should, theoretically at least, never be more medicine on the premises than is allowable by the numbers. It's basically a bunch of caregivers operating out of the same location. Nothing more.

It's basically a bunch of caregivers operating out of the same location. Nothing more.

so only any of these caregiver's patients could ever get anything from this "dispensary" then. patients who are growing for themselves with no caregiver would essentially be barred from using it?

• 2 weeks later...

can someone explain to us laypeople how dispensaries are even possible with the way the law is set up with caregivers/patients?

thanks

I think the philosophy sometimes is to overgrow the government- i.e. bend over and take it one thrust at time.....We admire your ability to take the shocks so we don't have too.....

• 4 weeks later...

BLUE MOON CAREGIVING

Blue Moon Caregiving is a collective of State Certified Medical Marijuana Growers and Patients.

Visiting on a Vaction from one of the other 13 Medical Marijuana States? Michigan accepts legal documention from other states. With no primary caregiver set up, Blue Moon Caregiving is there to help you aquire the medication you need.

Also helping Local patients that are still without a primary caregiver, and local Caregivers without patients.

Also looking for experienced growers who have unusable overages that woud like to help the collective.

I will come to your Private residence for DISCREET and CONFIDENTIAL consultation.

Thank you

269-420-0734

how can there b a local c.g w/o a patient? post sounds a lil desperate, what happened? to many of your experienced growers dump stuff on you that was premature or not cured correctly!

FREE THE WEED!

Lose the GREED!

Forbidden Fruit CAREGIVING

Growing up and living in Northern Michigan all my life, Michigan accepts legal documention from other states. With no primary caregiver set up, Forbidden Fruit Caregiving is there to help you aquire the medication you need.

Forbidden Fruit Caregiving is a collective of State Certified Medical Marijuana Growers and Patients.

Also helping Local patients that are without a primary caregiver, and local Caregivers without patients.

I will come to your Private residence for DISCREET and CONFIDENTIAL consultation.

Thank you

231-633-1604

SERVING NORTHERN MICHIGAN!!!

wtf once again how can you be a C.G IN mi w/o a patient!!!!

BLUE MOON CAREGIVING

Visiting on a Vaction from one of the other 13 Medical Marijuana States? Michigan accepts legal documention from other states. With no primary caregiver set up, Blue Moon Caregiving is there to help you aquire the medication you need.

Also helping Local patients that are still without a primary caregiver, and local Caregivers without patients.

Also looking for experienced growers who have unusable overages that woud like to help the collective.

Thank you

269-420-0734

one of you mods have to be following me! arent these adds ? seems strange tWo peeps trying to dump there duff on the same thread same sales pitch, and same folks who want to sell to c.g w/o patients, why dont you all just write WEED FOR SALE! TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS IT!!!

one of you mods have to be following me! arent these adds ? seems strange tWo peeps trying to dump there duff on the same thread same sales pitch, and same folks who want to sell to c.g w/o patients, why dont you all just write :

WEED FOR SALE! TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS IT!!!

Im Trying the Best I can Jim....

This is Not Easy ...

Please Report the Poster ... :thumbsu:

There is a Button at the bottom of their post

caution-sign.jpg

Click Button ....

A thing will come up for you to Let a Mod Know ...

Please remember i sold my Crystal Ball

cjsmballani_e0.gif

To Buy my Grow Room Lights... LOL

DON'T FORGET ...I'm Watching You :watching:

How I operate is under section E of MCL 333.26424

check it out

We as primary caregivers are sharing small overages with the community of patients. Same goes for forbidden i'm sure.

Trust us there is need for places like blue moon and other dispensaries. And the main reason is overages.

Overages stack up fast if a patient is in the hospital or out of state. We take optimum quilty fresh meds straight from the LOCAL GROWERS, and by growers I mean over 30! With this intercommunication system no one is left without help and knowledge.

For more answers give me a call 231 420 3737

thanks

And also you have to remember northern michigan is a small place. :)

I figure we are pioneers and will fight back just like I hope you would too.

Also I thought this was a forum about northern michigan dispensaries. I may only deliver but I just wanted to let the community know about Blue Moon Caregiving.

Double also, I help caregivers w/o patients by getting them patients.

never argue syntax your all mixed up and don't know what to do. Don't flag me I was the original.

Archived