Seeings How

Patient from the state of michigan . How is it i was arrested and my property stolen Bye LEO. When in fact i broke no laws. Says right in the law

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

So how is it that they have my guns and grow op. When all the while i was i the spirt of the law. I met everyone of the standards set by the state and still got arrested and my property stolen. It just does not seem fair right or any thing in between. When They charge me with 14 years for MNF/Delivery of marijuana and a million dollar fine. I want my property back

So are you still in court? I think it is moo poo what they did to you. My trial starts May 11 I think I might have been the first to be busted in Michigan sense Dec 4 2008 I was busted Dec 18 2008 I don't expect to get my bunny muffin back.I take it they charged you with felony firearm also?

So are you still in court? I think it is moo poo what they did to you. My trial starts May 11 I think I might have been the first to be busted in Michigan sense Dec 4 2008 I was busted Dec 18 2008 I don't expect to get my bunny muffin back.I take it they charged you with felony firearm also?

having a hard time replying here.Yes they took the guns. But i broke no laws. Was within the state standards . Within the spirt of the law Judge gave 13 page oppinon on how i didnt break the law. But LEO still has my property . Its in the law why dont LEO learn to read. Took my medicine . I demand justice be served get a jury to say im guilty or give me my property back. Its all a stall game now . They dont want to admit their wrong doing so they stall to see if im going to die of some exotic illness. Wants his property back

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

Patient from the state of michigan . How is it i was arrested and my property stolen Bye LEO. When in fact i broke no laws. Says right in the law

So how is it that they have my guns and grow op. When all the while i was i the spirt of the law. I met everyone of the standards set by the state and still got arrested and my property stolen. It just does not seem fair right or any thing in between. When They charge me with 14 years for MNF/Delivery of marijuana and a million dollar fine. I want my property back

That's a good question. How DO they have your property? Have you recieved a legal answer?

Pure speculation. Maybe the guns and marijuana at a same location triggered a possible Federal investigation for Federal charges. There are harsh minimums Federally for having guns and drugs co-mingled at a same location. The old rule goes, if you grow, don't have guns. Guns and drugs is Fed territory.

Maybe they're holding it until they see what they're going to do? Let us know what happens and if you find any answers.

I dont know if this helps you or not, if you had a lawyer and you are done with the case, tell him or her you want your property back, I told my attny this and he told me flat out that they destroy the evidence after the case,,I think I was being bull sheeted too! I think you can post a bond and have a hearing to get your property back. not sure of the rite procedure, why not call matt able and see what he says about it,

sorry for asking did you actualy have the plastic card at the time or the paperwork? (not that that should matter but in alot of cases it has, mine being one of them)Its kinda like when you get caught drunk driving and they take your vehicle, you have to put money down to fight them in court, and there is no garauntee that you will win! I hope and pray you get all back that is yours!

Best of luck to you, if matt dont do it, call lee free, lol couldnt help it good meds this morning and kids finaly back in skewl!!!

That's a good question. How DO they have your property? Have you recieved a legal answer?

Pure speculation. Maybe the guns and marijuana at a same location triggered a possible Federal investigation for Federal charges. There are harsh minimums Federally for having guns and drugs co-mingled at a same location. The old rule goes, if you grow, don't have guns. Guns and drugs is Fed territory.

Maybe they're holding it until they see what they're going to do? Let us know what happens and if you find any answers.

I dont know if this helps you or not, if you had a lawyer and you are done with the case, tell him or her you want your property back, I told my attny this and he told me flat out that they destroy the evidence after the case,,I think I was being bull sheeted too! I think you can post a bond and have a hearing to get your property back. not sure of the rite procedure, why not call matt able and see what he says about it,

sorry for asking did you actualy have the plastic card at the time or the paperwork? (not that that should matter but in alot of cases it has, mine being one of them)Its kinda like when you get caught drunk driving and they take your vehicle, you have to put money down to fight them in court, and there is no garauntee that you will win! I hope and pray you get all back that is yours!

Best of luck to you, if matt dont do it, call lee free, lol couldnt help it good meds this morning and kids finaly back in skewl!!!

Kingpinn what county and court are you in? I am furious about sh$t like this! I sincerely hope you are compensated monetarily if they have destroyed your weapons already and all of you grow equipment is returned in the same condition it was stolen from you.

This was brought to our attention at the bi-weekly community watch meeting since the victims grandson lives in our neighborhood. We had an issue over this past weekend here in Clinton Township when an older couple were pulled over for speeding and the LEO smelled marijuana.

He drew down on the couple and called for an additional car to back him up then went through the whole felony stop routine; get out, and lay down, yadda, yadda.

The car was searched and a dog was brought out also to search for any "hidden drugs" according to the LEO.

Both showed their cards and the amount was only one ounce and was in the back seat (trunk is best) they were given sobriety tests and passed and the LEO did return their meds to them after about a 45 minute ordeal.

The LEO should of asked for the cards first instead of threatening them with lethal force and having two disabled people get out and lay on the ground is demeaning. (and yes I know its a control method used by LEO.)

LEO has to get it through their indoctrinated thick skulls that for many in this state marijuana is legal to use and posses. They need to figure out another approach when they do smell marijuana in a car, truck whatever instead of the same ol' starsky and hutch crap.

Kingpinn what county and court are you in? I am furious about sh$t like this! I sincerely hope you are compensated monetarily if they have destroyed your weapons already and all of you grow equipment is returned in the same condition it was stolen from you.

This was brought to our attention at the bi-weekly community watch meeting since the victims grandson lives in our neighborhood. We had an issue over this past weekend here in Clinton Township when an older couple were pulled over for speeding and the LEO smelled marijuana.

He drew down on the couple and called for an additional car to back him up then went through the whole felony stop routine; get out, and lay down, yadda, yadda.

The car was searched and a dog was brought out also to search for any "hidden drugs" according to the LEO.

Both showed their cards and the amount was only one ounce and was in the back seat (trunk is best) they were given sobriety tests and passed and the LEO did return their meds to them after about a 45 minute ordeal.

The LEO should of asked for the cards first instead of threatening them with lethal force and having two disabled people get out and lay on the ground is demeaning. (and yes I know its a control method used by LEO.)

LEO has to get it through their indoctrinated thick skulls that for many in this state marijuana is legal to use and posses. They need to figure out another approach when they do smell marijuana in a car, truck whatever instead of the same ol' starsky and hutch crap.

Thanks Glen Im in Shiawassee Co Owosso . P A is Randy Colbry. The Hit & Run Man. Case has been tossed out bye a circuit judge . But this Guy dont want to say he was wrong. Taking it to appeals court when all the while i never broke a law. But my civil rights where very much violated. Feel RAPED

Thanks Glen Im in Shiawassee Co Owosso . P A is Randy Colbry. The Hit & Run Man. Case has been tossed out bye a circuit judge . But this Guy dont want to say he was wrong. Taking it to appeals court when all the while i never broke a law. But my civil rights where very much violated. Feel RAPED

i hope you get your stuff back did you post bond on your stuff? because when are case got dismissed are Lawyer told me to go down and get are stuff so i did 531$ that they took but nothing else i would ask Matt the main thing here is if you posted a bond and if you did i would go down a get your stuff

KP, I feel ya bro. I felt the same way, sorta still do. I gave up my glock + $150 bs fine for unregistered firearm. Also 7 grams o shwagg and a cheap vape, a night in jail half a dozen court days, fingerprinting, etc. Oh yeah think I dropped around 5-6k altogethre for the atty.

Else continue on with their insanity, let your pride take the hit, your peace of mind will be worth it. Remember you won your case, enjoy your freeedom now. Seems they will have to return all our stuff once this gets to Appeals or Supreme Court. These PAs are unbelievable in their audacity to misinterpret the law. It's trully a crime the way they can get away with their illegal bunny muffin.

Hopeless. wish id never gotten involved pain in the donkey thats all this law has been from the outset. People stand bye til it happens to them. Jellyfish comes to mind. Spineless jellyfish

I hear ya! I have had more problems since becoming legal with weed than I ever did,,what is up do they just want to phaq with us legal people now or what? I mean I totaly support full legalization of marijuana, weed, hemp, cannabiss, etc

Im just going to vote and do what i can, but im staying under ground legaly. lol

I hear ya! I have had more problems since becoming legal with weed than I ever did,,what is up do they just want to phaq with us legal people now or what? I mean I totaly support full legalization of marijuana, weed, hemp, cannabiss, etc

Im just going to vote and do what i can, but im staying under ground legaly. lol

thats funny :D

KP, I feel ya bro. I felt the same way, sorta still do. I gave up my glock + $150 bs fine for unregistered firearm. Also 7 grams o shwagg and a cheap vape, a night in jail half a dozen court days, fingerprinting, etc. Oh yeah think I dropped around 5-6k altogethre for the atty.

Else continue on with their insanity, let your pride take the hit, your peace of mind will be worth it. Remember you won your case, enjoy your freeedom now. Seems they will have to return all our stuff once this gets to Appeals or Supreme Court. These PAs are unbelievable in their audacity to misinterpret the law. It's trully a crime the way they can get away with their illegal bunny muffin.

that is true what he is saying why do they put you/us though all of this remember it's Medical Marihuana thats going to the supreme court not us it's just what i think

I wish one of the legal eagles of the mmj world would stop by.

I am under the distinct impression that anything seized is kept if you are convicted and destroyed after the case is dead and there is no chance for appeal.

If on the other hand you are not guilty they must return all that they took from you pronto and in the same condition that they found it or you may pursue reimbursement from them/their insurance co.

Give your attorney a call and then you all may wish to get together and ask the ACLU to represent you in getting your goods back. I think there is a good chance they might look fondly upon the case if you wish to whip those who caused you shame. If, as the fellow in Royal Oak chose, you desire a monetary spanking you will need to pursue that with your private attorney. Seems to me the person who originally handled the case "might" have some responsibility there.

Good luck all.

solabeirtan said " Seems they will have to return all our stuff once this gets to Appeals or Supreme Court. "

This should be on a case by case basis. -- getting your stuff back that is. As soon as your individual case is finished AND you are found not guilty you should get your stuff back asap,

that is true what he is saying why do they put you/us though all of this remember it's Medical Marihuana thats going to the supreme court not us it's just what i think

I can just picture them dragging my poor old mom out like that and it makes me so angry. Not sure exactly what I would do if she were ever put in the position of assuming the position or worse, made to lay on the ground, till they got their bunny muffin together. OOOOH! angry.gif

first off every one should just stop talking about guns lets not make an issue and i agree this should not be an issue if all is legal. lets look at it like this you go to a doctor to get approval for mmj you go to a doctor to get narcotics wich every time a doctor gives you a script for narcotics there is a little number on the script with the letters DEA just before it. now if you own a gun legaly the states knows about it and so do the feds so whats the seperating point. narcotics are in my opion just as mind altering as any thing els out there so when i started seeing the pill pushers why were the feds and the leo not kicking down my door i was getting 120 vicodin every 20 days between two doctors that alone should have threw up a flag im glad it didnt but until things are cleared up between us and leo we need to be carefull. watch out for each other GROW AWAY BE SAFE AND BEE LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived