Best Method To Ship To My Patient

pharmerdan

I am completing my first grow, my patient lives 4 hours away and was wondering about shipping via UPS or FedEX. Im pretty sure it's not legal but is there much if any risk in shipping meds to patients?

Just my two cents here:

If the mail is not crossing state lines, then what is the problem? Do both of you have your cards from MDCH/MMP?

It might be illegal - but it shouldn't be.

Im gonna send you a pm! wrong question to ask on here unless you want leo to answer it for you and intercept your package! and than you may be the next case setting precedence!

Peace!

Don't do it. Just my opionion. Your taking a big risk and possibility of losing your mm privledges.

There is an element of risk no matter what your delivery method.

I have researched this, and this is my conclusion:

(1) UPS or FEDX, being they are private companies.

(2) Obtain a mail box from one of these carriers that contain a street address, not a PO BOX.

(3) Request your patient to acquire the same.

(4) Send Package vacuum sealed in black plastic.

(5) Create a dummy Co name with your mail box address. Example: "Novelty creations incorporated".

(6) With shipment, contain an invoice of your patients information.

(7) Tell no one.

The law is 9/10 intent, and the delivery can only be received and opened by the patient in this manner.

In the event of an interception, you are able to easily prove to the court your intention of a legal delivery.

I am completing my first grow, my patient lives 4 hours away and was wondering about shipping via UPS or FedEX. Im pretty sure it's not legal but is there much if any risk in shipping meds to patients?

I don't know, what does your contract say? What did you discuss with your patient when you signed up?

• 1 month later...

DITTO!

DRIVE it their Once a month make him stock up give him a variety so he does not build up tolerance and or charge a delivery fee. Mail is not advised altho9gh I agree with it being in state and vacuum sealed and what not...just hike it to where he is or have him or someone drive them half way to meet you.

There is an element of risk no matter what your delivery method.

I have researched this, and this is my conclusion:

(1) UPS or FEDX, being they are private companies.

Dont forget, as a private company, technically while the "package" is in their possession, its theirs. UPS and FEDEX can open up any package they want, they consider the package to be theirs until they drop it off at the door. USPS however, is a government agency. They need go jump through a few hoops and get a warrant before they can open up any package. That being said.... I'd drive the 4 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

- 2 for saying by car just cause u dont like that its illigal to transfer thru the US mail look it up do some research see just how many people recived little orange cards with a D.E.A. stamp on them ya alot of people have goten away with it. its your choice but the safest method of delivery unless some laws change IS still BY CAR oh and here is a reason to give me a negitive :jipo:

I don't know, what does your contract say? What did you discuss with your patient when you signed up?

WTF is with you idiots why did this post get rated down...Don't just randomly give people neg rep it is pointless and childish

Also I would avoid the usps if anything I would say fed ex but in all honesty that is taking a big risk the best bet is to just drive it or meet halfway.

Yeah I am pretty sure that being that federal law states that it is illegal to use mail services to send illegal drugs I would not do that.

BUT in this case they are not shipping Illeagal drugs, he said they had a card adn he has a card saying he can grow for them..So again is it Illeagal? I would think not.BUt then again i am not a cop,AND they make up rules as they go.

I'm 90% sure USPS will not ship drugs of any kind. I ship a lot and I have seen them turn people away when they mention that their box contains over the counter medications. I could not find that regulation on USPS website.

BUT in this case they are not shipping Illeagal drugs, he said they had a card adn he has a card saying he can grow for them..So again is it Illeagal? I would think not.BUt then again i am not a cop,AND they make up rules as they go.

Federal Law, Federal Agency..... No thanks!

Remember, your Dr's rec. is just for the State... Its still illegal on the Fed level.

I would not ship it via any of those.

I would go visit family for a good dinner every few weeks or take turns visiting each other.

Good luck, I think its great you are helping out a family member...

Federal Law, Federal Agency..... No thanks!

Remember, your Dr's rec. is just for the State... Its still illegal on the Fed level.

I would not ship it via any of those.

I would go visit family for a good dinner every few weeks or take turns visiting each other.

Good luck, I think its great you are helping out a family member...

exactly the best method is to drive it if not then u risk federal involvementand in there eyes it is still illegal

My other prescriptions come in the USPS through Walgreens mail order pharmacy. So why cant my medicinal marijuana come through the mail? I would use Fedex, track it and make sure it stays in the state.

My other prescriptions come in the USPS through Walgreens mail order pharmacy. So why cant my medicinal marijuana come through the mail? I would use Fedex, track it and make sure it stays in the state.

Because

1) Fed Ex employees will take it if they find it, I know too many people who have sent it via Fed Ex to only get an empty box or the box with the rest of the contents but not the medicine

2) Because Fed Ex is a Corporation and odds are they have a Corp policy which states they must notify LE if anything is found, now sa I said I do not know anyone thats had LE show up only their meds go missing but if the wrong guy at Fed Ex finds it he may call LE and why open yourself or your patient to unneeded visits/headaches/questions by LE?

Your other meds are prescriptions, this is not its a Dr's rec as it is still illegal on the federal books. I just think its wise to error on the side of caution.

But all that being said you would not be the first or last person I know to deliver this method.... Many do it on a regular basis with no problems.

Id be too paranoid to get anything shipped to me haha

Archived