Pickle Buckets

Yea but, should I be concerned at all about the prior contents of the bucket?

In general Yes, but these are food grade. A good cleaning and they wont hurt the plants. If i'm not mistaken, you can use vinegar to alter ph? I believe you can find a grow journal on Roll It Up dot Org using pickle buckets. How many can you get? Good Luck!

Stillscrewed...I would suggest that you take that 2 per week, then you can make some of them available to others in your area. This will be good for those of us who are indigent and can barely afford to pay attention, let alone buy all that is necessary to grow our own, properly. This is a fine chance for you to 'pay it forward'...

Peace...j.b.

Was offered a bunch of pickle buckets for free. The question is are they worth taking? If i was them out with bleach and water will they be safe to plant in or is it a possibility that the vinegar is to strong?

2 a week for the rest of my life.

Personally ' Stewedscrewed ' they work Great for water buckets

for my Dogs and have several good uses ...

And I know several growers that use plastic buckets that

have very successful grows w/ them ...

But i can honestly say that once you try one " SMART POT "

you 'll NEVER use a plastic bucket ever again ...

Yes their more money then a good old home depot plastic bucket

or in your case Free for Life ... Free is Always Good ...

But then again , I have No Experience w/ that Hempty Bucket thing ...

One Day i would really like to try that and compare it to my

Pro Mix BX Biofungicide ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hWmTpcFWws&feature=PlayList&p=81175E41A5...

Hope this helps ' Stewedscrewed '

there will ALWAYS be a need for food-grade 5 gallon buckets as long as there are growers. and at over $6 each w/ lid at lowe's or home depot, i say jump on em...... all of them. just bleach them and you will be 100% fine.

last summer i was in the market for 30 buckets. no easy task if you aren't uber-wealthy. $200 at the stores?? HELL NO! there is just something morally wrong with spending TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS on 30 empty buckets??

i ended up finding a kind soul on craig's list selling them for $1.50 each. it was WELL WORTH the one hour drive to get to him.

Moss, thank you very much i tried it both way i put some with water and vinegar and a few with just water to test the ph. No change in ph and the buckets with the backing soda in it still smell like sh%%, but they will work out just fine i presume. Thanks for the advice on how to deal with this. Gotta love this network.

Hey guys they still stink of Vinita so bad im nervous to use them. I scrubbed them with bleach. should i fill them with bleach and water? Oh and flying buddy as soon as i get my flower room full you can get full dibs.

The bleach is worse than the vinegar! Good Post though! Pickle buckets lol! does fan dibs trump full dibs?

I was a painter and dry wall hanger and finisher. used all of them buckets never had a problem, I usualy only washed them at the job site!!

The worse that can happen is u wind up selling a bunch on craigs list for 1.50 a peice!

Peace!

To get the smell out entirely you'll have to break the bonds the molecules have formed with the plastic container. To do that will require some nasty chemicals, and would degrade the plastic, making it way non-food grade. Technically by law, I think, a food grade rating only applies until something, usually food, comes into contact with the rated item. Then it's all dirty, so food grade is just a measurement of quality of new or reconditioned items. After all you've put them through, they should be clean enough to grow in. Just don't store drinking water in them lol.

I live near the Vlasic plant in Imlay City, been trying to get barrels forever. If you find them taking up too much space, please put me on the list too, I'd love to have some someday.

Best of luck.

To get the smell out entirely you'll have to break the bonds the molecules have formed with the plastic container. To do that will require some nasty chemicals, and would degrade the plastic, making it way non-food grade. Technically by law, I think, a food grade rating only applies until something, usually food, comes into contact with the rated item. Then it's all dirty, so food grade is just a measurement of quality of new or reconditioned items. After all you've put them through, they should be clean enough to grow in. Just don't store drinking water in them lol.

I live near the Vlasic plant in Imlay City, been trying to get barrels forever. If you find them taking up too much space, please put me on the list too, I'd love to have some someday.

Best of luck.

Thank you sir for your knowledge.

Your place is going to smell like cannabis and pickles. That is awesome. I say keep some pickles around for when you are medicated in your grow room and suddenly get a craving for pickles. Good luck.

mm and pickles? kinda sounds like a pregnant womans craving to me! laugh.gif

My wife works at a grocery store. Been using pickle buckets for awhile. Soaked in bleach/water for half a day & I've had no problems.

That's what my buddy told me too, after he read my stupid post about needing harsh chemicals.

He says to let 'em sit outside in the sun with the stuff in it too, the heat helps he said.

Archived