Don't Submit Your Paperwork With A Money Order

Well, after waiting two months, I decided to get some genetics. I have all my paperwork, receipt from the post office for the money order and mailing, returned stamped certified mail receipt from the state, and a postal money order receipt. The problem is that when I try to verify that my money order has been cashed, I get nowhere, no information, no nothing. So, what does that mean? Basically I am screwed until the state decides to send my hard card. To make a long story short, if your just applying, or sending the state money for anything, send a personal check that you can verify being cashed from your bank. Relying on the state not to screw it all up, is like relying on monkeys to drive the ambulance on your ride to the ER. I just wish I had known this before sending it in. Hopefully, someone out there will read this before they make the same mistake I did.

If you didn't receive a denial letter within 20 days of you sending the application into the state of Michigan, you are legal, under current statute..

From the MDCH:

Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified by mail.

(cutting to the point in the verbiage, slight paraphrasing)

Complete apps, change forms and re-submissions for previous denials are them processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is NOT received, then the application is deemed VALID. The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department.

Guest finallyfree09

i too used a money order and had no problems. where did you buy the money order? you should be able to go to the place where you bought the money order and get some answers. i got the phone number to the company that issued my money order and was able to find out what day it was cashed. a little more prodding and i am sure that they will send you confirmation that it was cashed. they might want a small fee but it is worth it's weight in gold if you ask me... won't be much considering a reciept weighs next to nothing! :P

Well, after waiting two months, I decided to get some genetics. I have all my paperwork, receipt from the post office for the money order and mailing, returned stamped certified mail receipt from the state, and a postal money order receipt. The problem is that when I try to verify that my money order has been cashed, I get nowhere, no information, no nothing. So, what does that mean? Basically I am screwed until the state decides to send my hard card. To make a long story short, if your just applying, or sending the state money for anything, send a personal check that you can verify being cashed from your bank. Relying on the state not to screw it all up, is like relying on monkeys to drive the ambulance on your ride to the ER. I just wish I had known this before sending it in. Hopefully, someone out there will read this before they make the same mistake I did.

I to sent a personal check for that very same reason...

and Anyone i help get certified i tell them to do the same ...

or at the very least go to the Bank or Credit Union and

get one of their cashier checks... Something that you

can get a photo copy of it , proving that it was sign and Cash...

I have heard others using post office money orders and you

really have to jump through alot of hoops to find out if it

was cashed ...

I think the Most Important piece of Paper that is a MOST is :

sending your application ceritied to the MDCH , so that they

have to sign / stamp it proving they received it...

That will be your proff that they received your application

and then they have 15 days to let you know if your denied or

there is a problem ...

I just tell everyone that after 21 bussiness days after you get

your Green Cerified Post Card back your good to go...

Of course i tell everyone to make several copies of the Entire

Application along w/ everything you sent them ...

Get a Copy of it for the car... a copy for the front door,

a copy for your Grow Room ... and keep the original copy in your

file cabinet or safe and one copy at a friends house , just in case...

Protect yourself at ALL TIMES .... and Always use Common Sense ...

You should be good to go ....

I used a postal money order from right here in town. Funny thing is, I went there today to get a confirmation on when it was cashed, they called a number and said, "There's no information on that." I was like WTF! I bought it here, here's my receipt, and here's the portion of the money order that is supposed to be your money order receipt. He says, "Yeah, weird, maybe it got lost or it hasn't been cashed yet." As I never got a denial letter, just assumed all was good. Sent it in on March 26, 2010, they got it and signed for it on March 29, 2010 and I have the certified mailing returned receipt that they stamped. But if you try to do anything without your hard card, some people will want proof that your payment was cashed. Which, you CAN NOT blame them, CYA is a good policy, especially with the nazi storm troopers running amuck. It just pisses me off that the darn post office, our lovely government, could fuk up a free orgasm. Just passing the word so no one ends up in this situation, it sucks... and not in a good way.

Money Gram all the way!

After checking our stats, we're even more pleased; How can you beat purchased, filled-out, sent, received, cashed and verified all within nine (9) days!?

Pretty Cooool, eh?

For the record, we also agree [along with millions of other patient-residents of Michigan / America]: "The SPIRIT" of "The AD," as designed to be administered by "The Letter" of the AD, clearly protects "unregistered" / "qualifying patients" from crimes against citizens that are - fearfully all too commonly - very un-compassionately committed by ultra unsocial [i.e.: loud, masked, weaponed, uniformed agents of government entities] as well.

Unfortunately for The Good Citizens of The State of Michigan, many paramilitary type agents of government entities ["public" and "Private"] tend to CHOOSE to IGNORE that significantly VITAL PROTECTION for Michigan's victims of bureaucratic oppression . . . but together, all across Michigan / America - we're ALL working on THAT, as we can see. : )

(On that note, hats-off to everyone! : )

Most "Qualifying Patients" we've either known or met over the years and decades, including those we've more recently met, or heard the opinions of and/or otherwise conversed or shared or discussed personal / popular views with are "opting out" of Big-Pharma-Government's "registration program"; Generally due to long-ingrained mistrust of commercial-minded, puppet-stringed politicians and their profit-eyed, sugar-daddy-war-bucks supporting international bankers. But, hey . . . anyway . . .

I guess I digress, eh?! . . .

: /

Be FREE!

And, Share the Faith, eh!?

; }

I used money order by money gram from my bank. I called the number on the stub and got the cashed date. If you wanted proof I think it was like 10 or 15 dollars to have it sent. Cashed mine on May 5 so I have a long wait ahead LOL

When I turned in my first card (April 6th) when we took the bus there and dropped it in a box in the lobby I had a $100 bill and no envelope to put the app in........The security guard gave me one and I stapled the bill to my app and put it in then dropped it in to the box...Talk about being nervous!.........HJ

OK

Here is the problem with the "paperwork is legal after 20 days"

How is it known the state did not send you a denial letter?

The cashed check is the only way they know the state actually accepted your application

short of having a card so the whole system is messed up.

OK

Not our problem. Except for when "they" decide to ignore the new law.

"They" have to learn to trust the public. And that is "their" problem. It is very difficult for "them" to do. It runs against the training programs ..

It is expected of them, in the law, to accept the paperwork as listed in the law itself.

If they do, is absolutely required of them in the law.

How they do that is their problem.

OK

The cashed check is the only way they know the state actually accepted your application

short of having a card so the whole system is messed up.

Well, that's not true. I sent my certified mail and have the stamped receipt that they infact did accept my application. However, without being able to verify when or if my postal money order was cashed, I'm fk'd. No denial letter, all my receipts and paperwork in hand, but without knowing when/if they cashed my money order, I'm paranoid all over again. I guess expecting the state or the government to do their job is just expecting a bit too much.

Well, that's not true. I sent my certified mail and have the stamped receipt that they infact did accept my application. However, without being able to verify when or if my postal money order was cashed, I'm fk'd. No denial letter, all my receipts and paperwork in hand, but without knowing when/if they cashed my money order, I'm paranoid all over again. I guess expecting the state or the government to do their job is just expecting a bit too much.

Doesnt your money order at least have like a 10 digit code plus 1800 number to call and see it its been cashed? With my first money order it was blank, but it had an 9 or 11 digit code that i could punch into a teller on the phone and it would tell me the status.

No number to call, but yes it has a serial number on the little portion you retain for your records. I will never, ever, buy or use another postal money order as long as I live. I have to go up the the post office again, and fill out an Inquiry form 6401 for a fee. Too bad the idiots up there didn't tell me that yesterday. But again, I'm probably expecting too much.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so to update: I had to pay a few extra bucks and have the USPS put a trace on the money order. Without filing this paperwork there is no way to get a photocopied receipt of the cashed money order from the post office. It took some time, but I finally got the copy of the cashed money order yesterday in the mail. Still no card, but atleast I have proof that it was cashed by the state. What's up with the new emote's?? :donkey: LMAO!! Ok so the A$$ emote doesn't work! lol

If you didn't receive a denial letter within 20 days of you sending the application into the state of Michigan, you are legal, under current statute..

From the MDCH:

Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified by mail.

(cutting to the point in the verbiage, slight paraphrasing)

Complete apps, change forms and re-submissions for previous denials are them processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is NOT received, then the application is deemed VALID. The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department.

21 days ur good holmes..!

Archived