Bond $500,000.00

Dear All,

Serious. Real Serious, if you have a compassion, smokers club, or other such

building, I would think real hard if you want to open after this!!

Rev. Wayne DAGAT the owner of Smoker's Club is Williamston, MI,

bond on 5 Felony Marijuana Charges was set at : $500,000.00.

HALF-MILLION DOLLARS IN LANSING, MICHIGAN :

IS UNHEARD OF FOR NON-VIOLENT MARIJUANA CHARGES.

HE IS INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.

IT IS OUTRAGEOUS AS NO ONE CAN HELP HIM.

IT IS EQUAL TO NO BOND.

Better make sure you want to risk all if you have a Compassion Club or other such Organization.

Murph

They are obviously trying to get the rest of the owners of these types of establishments to run away scared and shut their doors. I SAY FIGHT!! Don't let them run us off. I think that before these shops opened up they should have already weighed the risk and realized that the odds were against them. Let's not let his sacrifice go in vein, but stand up for the very rights he was. I know it's easy for me to say when I am not an owner of one of these shops, but I am currently in an Affirmative Defense case of my own and am not willing to admit to a criminal act when I am a PATIENT.

I wish him the best of luck with his case and my thoughts and prayers will be w/ him!

Wow 500,000 dollars is pretty high. But i believe you only need to post 10% , but that is still 50,000 dollars! Crazy

Yes if you use a bondsmen you only ("only" yeah) need $50k cash, but still need $500,000.00 in collateral otherwise

they will not bond.....I was starting a fund to bond him out, but soon as this number came through it was out of my,

and like 99% of everybodies ballpark....

The Judge obviously is a little nuts as this is equal to NO BOND, something prohibited under the Constitution (guess they never

heard of the US Const.).

One last thing -- IMHO you MUST apply to the State as a Caregiver/Patient to transfer any amount of marjuana, and BOTH PARTIES MUST have the card

in your possession. This takes months, has fees and forms. No way around it the way the Initiative is written, soooo, unless someone knows something

I do not, ALL "compassion" clubs are in a grey area...certainly something that could be argued and I would argue it fiercely, BUT the person with their

life and property on the line is the one risking it all......is it worth this??? KEEP IT PRIVATE. DO NOT GO TO DISPENSARY AS THIS IS NOT CALIFORNIA,

AND OUR LAW REALLY DOES NOT TOUCH ON THIS ISSUE---Walking into a club and making a transfer of MJ after signing some form is really pushing it

and Wayne DAGAT found out the hard way.....do not risk it, keep it private behind closed doors....

This is priavate stuff and they have been arresting people for it for 100 yrs now. NOT TO MENTION 50% OF ALL ARRESTS ARE MARIJUANA RELATED,

SO THIS IS A REAL THREAT TO JOBS OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AS IF IT 80% OF PEOPLE GET THEIR CARDS THAT IS A MARKED DECREASE IN ARRESTS

AND INCARCERATION (AT A TIMETHE GOV IS LOOKING TO CUT BUDGETS ANYWAY) SO THEY (LEO) WILL FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL TO GET A APPELLATE

DECISION THAT LEANS TOWARDS THE STRICTER STANDARD....WE NEED TO BE EQUALLY ZEALOUS IN FUNDING AN APPEAL TO MAKE SURE THAT DOES

NOT HAPPEN.....

LETS STOP BICKERING AND START WORKING TOGETHER OR THEY (THEY BEING LAW ENFORCEMENET OFFICERS=LEO) WILL CUT US TO PIECES. DONATE

TO NORML, WE NEED JUST A COUPLE BUCKS FROM 10, 000 PEOPLE AND WE WILL TAKE IT TO THE MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT>.....WILL SET UP ACCOUNT

SOON AS STEVE RETURNS FROM TRIP AFTER WEEKEND>....

Murph

Jaxnorml@yahoo.com

Yes if you use a bondsmen you only ("only" yeah) need $50k cash, but still need $500,000.00 in collateral otherwise

they will not bond.....I was starting a fund to bond him out, but soon as this number came through it was out of my,

The Judge obviously is a little nuts as this is equal to NO BOND, something prohibited under the Constitution (guess they never

heard of the US Const.).

One last thing -- IMHO you MUST apply to the State as a Caregiver/Patient to transfer any amount of marjuana, and BOTH PARTIES MUST have the card

in your possession. This takes months, has fees and forms. No way around it the way the Initiative is written, soooo, unless someone knows something

I do not, ALL "compassion" clubs are in a grey area...certainly something that could be argued and I would argue it fiercely, BUT the person with their

life and property on the line is the one risking it all......is it worth this??? KEEP IT PRIVATE. DO NOT GO TO DISPENSARY AS THIS IS NOT CALIFORNIA,

AND OUR LAW REALLY DOES NOT TOUCH ON THIS ISSUE---Walking into a club and making a transfer of MJ after signing some form is really pushing it

and Wayne DAGAT found out the hard way.....do not risk it, keep it private behind closed doors....

This is priavate stuff and they have been arresting people for it for 100 yrs now. NOT TO MENTION 50% OF ALL ARRESTS ARE MARIJUANA RELATED,

SO THIS IS A REAL THREAT TO JOBS OF LAW ENFORCEMENT AS IF IT 80% OF PEOPLE GET THEIR CARDS THAT IS A MARKED DECREASE IN ARRESTS

AND INCARCERATION (AT A TIMETHE GOV IS LOOKING TO CUT BUDGETS ANYWAY) SO THEY (LEO) WILL FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL TO GET A APPELLATE

DECISION THAT LEANS TOWARDS THE STRICTER STANDARD....WE NEED TO BE EQUALLY ZEALOUS IN FUNDING AN APPEAL TO MAKE SURE THAT DOES

NOT HAPPEN.....

LETS STOP BICKERING AND START WORKING TOGETHER OR THEY (THEY BEING LAW ENFORCEMENET OFFICERS=LEO) WILL CUT US TO PIECES. DONATE

TO NORML, WE NEED JUST A COUPLE BUCKS FROM 10, 000 PEOPLE AND WE WILL TAKE IT TO THE MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT>.....WILL SET UP ACCOUNT

Murph

Jaxnorml@yahoo.com

DO NOT GO TO DISPENSARY then were do we go if are Meds are not ready? don't take this the wrong way but some people grow their own and we run out some times

I'm all for dispensaries but LEO will be a little more skeptical now that somebody who moved to Michigan over a year ago to specifically to start a "Smoker's Club" got caught with nearly 150 lbs!

Wow 500,000 dollars is pretty high. But i believe you only need to post 10% , but that is still 50,000 dollars! Crazy

heard of the US Const.).

NOT HAPPEN.....

Murph

Jaxnorml@yahoo.com

not all cc have mm at their clubs

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue and defend common interests.[1] The right to freedom of association is recognized as a human right, a political freedom and a civil liberty.

Freedom of assembly and freedom of association may be used to distinguish between the freedom to assemble in public places and the freedom of joining an association. Freedom of assembly is often used in the context of the right to protest, while freedom of association is used in the context of labor rights and the right to collective bargaining, for example by joining a trade union. Freedom of assembly, as guaranteed in the Canadian Constitution and the Constitution of the United States, is interpreted to mean both the freedom to assemble and the freedom to join an association

It is our RIGHT. John

Compassionate or not, this guy had 100 pounds of cannabis in his possession. I repeat: 100 pounds!

That's a federal case if I've ever seen one. The only way that would be legal is if he was the contracted caregiver for 640 patients! lol

I'm sure I'll take some heat for this one, but the ol' Reverend is NOT helping our cause here.

This is NOT going to be a test case for compassion clubs or patient's clubs. This should be viewed as an un-desireable setback, by, from what I gather, someone that only moved to Michigan just recently.

Beat me up if you like, but this is NOT good.

I would like to point out, before you do, that the MSP left the plants they found, stating that they might belong to legal registered caregivers, only confiscated the 100 lbs belonging to the Reverend. I'd say that was pretty nice of them.

WOW

UF I appreciate you adding more info to this thread,

Not that I doubt you but I hope your info is wrong for his sake.....

If this is accurate Id like to hear what other think about this, I have to agree 100 pds does NOT look good in any way

Again I only know whats been here and I am sure there is MUCH more so I wont judge just say WOW I hope things work out for him

and I hope the info is wrong or there is a good reason behind it.

Good luck Rev!

Guest thequietone

I think if he had a 100 pounds he is screwed, blued and tattooed. There is no way a jury will ever fined that amount as medical, IMHO. Good Luck Rev. and I'll say a few prayers for you.

I'm all for dispensaries but LEO will be a little more skeptical now that somebody who moved to Michigan over a year ago to specifically to start a "Smoker's Club" got caught with nearly 150 lbs!

He had 150 POUNDS???

Mizerman

Well,Well..i was there after the "patient rally in Lansing" an month ago ...to see wht the place was all about.

Lets just say i donated for a couple grams an for a clone...never was asked for my CARD! An nether was the other 4 people that rode w me,that went in...

ya ask me ...got wht was coming!!

Sorry to say it...

Dear All,

Serious. Real Serious, if you have a compassion, smokers club, or other such

building, I would think real hard if you want to open after this!!

Rev. Wayne DAGAT the owner of Smoker's Club is Williamston, MI,

bond on 5 Felony Marijuana Charges was set at : $500,000.00.

HALF-MILLION DOLLARS IN LANSING, MICHIGAN :

IS UNHEARD OF FOR NON-VIOLENT MARIJUANA CHARGES.

HE IS INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.

IT IS OUTRAGEOUS AS NO ONE CAN HELP HIM.

IT IS EQUAL TO NO BOND.

Better make sure you want to risk all if you have a Compassion Club or other such Organization.

Murph

They were a smokers club,not a compassion club! They were testing the gray area an guess wht..it got chity...

Im for one ,AM NOT for dispensary's! They are money hunger fools trying to make it rich off of us sick people that have a hard time making a living in this chit hole state.

It is for sure time to tighten things...as a CC

Thank you Urban Farmer for posting how many of us feel. This community is not always the most gracious towards the conservative's application of the ACT. This guy had it coming for a long time and I hope those associated with him in illegal activity go down too.

Thank you Urban Farmer for posting how many of us feel. This community is not always the most gracious towards the conservative's application of the ACT.

No prob. I've noticed that, and I was kinda thinking that other might feel the same way but didn't want to speak up. I see your post has gotten a neg vote already lol. I don't want to make any enemies on this board, but if this is a democratic group then we all out to be able to speak our minds without fear of being beat down or ostracized, and have our opinions respected by those that don't agree with us.

Look, I think private smokers clubs should be allowed. (The post about VFW halls with liquor and a tank comes to mind, lol). I think the CC's should be allowed to exist. I'd like to see dispensaries exist. I'd like all the gray areas to be resolved in our favor, but there is a way to go about making that happen. Sure, some of us will have to push the envelope a bit to make that happen, but, anytime anyone pushes the envelope, esp to the extreme, we should expect leo to react, and we should not be surprised or get irate when they do, provided they do so with some compassion (like leaving the plants of caregivers, as was the case here, with the prosecutors approval).

I don't know this fellow. I presume he's a nice guy with good intentions (hopefully), but it sounds like he just kinda went about it the wrong way and went too far for leo to tolerate. The guy is also being charged with being an habitual offender. Bummer. That could be automatic time, and at his age, that really sucks.

Let's be reasonable. How many of us, whether a PT, a CG, CC leader, or dispensary owner, are likely to have close to 100lbs of cannabis in our home? I don't view this as an appropriate test case. I view this as someone that went so far that they made themselves a target.

Unfortunate all around. This really could have been an excellent test case in quite a few areas.

Im for one ,AM NOT for dispensary's! They are money hunger fools trying to make it rich off of us sick people that have a hard time making a living in this chit hole state.

I hear ya, but there ARE other models of a dispensary. Ones that really put patient's medical needs first and foremost. We just haven't seen too many of them, and certainly none yet here in Michigan

(I know, off thread topic lol. sorry)

I was recently told by a patient/cg that one of the dispensaries is buying meds for $4400 per pound. I wonder if the judge who set the bail at $500,000 was thinking that anyone who can come up with nearly 1/2 million in weed can post $50,000 for his bond? I have a hard time believing that his 100 pounds of weed originated in Michigan. I wonder what cartel made money off this guy and what criminal activities were funded by this.

Compassionate or not, this guy had 100 pounds of cannabis in his possession. I repeat: 100 pounds!

That's a federal case if I've ever seen one. The only way that would be legal is if he was the contracted caregiver for 640 patients! lol

I'm sure I'll take some heat for this one, but the ol' Reverend is NOT helping our cause here.

This is NOT going to be a test case for compassion clubs or patient's clubs. This should be viewed as an un-desireable setback, by, from what I gather, someone that only moved to Michigan just recently.

Beat me up if you like, but this is NOT good.

I would like to point out, before you do, that the MSP left the plants they found, stating that they might belong to legal registered caregivers, only confiscated the 100 lbs belonging to the Reverend. I'd say that was pretty nice of them.

This had nothing to do with the legality of the club, the guy is a crook and makes us as a community look bad. Bet that 100 lbs cam right from our boys in mexico, support the cartels! The faster we weed these cons out the better as far as I am concerned. Too bad this has to effect the patients in the area. Heres the article, read for yourselves.

Club Raid Not a Test Case

No prob. I've noticed that, and I was kinda thinking that other might feel the same way but didn't want to speak up. I see your post has gotten a neg vote already lol. I don't want to make any enemies on this board, but if this is a democratic group then we all out to be able to speak our minds without fear of being beat down or ostracized, and have our opinions respected by those that don't agree with us.

Look, I think private smokers clubs should be allowed. (The post about VFW halls with liquor and a tank comes to mind, lol). I think the CC's should be allowed to exist. I'd like to see dispensaries exist. I'd like all the gray areas to be resolved in our favor, but there is a way to go about making that happen. Sure, some of us will have to push the envelope a bit to make that happen, but, anytime anyone pushes the envelope, esp to the extreme, we should expect leo to react, and we should not be surprised or get irate when they do, provided they do so with some compassion (like leaving the plants of caregivers, as was the case here, with the prosecutors approval).

I don't know this fellow. I presume he's a nice guy with good intentions (hopefully), but it sounds like he just kinda went about it the wrong way and went too far for leo to tolerate. The guy is also being charged with being an habitual offender. Bummer. That could be automatic time, and at his age, that really sucks.

Let's be reasonable. How many of us, whether a PT, a CG, CC leader, or dispensary owner, are likely to have close to 100lbs of cannabis in our home? I don't view this as an appropriate test case. I view this as someone that went so far that they made themselves a target.

Unfortunate all around. This really could have been an excellent test case in quite a few areas.

This community previously slammed me for coming down on a certain doctor's office standard of behavior; the same doctor connected to this Sonnie/Rev. Wayne.

Archived