Does Law Enforcement Get A List?

No they do not have a list unless you gave permission on your application to inform local law enforcement. I know this being a public official in my community. I checked this out already.

Dizz

I think someone is lying to you Dizz! Of course they have a list! How else can they know who is legal and who is not without a list?? Only smart Leos have and use a list. Dumb ones who don't care don't use a list!! <_<

No Lists!

The only reason you check that box is so your address, and name are on your card. That way if you have an issue with LEO, they can verify that it IS your card, and not your grandma's. By referring to your ID as validating that it IS your card. Otherwise, all they have is a card with a number on it. And, they have to call the number between Mon and Fri 9am-5pm, to get verification as to whether that card is valid.

They WANT a list.......supposedly to make things easier on US. lol

I think someone is lying to you Dizz! Of course they have a list! How else can they know who is legal and who is not without a list?? Only smart Leos have and use a list. Dumb ones who don't care don't use a list!! <_<

Confused.......that is precisely LEO's complaint. They are walking around blind as to who is legal and who is not.

As Peanutbutter said. If their IS a list..........a crime against ALL on the list has been committed.

And, that my friends........would be ONE list that could make us ALL a bit of money!

Any one within the MDCH, that supplies any list of patients or caregivers to law enforcement, commits a crime.

They are supposed to be arrested and sent to jail.

Who is supposed to be arrested and sent to jail?? Having a list is NOT illegal!! You better hope if leo is looking at you, they HAVE a list unless you LIKE trouble!!! :D

Who is supposed to be arrested and sent to jail?? Having a list is NOT illegal!! You better hope if leo is looking at you, they HAVE a list unless you LIKE trouble!!! :D

Anyone other than the MDCH having a list of registered patients and caregivers is a violation of the medical marijuana law and yes you can be prosecuted for having this list its not suppose to be released to anyone only way LEO can verify your legal is by calling the MDCH and verifying your card #.

They don't have a list. currently if you get popped on a Friday night at say 8pm you will either spend the weekend in jail or be issues a violation depending on the amount you have on you at the time UNTIL LEO can verify on Monday morning that you are a legal card carrying patient or caregiver. I got this straight from our police department when I was afraid they would discover my name as a MM patient at election time.They are upset that they cannot verify who is legal or not right now.

Dizz

Confused.......that is precisely LEO's complaint. They are walking around blind as to who is legal and who is not.

As Peanutbutter said. If their IS a list..........a crime against ALL on the list has been committed.

And, that my friends........would be ONE list that could make us ALL a bit of money!

I hate to sound stupid but how could the list make us ALL money?? NO crimes have been committed by having a list and it could save your donkey a lot of trouble.

Confused........I should say so!

LOL

They CANNOT have a list. It is against HIPPA. If there is a list, and there are PATIENTS on the list, their PROTECTED medical information has been violated. A lawsuit would then make any of the people on that list some $.

Which is precisely why their is a NUMBER issued on everyones cards. THAT is how they verify. You can CHOOSE to let your name be attached to that number (by checking the box) or you can choose to NOT have your name associated with the number (by not checking the box). Either way, the ONLY list there is ANYWHERE is with MDCH.

They don't have a list. currently if you get popped on a Friday night at say 8pm you will either spend the weekend in jail or be issues a violation depending on the amount you have on you at the time UNTIL LEO can verify on Monday morning that you are a legal card carrying patient or caregiver. I got this straight from our police department when I was afraid they would discover my name as a MM patient at election time.They are upset that they cannot verify who is legal or not right now.

Dizz

Well, I sure don't blame them for being upset IF that is true!! Although I know it is NOT true. Someone is still lying to you. Tell them to stop it and get with the program. A list is only for our benifit nothing else. I know I'm on the list cuz I told them to put me on it so I won't be hasseled for God's sake!! ;)

Confused........I should say so!

LOL

They CANNOT have a list. It is against HIPPA. If there is a list, and there are PATIENTS on the list, their PROTECTED medical information has been violated. A lawsuit would then make any of the people on that list some $.

Which is precisely why their is a NUMBER issued on everyones cards. THAT is how they verify. You can CHOOSE to let your name be attached to that number (by checking the box) or you can choose to NOT have your name associated with the number (by not checking the box). Either way, the ONLY list there is ANYWHERE is with MDCH.

Who came up with that B.S.? I don't believe it!! That sounds like a nightmare to me!!!!! :growl:

I have to agree with Irishgreen, as far as I know the only list is the one that MDCH has and it would be a HIPPA violation for LEO to have direct access to that list. All they can do is call the number and see if your name and card number are in the system. They do NOT have access to a list that they can just look through and see who all in michigan has their cards. This way they cannot target us.

Peace

Anyone other than the MDCH having a list of registered patients and caregivers is a violation of the medical marijuana law and yes you can be prosecuted for having this list its not suppose to be released to anyone only way LEO can verify your legal is by calling the MDCH and verifying your card #.

B.S. Tell that to the FBI LOL

Well, Confused it is obvious after several people telling you the exact same thing that you DON'T want to hear it.

Yes, SOME LEO have asked for people to come down and perhaps VOLUNTARILY put themselves on THEIR list they MAY have going at individual precinct levels or something...........But, there IS NO MASTER LIST OF MMMP registrants.

If there were............we the people, would have a MAJOR law suit!

You guys are arguing with the guy that said lysol is good to clean pipes and bongs with... Its pointless he's narrowminded and stubborn and very confused about just about any topic he talks about. Its in the state law that law enforcement can't have a list, they can only call and verify based off an id number.

By the way.........I keep writing HIPPA.......It's HIPAA..........sorry! :rolleyes:

Also, I'm done trying to explain it.

If he wants to think there is a Master list, then fine.

I just hope he doesn't convince others of his distorted opinion!

lol... I feel your pain. I'm confident my name is not on a list. not that one anyway......

the VA just got sued for having a list like this stolen & I guarantee someone lost there job & maybe worse.

lists like this can't exist in secret if more than 2 people know. You think Leo could keep a list like this a secret. earlier poster gives them too much credit.

And we don't want any lists. They would do anything but protect us.

By the way.........I keep writing HIPPA.......It's HIPAA..........sorry! :rolleyes:

Also, I'm done trying to explain it.

If he wants to think there is a Master list, then fine.

I just hope he doesn't convince others of his distorted opinion!

He'll try, he's been trying really hard to get people to use lysol to clean their glass...

If I'm following this thread correctly, the OP was wondering if the state notified area authorities if there is a registered patient or caregiver in their area, much as they would a registered sex offender.

I get the impression this is where Confused is becoming....well, confused, in not recognizing the difference between a list floating around for just anyone to see, and a list that can be accessed by proper authorities in a given situation.

To be fair, there must certainly be a list, just as there is an accessible list of who is receiving controlled drug prescriptions in the state of Michgan (Michigan Automated Prescription System). I have no knowlege of who can access the former, but the latter is only supposed to be utilized in the course of a legitimate investigation.

Of course, LEOs aren't supposed to run backround checks on anyone unless in the course of a legitimate investigation, either.

Archived