Tons Of Red Hairs And No Trics?

vender

Hello all, I am growing Black Jack. I am getting a ton of red hairs that are falling off and no smell no trichs. I grew this same plant before and it was covered with trics. The only thing I changed was I had to use Cal/Mg. Now I have read this could be the reason?? Any ideas? I got a 600w HPS in a 2x2 box so this should be more than enough light. Plenty of air flow. Also how the hell do people get those rock hard buds? My buds look tight on the plant but when I dry they get airy. Thanks.

Could be many things, pics always help nail these things down, so take a few if you can and post them up. Temp and strain could be factors of airy or tight buds. Is this a direct clone of the one you grew before? Or is it from the same seed batch? Why did you add the cal/mg this round? What's your average temps run between the plants and the light? If nothing else, this post will bump your thread and get some more grow seasoned vets in here. :)

lol welcome back bro! I like to veg longer when i have the time, than go to budd you get alot more, and the center colas are usualy the hardest on mine, the lower ones are a lil airy but I make sure i cure them long enough, and they tighten up!

Free the Weed!

Peace!

Jim

I had a cal deficiency for some reason. This plant is from the same seeds that I got from Nirvana. The temps range from 70-80 at 50-60% humidity. I will try to post pics but I dont think my account has anymore room. I read that the cal/mg promotes maturing in the plant. That kinda makes sense. Also I only used the cal/mg during veg for about a week.

Not to get off subject but Phenotype?? I see that alot. Is it simply variations from the same plants seeds? I will google it. But check this out, the same plant gave me 6 clones. Now some have trics, some grew like mad 2 feet and others 8 inches.

It is probably the variation from the seeds you purchased. Usually when we order these seeds from top breeders like Nirvana there still is only one or two keepers out of a ten pack. Are you using the Botanicare CalMag plus? Because if you are using this in an organic enivronment it will kill your microlife.

Not to get off subject but Phenotype?? I see that alot. Is it simply variations from the same plants seeds? I will google it. But check this out, the same plant gave me 6 clones. Now some have trics, some grew like mad 2 feet and others 8 inches.

yeah, im not going to get into a 20 page post about it right at the second, but as a breeder grows out and begins to stabilize a strain, phenotypes will become noticeable. one plant from the pack may have a fruity flavor, and another from the same pack may have a nutty flavor..... one may smell like pine and the other like horse poop :) you get the idea.

many of the commonly thought of "best" strains have 2 or 3 different phenotypes. so sometimes just getting your hands on a strain isn't accomplishing your goal 100% if its not the pheno you are after.

going back to your grow. the difference in clone height right now is surely due to the strength/age of each clone as it was cut. obviously if you are taking more than 2 clones off of a plant you must take them from more than one place. the more clones you take, the more places on the plant you are taking them from. a big thick clone stem it the beginning will take off and grow much quicker than a clone that started with a thinner stem.

I had a cal deficiency for some reason. This plant is from the same seeds that I got from Nirvana. The temps range from 70-80 at 50-60% humidity. I will try to post pics but I dont think my account has anymore room. I read that the cal/mg promotes maturing in the plant. That kinda makes sense. Also I only used the cal/mg during veg for about a week.

Nirvana? I wasn't aware they had a Black Jack??

I have Sweet Seeds Black Jack (Black Domina x Jack Herer)

and Sativa Seeds Black Jack (Black Domino, Jock Horror) both from Additude. Tried looking up any others, wasn't able to find?

Just wondering, I like to watch what other members are growing like myself and what problems they are experiencing.

Hello all, I am growing Black Jack. I am getting a ton of red hairs that are falling off and no smell no trichs. I grew this same plant before and it was covered with trics. The only thing I changed was I had to use Cal/Mg. Now I have read this could be the reason?? Any ideas? I got a 600w HPS in a 2x2 box so this should be more than enough light. Plenty of air flow. Also how the hell do people get those rock hard buds? My buds look tight on the plant but when I dry they get airy. Thanks.

i can help you am right down the road from you just send me a PM

It is probably the variation from the seeds you purchased. Usually when we order these seeds from top breeders like Nirvana there still is only one or two keepers out of a ten pack. Are you using the Botanicare CalMag plus? Because if you are using this in an organic enivronment it will kill your microlife.

I had no idea. I used Calmag plus a few times this organic grow but certainly havent noticed any negative effects. It seemed to take care of the deficiency and not hurt growth at all. Did I just get lucky?

No smell. Strange cause this same strain stunk the house up big the first time.

Jim I am back! I cure by hanging, brown bag, then glass jars. Still no tightening. I have seen people who just do the jar. How do you cure?

Hang and than just the jar bro, thats just me though, always works good for me!

Free The Weed!

Peace!

Jim

Archived