Case Dismissed

One year ago, 4th of July weekend, I along with hoards of travellers from all over was on my way to Rothbury Music Festival in Rothbury, MI. We were pulled over for speeding about a mile from the entrance on our way in. My friend driving was told by the officer that he could smell marijuana, but she doesn't smoke marijuana and denied any knowledge, so he asked me.

I gave the officer my marijuana (3.5 grams) and pipe and stated it was for personal medical use, however I did not have a doctor's recommendation. He told me he had no intention of arresting me thank to my honesty, however I not being a legal patient was breaking the law and a ticket would be issued.

A short while later the officer returned with some bad news, something about me being from out of county he couldn't issue a citation for possession and was to arrest me. He followed however with he had no intention of ruining my good time, I seemed like a good kid. So he took my info and told me he'd release a warrant for my arrest after rothbury and would call me when it was done.

In early August I called the county sheriff. Having heard no news I thought it best to double-check that I had no warrant. I was so relieved to hear there were no warrants for my arrest, but this wouldn't end it. In mid september 2009, I was attending another music festival, wuhnurth, in Muncie, Indiana. Midway thru the festival the officer that stopped us on the way to Rothbury called. A warrant had finally been issued 2 1/2 months after the incident.

Of course having no card or recommendation yet, I acted in fear of a 3rd offense misdemeanor possesion charge (would've become 3rd offense habitual offender felony) and ran for a while.

On March 10, 2010... I was given recommendation by my doctor to use medical mariijuana for back pain from a 7 yr old accident that has plagued me since. The next day I filed my application with the MDCH.

Recently I was in the wrong spot at the wrong time, an officer asked my name. Of course after running it, I was arrested on the warrant from Oceana County Sheriff's Dept. at this point I was taken to lansing municipal jail and waited til the next day for an oceana county sheriff to transfer me across the state. He was a kind bailiff for the court who stopped halfway to take off the cuffs, let me use my phone to get bail and even bought me subway as I was starving after the jail slop for a day. He also nicknamed me Marijuana Mikey, haha. As the incident getting me questioned also was marijuana related, as was the warrant and all we talked about was the new medical state in michgan.

After 3 hrs in Oceana County Jail, I was released on a 10% cash/surety bond with a full bail of 2500 dollars. My friends had driven far to pay 250 to get me out and also being medical users were ready for me and we found a safe place to medicate.

I went to my arraingement and pleaded not guilty. I was informed that I was still on bond and was not to consume drugs or alcohol except at doctors recommendation til the end of the case. Of course, I continued to use my medicine.

This past Tuesday was my drug assessment and pretrial conference. I didn't have to drop at the assessment, because I signed a form saying i'd knowingly ingested marijuana in the past 24 hrs at the recommendation of my doctor. A few hrs later in meeting with the assistant prosecuting attorney, I was told that he thought medical marijuana was a "crock of bunny muffin", but he wasn't about to goto trial with a jury of my peers and a lawyer and lose against me because the "people of this state, don't know what they're doing". He told me my case was dismissed. Of course this called for celebration and we did.

Today it's official, I received a package from oceana county sheriff on retrieving the bond, and a Motion/Order of Nolle Prosequi that's states:

The people of the State of Michigan v. <name removed for identity safety>

In the matter of

1 count possesion of marijuana

Motion: <name removed>, prosecuting official, moves for a nlle prosequi in this case for the following reason(s): THE INTERESTS OF JUSTICE DO NOT WARRANT FURTHER PROSECUTION OF THIS MATTER. THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROVISIONS PROHIBIT FURTHER PROSECUTION.

The judge signed the order and it's in my hand's now! A Free man at last! And I get the money back :)

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of this movement! Without you, I'd be in jail on habitual offender marijuana charges.

Seems i better get myself a place in Oceana Co.Hell i had a card broke no laws and Randy Colbry still is fighting this in the appeals court.15 months Randy why dont you Bunny muffin or get off the pot . And i dont mean weed. You have no case losser.

And a drunken losser at that i have never had a OUIL randy how about you ?? I have never Hit And Run either randy how about you ??. Im what you call a law biding citzen pays his taxs how about you randy you pay your taxes lately. 2.4 blood ach level aint that like sloppy drunk

I find the comments by the PA and the final comment on the discharge to be very interesting. The more that we can get LEO to realize that Jury Nullification is alive and well in Michigan, the better it is for all of us !

Seems i better get myself a place in Oceana Co.Hell i had a card broke no laws and Randy Colbry still is fighting this in the appeals court.15 months Randy why dont you Bunny muffin or get off the pot . And i don't mean weed. You have no case losser.

And a drunken losser at that i have never had a OUIL randy how about you ?? I have never Hit And Run either randy how about you ??. I'm what you call a law biding citizen pays his tax's how about you randy you pay your taxes lately. 2.4 blood ach level ain't that like sloppy drunk

i here you KP we are not the only ones on the battle field their are others your case i think is bigger then mine/ares because of the warrant if you win or should i say when you win you will be paving the the way for others

PEACE

Thing with my case bob is its a non issue should have never happened.ok they came to my door i showed them my paper work should have been END OF STORY. Rule 27. (1) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege,

What in rule 27 state where i get taken to appeals court and harrassed for 15 months. And get my property stolen. While the rest of the MMJ community stands by and watchs . Good clean fun i guess its not on their time. But hang in their Kingpinn your just the stooge( patsie) we need

Thing with my case bob is its a non issue should have never happened.ok they came to my door i showed them my paper work should have been END OF STORY. Rule 27. (1) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege,

What in rule 27 state where i get taken to appeals court and harrassed for 15 months. And get my property stolen. While the rest of the MMJ community stands by and watchs . Good clean fun i guess its not on their time. But hang in their Kingpinn your just the stooge( patsie) we need

i know i/we feel like that sometimes to thats why we go to all the protest that we can and the court rooms i tell are story every day

like i say to people Mich Medical Marihuana is in court it just has are name attached to it

Guest Medicinal Patient

Congrats CBL! Great outcome to a bad experience! Maybe there is hope! Its Independence Day and you are FREE! Yeah! :D:jig::thumbsu::goodjob::bbq::abe::)) !

Maybe your right PB maybe i should go cop a plea right.Coming from someone thats not being harrassed makes sence

You're not my stooge or patsey

You do whatever you need to. I'm sure that if you call the PA up he'll be happy to figure out something you could plead out to.

That way you won't be the patsey for folks to watch anymore and it'll all be over.

Dude .. I have three felony convictions so that folks like you would be able to fight through. All I had to do was delay the proceedings until after the election. And that was exactly what I instructed my lawyer to do.

Every one of my charges would have been dismissed today. Every one. Yet I still have to show up at the PO office to do my reporting.

I was expected to cop a plea by the folks that wanted a good election. No nasty medical marijuana court case while the election was going on.

So I coped a plea. So that people like you could win later.

You think you're my patsey?????

Archived