Tga Querkle Review

*I originally started a blog with this topic, but I decided I would finish my review here where it is more appropriate for viewing.

"My very first time growing with what I call designer seeds. I just chopped it down about an hour ago (this was back in April). So soon I will know all of the results, but for now... The buds were not very big nor did they turn purple. The plant seemed to want to turn purple but it never did.

A small sample test was done and it did have the fresh fruit smell and taste, and the sample was quite potent, but it does not seem to compare to some of my good ole bag seed strains."

078.jpg

*Here is the update:

Now that I have been able to try it out and see what she weighed in at, I am very happy with this strain. I underestimated it, the buds came out much heavier than what they appeared. I ended up getting 2.5 - 3 oz from one plant. Now that I have clones growing, they did not go streatch happy like the original that was grown from seed. The taste and the smell is strong fruit and sometimes grape. This plant is a keeper for sure. As for the potentcy, it is very strong, but it is a relaxed comfortable high. It is really enjoyable to smoke. I wouldn't say it is the most potent plant, but possibly the best. I also love the way the dried buds look. It didn't come out looking like other Querkle plants I saw online, but I am real happy with the way mine looked.

036.jpg040.jpg

I had a conversation with subcool, the breeder of the TGA line of strains. He recommended Deep Purple. He posted some sharp looking pics of that strain. Lots of purple in them. All of the TGA strains look real tasty. Here is a link to a TGA site and they show what seed companies NOT to buy their line from and the seed companies they do recommend to purchase from. There is also a lot of good information about their strains there too.

My link

Here is another pic of some dried querkel bud too :D

041-1.jpg:pic:

I've been growing his Vortex for close to 2 years.....I just popped some of the test beans he sent me that were named Dank #1 and are now called Dairy Queen...HJ

That's cool you got some test beans, Lucky!

That Vortex must be pretty good then if you've had it going for two years now. I have had my eye on that one, looks real nice.

How is the quantity at harvest? What type of effects does it give? I would like to know more about it, especially from a grower rather than an advertisement. I do plan on trying more of the TGA strains and Vortex is one I have been considering.

I have a strain that I got from some import bag seed that I have had going for about 5 years now. I haven't found anything more potent since. I call it 4-G. I don't think I will ever let go of it unless I find something much better. The Querkle is not as potent as my 4-G, but my patients like them both the same. I am wondering if it is because the Querkel gives a very comfortable, low anxiety type feeling when smoked but yet it is potent. Is that how Vortex is? I would really like to know more about that strain.

Thanks HJ, peace to you

GiGi

Can't wait to bud my Jack the Ripper plants. They are still little seedlings. I got 11/10 germination!

The Querkle looks wonderful.

Thanks man.

I am interested in Jack the Ripper too. Let me know how they come out. PM me if you like. I would really like to hear from growers before I invest into a new strain because I have at least 6 months into it before I harvest a new strain. Also, before I know for sure if a plant is worthy, I do take a clone or two just in case it is a keeper, but then I am stuck with them for the duration.

Any way, if you would please, keep us posted on the Jack the Ripper.

Vortex is a sativa based mix but it seems more of a well balanced blend that isn't too racy or too couch lock.....It works well as a daytime smoke or a before bed smoke for sleep.......I would say the harvest is on par with the Querkle you grew.......Below is a picture of the frosty goodness called Vortex...........HJ

DSCN5299.jpg

I have TGA's "Jilly Bean" and it's a keeper.

I made an accidental cross between Jilly Bean(Orange Velvet x Romulan x Space Queen) and a Mandala Seeds "Speed Queen"(Himachal Pradesh, North India with some New Zealand Purple, Landrace genetics) male and the F-2 seeds have 3 pheno's, a Fruity and Frosty plant much like the original Jilly Bean, a slightly taller Orange flavored plant and a Purple budded green leafed plant with a mild berry flavor. I named it Genesee Purple in honor of the Genesee Compassion Club. It turned out to be a great cross as all 3 pheno's make great medicine and finish's in 6.5-9 weeks!

TGA has some very good genetics. I've tried Vortex and Sputnik also.

Thanks man.

I am interested in Jack the Ripper too. Let me know how they come out. PM me if you like. I would really like to hear from growers before I invest into a new strain because I have at least 6 months into it before I harvest a new strain. Also, before I know for sure if a plant is worthy, I do take a clone or two just in case it is a keeper, but then I am stuck with them for the duration.

Any way, if you would please, keep us posted on the Jack the Ripper.

I will report on JTR for sure. I have some other exciting things on the horizon like Romulan and Sour Bubble, too. Definitely will be showing off the talent in the near future. May my efforts please the Goddess of Growing and may she bestow her Light of Ever-Loving Kindness upon my garden. :bow:

My caregiver grows mostly subcool seeds. I've tried Qleaner, Deep Purple, Third Dimension, and Agent Ryder (Agent Orange X Lowryder). They are all very good smoke. Third Dimension was my fav though very tropical fruity taste and smell, with a relaxed up high. The Qleaner was also very good, citrusy, both about 60/40 sativa heavy.

Vortex is a sativa based mix but it seems more of a well balanced blend that isn't too racy or too couch lock.....It works well as a daytime smoke or a before bed smoke for sleep.......I would say the harvest is on par with the Querkle you grew.......Below is a picture of the frosty goodness called Vortex...........HJ

DSCN5299.jpg

HYDROJACK your words are copied straight from the many clips on hempdepot.! original huh....lol..

Querkle was good smoke when I grew it but it did not make the cut because it did not purp up as claimed. I have several real purp strains...!

My caregiver grows mostly subcool seeds. I've tried Qleaner, Deep Purple, Third Dimension, and Agent Ryder (Agent Orange X Lowryder). They are all very good smoke. Third Dimension was my fav though very tropical fruity taste and smell, with a relaxed up high. The Qleaner was also very good, citrusy, both about 60/40 sativa heavy.

Which one did you like the best? Do you have a favorite?

What did you think of the Deep Purple? How was the taste and high?

I am interested in any information about the subcool strains.

Thanks

HYDROJACK your words are copied straight from the many clips on hempdepot.! original huh....lol..

Querkle was good smoke when I grew it but it did not make the cut because it did not purp up as claimed. I have several real purp strains...!

Dlovas, How did your dried querkle buds come out compared to mine on the appearance? I was originally expecting more purple too. Most of the pics I see online are a lot more purple.

HJ, you are right, I originally chose querkel for the bag appeal in color, I was just excited to get my first bag of purple mj, but after trying it out, it is a keeper no matter if it is purple or not. It really does taste like its appearance, fruity grape.

I have TGA's "Jilly Bean" and it's a keeper.

I made an accidental cross between Jilly Bean(Orange Velvet x Romulan x Space Queen) and a Mandala Seeds "Speed Queen"(Himachal Pradesh, North India with some New Zealand Purple, Landrace genetics) male and the F-2 seeds have 3 pheno's, a Fruity and Frosty plant much like the original Jilly Bean, a slightly taller Orange flavored plant and a Purple budded green leafed plant with a mild berry flavor. I named it Genesee Purple in honor of the Genesee Compassion Club. It turned out to be a great cross as all 3 pheno's make great medicine and finish's in 6.5-9 weeks!

TGA has some very good genetics. I've tried Vortex and Sputnik also.

I have been growing Apollo 13 for about 7 months now and its a keeper. Rotten fruit smell with the buds just absolutely loaded with resin.Great morning medicine, very up, motivating.I just wish Sub would continue his work on A-13,but the last i heard,he's all done with it. Hit me up at the club rbuck i am usually there on saturdays,love talking genetics.

I have been growing Apollo 13 for about 7 months now and its a keeper. Rotten fruit smell with the buds just absolutely loaded with resin.Great morning medicine, very up, motivating.I just wish Sub would continue his work on A-13,but the last i heard,he's all done with it. Hit me up at the club rbuck i am usually there on saturdays,love talking genetics.

Subcool won't release a pure Apollo13 because it's his breeding line. Besides, why do you want TGA A13 seeds when you have access to Tricloud Genetics A13? My A13 is better than SubCools would be anyway, I guarantee it.

Archived