Brandan's Perpetual Grow

Brandan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well took some advice from bubblegrower and am going to move the babies inside for part of the day so that they get atleast 18 hours.. Well where I have to put tgem inside( till room is done) is pretty warm.. I have them under a 35watt and a 40 watt Phillips cool white florescent :) have 2 fans in there to try to keep good circulation and hope to help with heat... It was 78 outside at 215 and in by plants it was 82 I don't want to hurt them.....

But I think I may have thrips... Very small yellowish worms on top and bottoms of some of the leaves.. Some small yellow spots also :( I went thru leaf by leaf and killed all the worm things I could find... Going to check them again tonight...any ideas on how to kill them all without hurting my plants??

If I only would have brought them in a day earlier....

8/12

So I checked the girls this morning and found another worm thing so I went out and bought "EcoSmart Organic Insecticide" it works on mites , thrips among other bugs..

So I just sprayed the girls down, hoping this will kill all those bugs.. Kinda seems like their growth has slowed since I say the worms... We will see

I started my nutrients today. Fox farm Grow big and Big bloom at 1/4 strength.. I'm going by their feeding schedule . But the ladies have all kinds of new growth popping up so I hope the nutes will push them a little further :) we will see, I'll have some pics up later

sorry for the lack of pics guys.. Well the other day i got my hands on 2 Bubble Gum clones, they will be a great addition. Tomorrow i am putting up he door on my grow room so the ladies will be entering it really soon. The ladies are growing fast, one of the BJA is really really starting to stink :)The BG clones smell sweet. But I will take some pics in the morning and have them up for u guys to see.

Was trying to tweak room temp. Yesterday it was around 82-84 which from what I have researched is ok, but I wanted it a little lower, so I made the intake hole bigger and added another fan right infront of it pulling more air in, then I pointed my osolatining fan right at the bulb, so for the last few hours today the temp has be 77. My light is about 2 feet above them also...

If you connect your exhaust fan to your reflector with some 6" flexible ducting and then connect the other end of the reflector to an area outside the grow area it will help ensures that the heat from the bulb never leaks into the room as it's constantly being sucked out of the room.

You also want to make sure the light-systems ventilation doesn't interfere with the grow room environment. So making sure it's completely sealed off from the grow area is important.

Then with your other fans you can bring fresh air in from outside the grow area and exaust back outside the grow area.

Two seperate systems that work together to create the perfect cultivation environment.

If you don't have another fan to exhaust the grow area, worry not brotha. All you need is a fresh air intake for the time being. Making sure that reflector is air-cooled and sealed off is the most important aspect of controlling that type of environment.

Give it a shot let us know how it works!

PS - Sorry, I just noticed you don't have an air-cooled reflector... My mistake. It appeared to be an air-cooled reflector at first glance of your pictures...

PSS- You may want to invest a little money into an air-cooled reflector and some flexible ducting... lol

This is my first grow, next one I'm investing in an air cooled hood, I can tell it would make a difference. But I have it at a steady 77 now :) couldn't I have the fan pulling the air thru the air cooled reflector, I mean pulling air from inside the room thru the air cooled hood and out? Almost like I would just hook up the 6in ducting from fan to light and have other end of light open??

Archived