Brandan's Perpetual Grow

Brandan

Lol they would get enough light in the rest of plant lol enough of it is under the lights foot print.. I was thinking of putting something under the bubble gums to raise them about a foot then raise my light.. Still not sure, but if it reaches the ceiling I'm gonna have to bend it lol

correct. light is A+ top notch numero uno your number one priority on that lanky sativa monster. if you cannot get her light, you may as well just pull her now.

do what you had planned. raise the others a few inches/foot if you can. when height becomes a problem its time for some nylon thread/string or maybe a pvc fence or something. she looks good, but if you cant get that top some light, she is worthless basically. make that canopy as level as you can :) looking swell bud..... i remember where where you were at a couple months ago :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i found what looked to be powdery mildew on some of the lower leaves on my plants :( i picked off all the leaves that i saw it on so i hope that issue is over lol. But her is my tall girl all tied up.

Looking good bro. Sorry to hear about the mildew, I Have not had to deal with mildew yet. My rule of thumb when dealing with pests or fungus is to nip it in the butt at the first sign. Head out to the local grow shop and pick up something that targets that specific disease and start applying. Since your into flowering you wont have much time, so the sooner the better. For your next grow you should try topping, I did it for the first time with my current grow and it has worked wonders for the plants. Also allows you to grow a bushier plant rather then a tall Christmas tree shaped one. The plants grow fine with a little bending here and there so have fun, just make sure not to bend and break! Good luck and happy growing!

So my girlfriend being the amazing woman she is, just sent me a text saying she picked me up some EcoSmart Organic fungicide :) yay! Lol so I'll check them again tonight. See if the baking soda mix did anything. I put my fan back in there, seemed like mildew appeared the day after I took it out :( but I'll give the soda mix a few days, if no improvement I'll use the organic spray..

I have been having luck using neem oil and a 10% skim milk 90% water solution. Im gathering the parts to build a DIU sulfer burner because its to much work spraying them every 3 or 4 days. The powderdy Mildew spores can live on anything really so you have to make sure you spray the undersides of the leaves. I bleached the walls and equipment twice in my veg room already trying to eradicate it. I havnt seen symptoms for about 3 days now but I dont think it will go away that easy.

I hope I caught it fast enough. I will also be bleaching room after I havest.. I swear the day I took one of the fans out the next day I saw the mildew... I'm gonna try the spray, one of the main ingredients is sulfur.. Does the same as the burner :) I'll let u know how it works fir me though,

Looking good but I would have definetely got those closer to the light. Thats why they stretched so much. Trust me on this one, I learned my lesson as well.

As close to the light as you can. Put your hand under that light and wait for several minutes(not just seconds). What YOU are comfortable with, your PLANTS are comfortable with.

I run a air cooled 1000 and have them less than a foot away. I also have a 600 connected to that which is obviously air cooled as well and they are less than a 1/2 foot away from that light. Good luck and have fun!

so yesterday around 2 i made a baking soda and water mix to spray on plants ( used way to much soda lol). Sprayed them all down. Around 11 or so i checked them, the soda had dried on the leaves, it is supposed to, but there was a little too much soda on the leaves, they were pretty white lol so one by one i took them out and mist/sprayed them with water to run off some of the soda. Checked them about 10 min ago and they r looking good. They still have soda on the leaves, which from what i have read will keep the surface ph of the leave around 7 which will make it impossible for the mildew to grow ( per numerous sites and Jorges grow bible). so over the next couple days i will be misting them to run off the soda. If i still end up seeing the mildew I have some EcoSmart spray for powdery mildew i will spray them with. Oh also, on the bubble gums i noticed that alot of the pistils r now red/brown, not sure if it from the spray or not. But overall the babies r looking very healthy, the tall one is tied down and loving it lol ill get some new pics up soon.

so, thus far 2 of my 4 clones have gotten nice roots and have been transplanted into dirt and given to a close friend of mine :jig: i believe that all of them would be rooted but the airstone in it is like a 10" and the bubbles are way to small, and the ones that rooted were in the best spots in the cloner and got more bubbles/water. so I am picking up a couple of the 5" ones to replace it :)

o the plants are doing great. They still have the baking soda on them, it looks like someone took flour and threw it into my room lol plants have a fine dusting of white soda lol. But i will let them stay like that for a couple more days, then i will be taking them one by one and washing all the leaves down with a soap/water mix to clean all the soda off and also get off any mildew that may have survived... i may spray them all with the fugiside just for precausions sake.. also i picked up a small dehumidifier from home depot today only $50.. ill have some new pics up in a day or two

So, checked my babies earlier and I still found some powdery mildew. Grrrrr. So I took them one by one up to my shower, mixed up a small amount of soap and water and washed all the leaves. Then I trimmed up the bottom so more air can circulate, next was to spray them down with EcoSmart Organic Garden Fungicide. Let them dry. Then back into room. So I really really hope this will do the trick, says to apply more spray 7-10 days later. I really don't want to lose my crop because my silly billy took a fan out of room and helped cause the mildew stuff....

Archived