My Latest Aquisition And Biggest Weakness....

Guest finallyfree09

nice axe! :thumbsu: i had a les paul lite for a while. ran into tough times and sold it. biggest mistake of my musical life. i have an sg now though. no comparison to the les paul but at least its a gibson!

Very awesome im so jealous ! :notfair:

Would love to own a real les paul but moneys tight so i doubt ill ever afford to buy the gold top ive always coveted.

goldtop.jpg

I've had a few Goldtops in my days. A 1970 Deluxe, a '72, a 2003 '57 historic reissue and a few Standards.

KD, that goldtop is a newer model called the Les Paul "Tribute". Obviously a tribute to the man himself after his passing not that long ago. Basically it's a replica of a first year 1952 lester with updated appointments and a trapeze tailpiece that actually makes that guitar playable.

Most of the original trapeze Les Pauls were unplayable....

Here is an article about the collection of the brother of a co-worker of mine. I drool each time i read and look through;

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/gibsonguitarsarelikepotat/

Yeah, I know Slub. He has a MASSIVE Les Paul collection. Like one of everything. Funny he doesn't have much vintage stuff though. If I had his money...I'd be holding vintage. Better investment.

I've had a few Goldtops in my days. A 1970 Deluxe, a '72, a 2003 '57 historic reissue and a few Standards.

KD, that goldtop is a newer model called the Les Paul "Tribute". Obviously a tribute to the man himself after his passing not that long ago. Basically it's a replica of a first year 1952 lester with updated appointments and a trapeze tailpiece that actually makes that guitar playable.

Most of the original trapeze Les Pauls were unplayable....

I know thats the tribute model ive been drooling over it since its introduction ....But i also enjoy eating and keeping a roof over my head so alas i wait till one day someone sells one i can afford on ebay which is likely never. :angry:

I know thats the tribute model ive been drooling over it since its introduction ....But i also enjoy eating and keeping a roof over my head so alas i wait till one day someone sells one i can afford on ebay which is likely never. :angry:

Actually, they're not too expensive. We gotta get you into a lester....I see you playin' a camo bullseye lester. :thumbsu:

Actually, they're not too expensive. We gotta get you into a lester....I see you playin' a camo bullseye lester. :thumbsu:

Naw i wouldnt buy anything involving Zakk the harmonic junkie Wyld if its not a gold top then give me a white custom with gold hardware and black pin stripes ala Randy Rhodes model . :rock:

randy1.jpg

Naw i wouldnt buy anything involving Zakk the harmonic junkie Wyld if its not a gold top then give me a white custom with gold hardware and black pin stripes ala Randy Rhodes model . :rock:

randy1.jpg

Now yer talking. A nice 1980 model aged to a beautiful yellow patina. I can see you rockin' that out! :bow:

A friend back in monroe had a black les paul custom with 3 pickups i always loved how that guitar looked and played but ive never seen one under 3 grand thats just fantasy to me on this tight budget but ya never know one day i might win the lottery. :thumbsu:

lespaulcustomz.jpg

A friend back in monroe had a black les paul custom with 3 pickups i always loved how that guitar looked and played but ive never seen one under 3 grand thats just fantasy to me on this tight budget but ya never know one day i might win the lottery. :thumbsu:

lespaulcustomz.jpg

Jenna had a 2 pickup model that she really misses. The market is in the toilet right now bro. I could get a 2 or 3 pup model Black Beauty, mint for 2K. Maybe 2.2K tops and that would be from the historic line custom shop model, not a production guitar... :thumbsu:

I'll get one eventually only because I love a all mahogany Les Paul and the Custom is one of the few that are like that. I had that all mahogany goldtop(1 of 25 ever made)and that thing was incredible. Sold it and miss the hell out of it. That was one rare bird there...

I hope I don't sound like I'm conceited or bragging or anything. I just love talking about and playing Les Paul's. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived