Michigan Based Mm Documentary

I've been turning the idea of a Michigan based documentary on Medical , decriminalization and prohibition. It seems to me that something like this could help to forward the stability of legislation here in MI. Ann Arbor and Yipsilanti have a long history of decriminalization so it seems that there should be some good evidence about the effect it's had long term on the communities there.

If you would be willing to participate, please leave a comment. It's in a purely planning stage and I'm contacting Michael Moore to see if it is something he would be interested in producing. Just tell what your position is (caregiver, collective worker, patient, doctor, lawyer...etc) when you leave your comment.

Thanks for taking the time to check this.

~Hempmerican

type one diabetic been smoking since i was 13 im 25 now. Im a Caregiver/patient and i would be willing to contribute to the Documentary I would be willing to do a interview on how MJ has helped me. Aswel as how the law has hurt me.

being pulled out of a car for having a insulian needle and being acused of heroin because i drove a bad as rusty truck at the time is uncalled for

UPDATE: The response for the MI mmj documentary has been great so far. I made a trip to Ann Arbor this week and met with a few locals and promoted the idea-the feedback was very encouraging. Today I'm beginning a rough draft of my proposal outline and I could use the support of someone who has had some grant writing experience. In the past I have written a proposal that was granted by the Fullbright for an educational project in which I took part in Ecuador(1997) but am lacking any background education in this process. I'm very passionate about the success of this project and would like a writing partner who is in the field of grant writing who shares my enthusiasm for seeing this documentary becoming a reality.

If you or someone you know fits this description, please post or PM me so we can begin to form a team.

So far I have collected the support of a professional videographer, several patients and caregivers as well as some professionals committed to the mmj movement.

We still need support from some political professionals, M.D.'s, Legal professionals, long time residents of Michigan who have first hand experience with the activism & decriminalization process of Ann Arbor, individuals who have served time in Michigan correctional institutions for Marijuana related charges as well as more patients and caregivers.

Soon the project will be in need of financial support but not until we have a formal proposal and incorporate our project...so please spread the word.

It's all too clear that this documentary is a need for Michigan and the Midwest in general so I have no doubt that it will soon become a reality.

Thanks again for staying up to date by reading my post...I look forward to hearing from YOU soon.

Namaste, :bow:

Hempmerican

Just a slight warning, the DEA arrested a guy that was on the news showing his grow. The (DEA) said he was flaunting it or something like that. Its a great idea, just be careful.

In response...we will follow the same precautions as the recent film 'The Union' utilized. No locations of CG operations or patients will be exposed.

Sound and video can also be distorted for anyone wishing to participate anonymously.

Love has been translated as fear for too long, it's time to turn it back over.

Peace,

Hempmerican

Patient, activist and Compassion Club leader. Started fighting in this war 42 years ago when arrested for possession of 2 gms. of Indiana ditch weed, sentenced to 6 years in Jackson or a 4 year military stint. Mind you, this was during the Vietnam era, so I got to visit the tropics for a bit. They turned me into a full blown activist at that time, but that took awhile to come to full fruation...so yeah, I got a story to tell...Peace...j.b.

Patient, activist and Compassion Club leader. Started fighting in this war 42 years ago when arrested for possession of 2 gms. of Indiana ditch weed, sentenced to 6 years in Jackson or a 4 year military stint. Mind you, this was during the Vietnam era, so I got to visit the tropics for a bit. They turned me into a full blown activist at that time, but that took awhile to come to full fruation...so yeah, I got a story to tell...Peace...j.b.

I will share my story as to the raid, how my kids were taken away, how the police have treated us and anything else I may be helpful to.

Keep up the good work!!

Peace,

Mary J

you BUDS are great! awesome support.

I have a special request of help on the final touches to the proposal and budget. I've only done one grant proposal in my life and with alot of help...so I'm still a noob.

If there is anyone out there with experience in grant/proposal writing and budgeting please shoot me a quick message. I'm trying to complete this within the week and get it up for funding.

I may be optimistic but it's looking very good!!!

Hempmerican

I will share my story as to the raid, how my kids were taken away, how the police have treated us and anything else I may be helpful to.

Keep up the good work!!

Peace,

Mary J

A direct violation of the direct orders of the voters of Michigan.

They have no protection left. They have committed kidnapping.

Hey Hempmerican,

That's a great idea to make a MI med marijuana documentary.

I'm a Licensed patient who was a former Iraqi vet and I use medical marijuana to help me sleep at night. I injured my back while in Iraq and have had chronic back pain ever since. If you're looking for any vets to represent the cause let me know.

Peace!

Guest drcanna-pest

I've been turning the idea of a Michigan based documentary on Medical , decriminalization and prohibition. It seems to me that something like this could help to forward the stability of legislation here in MI. Ann Arbor and Yipsilanti have a long history of decriminalization so it seems that there should be some good evidence about the effect it's had long term on the communities there.

If you would be willing to participate, please leave a comment. It's in a purely planning stage and I'm contacting Michael Moore to see if it is something he would be interested in producing. Just tell what your position is (caregiver, collective worker, patient, doctor, lawyer...etc) when you leave your comment.

Thanks for taking the time to check this.

~Hempmerican

I am a patient/caregiver so is my mother and father. we have excellent knowledge. let me know!

Archived