Apricot Cush

tricloud

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys my friend said thanks for the props. I can't wait til that is harvested, dried, and cured. I have a pic I took a few days ago and was going to take more this morning but the memory card was full. They are filling in very nicely since this pic but it may be fun to watch the progress:

aprico-cush-grow-19-days-close-up.jpg

aprico-cush-grow-19-days.jpg

The AC's are smelling nice and are filling in quickly now. I can't wait and once I run this batch there will almost always be AC's in my flower room. When they are finished some of us need to get together and have a pow wow. Here are a couple pic's I took yesterday morning @ 31 days:

apricot-cush-31-days-close-up-2.jpg

apricot-cush-31-days-close-up-1.jpg

Sounds good. I cant wait. :thumbsu: Any chance you might have some samples of that cherry AK47? I know it will be a while before your project will be finished but I have never tried an Ak47 that was very good and I know a few people on here just rave about it so I am just curious what all the hype is about. Peace, Afi

I'll have some cherry ak47 buds in a couple months. It's very tasty and smells awesome. The Apricot Cush tastes even better and packs a much bigger wallop. You feel the potency on the first toke.

Sometimes after smoking a whole joint of cherry ak47 I wonder if it even had any effect.

I'll have some cherry ak47 buds in a couple months. It's very tasty and smells awesome. The Apricot Cush tastes even better and packs a much bigger wallop. You feel the potency on the first toke.

Sometimes after smoking a whole joint of cherry ak47 I wonder if it even had any effect.

That is always the effect I got from AK sounds like you should try working some potency into that strain and it would be awesome. If you don`t mind me asking what male were you planning on using for the ak back crossing? That apricot cush sounds awesome.

I out crossed the Cherry AK47 to Apollo13. The weak structure of a13 seems to be recessive when crossed to a nice sturdy structured plant like AK47.

I'm still working on Apricot Cush so it will be a while b4 I have something stable for breeding. Once I get there there I might do it. I think A13 is going to be a great genetic for this project though.

Now I'm hoping for some cherry smelling male plants from the first cross. Then I'll be looking for cherry smelling plants to back cross with.

Hopefully it isn't diluted too much in the potency dept when done back crossing. I may still have some work cut out for me at that point.

Things having been moving along pretty good. Have 4 plants in the front row getting yellow too early. They are growing in the mix I was using with straight fox farm ocean forest, perlite and worm castings.

The new mix has 1 part ocean forest, 1 part Pro Mix BX, 2 parts perlite and 1 part worm castings and 1/2 part light warrior for extra microbes. The plants seem to be holding up better in it. I don't think fox farm is giving their ocean forest mix enough time to finish composting. I've recently felt fresh bags that were actually hot to the touch. I try to pre-mix my soil at least a week or 2 before using it.

Haven't been getting many replies but have had a couple requests for an update so here ya go, Apricot Cush clone grow at 39 days:

aprico-cush-39-days-close-up-2.jpg

aprico-cush-39-days-close-up-3.jpg

TY wolfgama. I'm getting pretty stoked about this grow. Last summer we grew out a small test grow of this stuff and every plant was awesome in the flavor and potency department. Can't describe how nice it is but this time we really caught lightning in a jar. I walked around with perma-smile for 6 weeks. Ever since we've been working our way toward this harvest and getting more seed plants started. Can't wait to check out some more apricot cush plants. We just put 16 new apricot cush females in the flower room. The pheno hunt is going strong. :D

TY wolfgama. I'm getting pretty stoked about this grow. Last summer we grew out a small test grow of this stuff and every plant was awesome in the flavor and potency department. Can't describe how nice it is but this time we really caught lightning in a jar. I walked around with perma-smile for 6 weeks. Ever since we've been working our way toward this harvest and getting more seed plants started. Can't wait to check out some more apricot cush plants. We just put 16 new apricot cush females in the flower room. The pheno hunt is going strong. :D

Ahhhh!! very welcome news, after trying out C-99 and liking it a lot, think I will wait for this AC to be available, hope it happens!:D

This made my day hearing you are so pleased with this plant.

Good Day!

Taj

She's finishing up quickly. I think she'll be totally ready in a week or @ 55 days. Started pre flushing last week with light doses of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom. Now to straight water for the next week for final flush. Here are some pictures I took this morning at 48 days:

apricot-cush-48-days--close-up.jpg

aprico-cush-48-days-close-up2.jpg

aprico-cush-48-days-macro-close-up.jpg

She's finishing up quickly. I think she'll be totally ready in a week or @ 55 days. Started pre flushing last week with light doses of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom. Now to straight water for the next week for final flush. Here are some pictures I took this morning at 48 days:

apricot-cush-48-days--close-up.jpg

aprico-cush-48-days-close-up2.jpg

aprico-cush-48-days-macro-close-up.jpg

Looking good! Almost has a creamy look with all that crystal.

I have to be honest, it looks just like Cindy grafted onto a better main stem! Buds, resination, and leaf structure are all mirror images to original Cindy, maybe internodal lengths are somewhat constrained, but it does look just like another BG pheno. (that's good, of course...)

Can you comment as to any differences in the medicinal profile?

I have to be honest, it looks just like Cindy grafted onto a better main stem! Buds, resination, and leaf structure are all mirror images to original Cindy, maybe internodal lengths are somewhat constrained, but it does look just like another BG pheno. (that's good, of course...)

Can you comment as to any differences in the medicinal profile?

Hey treehugger, there is no BG in this cross, the mother plant is Cush, aka Green Crack. I prefer to call it Cush because it sounds more friendly and it's what the original breeder named her. The Cush actually has a more" noodlish" structure than C99. To be honest the more sturdy structure wasn't planned but came as a welcome surprise. I hope that trait carries over well in the F3 generation.

There is a bit of a visual difference to me in the Apricot Cush and original C99 though. Original C99 gets golden colored hairs like the picture below. AC pistils are more brown after they change. The resination content is very similar to C99 though which is a trait most breeders hope to have carry over. Wasn't surprised about that though cause Cush has crazy resin production as well.

The more sativa dom structured AC plants are where the magic seems to be. That's where I plan on taking this line and I don't know when I'll be finished. Hopefully I can match up the right F2 plants and get a fairly stable F3. I still plan on taking it down to F4 for future breeding and crossing purposes. The best crosses come from nice stable lines.

AC f2 plants don't seem to produce that paranoia effect that C99 does. The medicinal benefits of the AC F2 gen has received many positive remarks from my patients and others who have tried her. Both "potent" and "tasty" are the most common remarks. AC is very uplifting like the Cush clone which pleases me very much. It's more potent than Cush also which was part of the final goal. This project turned out far more impressive than I thought it would have so far. Of course it's not done yet so we still have to see what lies ahead....

These F2 seeds produce awesome offspring right now though. I think we have a good chance to see some excellent and consistent quality F3 Apricot Cush plants soon. Stay tuned......

C99:

c99.jpg

Hey Tricloud, any chance I could buy you lunch and maybe sample some AC for desert? hehe.

Hey coxie,

After this Apricot Cush crop has been cut, dried and cured I'll bring some to the Genesee compassion club to let those interested get a taste. The 4-20 party might be a great day for it if it's ready.

We now have AC in the rotation on a constant basis and it's not getting kicked anytime soon. I can't wait to get that perma-smile grin back on my face...

Archived