Apricot Cush

tricloud

Here is a picture of an Apricot Cush f2 plant. It's something I have wanted to get started on for a while now. I just finished a small test grow and the finished product is amazing. I didn't really keep a back up of each plant since I was testing the seeds but I'm wishing I did. Each plant tastes nice but some are outstanding and none are slouches in the potency department. In fact my patients and many people I have let test remark on both potency and flavor. She's also extremely fast, 45-55 days.

It makes for excellent day meds but don't let that statement fool you, they can be VERY potent.

We're hoping to make some nice stable F3 seeds. We have partners helping grow these out to begin the selection process. I can't wait to run these again and I'll be keeping a back up of each female this time.

ApricotCushFinished-1.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a picture of an Apricot Cush f2 plant. It's something I have wanted to get started on for a while now. I just finished a small test grow and the finished product is amazing. I didn't really keep a back up of each plant since I was testing the seeds but I'm wishing I did. Each plant tastes nice but some are outstanding and none are slouches in the potency department. In fact my patients and many people I have let test remark on both potency and flavor. She's also extremely fast, 45-55 days.

It makes for excellent day meds but don't let that statement fool you, they can be VERY potent.

We're hoping to make some nice stable F3 seeds. We have partners helping grow these out to begin the selection process. I can't wait to run these again and I'll be keeping a back up of each female this time.

ApricotCushFinished-1.jpg

Think after that or with that a nice bowl of ice cream...lol

• 5 months later...

We're back on the Apricot Cush project. Here is a pic of one clone we are currently growing out. She wasn't the pick of the litter on the first run as it was a test. We didn't back any of the plants so took a shot in the dark and re-vegged this one. Chose it out of pure cosmetics and smell. Turned out that any plant from that grow could have been a keeper but this one was in the top 3. We are putting this plant in the rotation because it's superior to almost everything in the grow, the taste and effect is insane.

You can see it has a limber but very tight noded structure similar to Cinderella 99 but the branches grow more upward instead of straight out on a near 90 degree angle to the stalk.. It's a little strange but the flavor is basically what divides the 2 main phenotypes. You can tell the difference by a simple stem rub. The flower structure is a little more fluffy on the more fruity plants. The more dank smelling plants seem to have denser flowers so far also. The more dank smelling Apricot Cush plants kind of remind me of Apollo11 than they do C99 but when you smoke them the taste is quite unique.

apricot-cush-grow-twins-feb-2011-day1.jpg

apricot-cush-grow-twins-feb-2011-day1-pic2.jpg

Hey Thanks TajMajal, Afi, avgjoe and MichiganMan.

I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag unless avgjoe wanted to, so yes he is one of the official testers of the AC F2 beans. He has sworn not to let anything lose so please don't ask him. Once the project is complete we will go from there. Right now we have enough test growers currently working on this project so there are no more Apricot Cush test seeds available. Just want to save anybody who may be interested the time....

Here is a pic of this strange mutation that has occurred 2 times for me so far. Both times were from the same batch of Apricot Cush F2 seeds. The cutting I kept from the first batch exhibited this mutation. On the second set of leaves the plant shoots up a helicopter looking top, 4 pedals spread horizontally on a single upright vertical stem with no terminal bud. The plants almost immediately start producing 2 branches because it has no main terminal bud. I named the clone twins because it had 2 main tops. It's a self topping plant I call it the helicopter mutation because they look like a helicopter rotor with 4 blades. Check it out.

I probably won't ever purposely breed this trait in but it is an interesting looking thing isn't it?

mutant-top-angle1.jpg

mutant-side-angle1.jpg

When tricloud told me that AC was Stronger then his C88-99,I so had to try it.I am a huge Cinderella fan thanks to tri and every strain he has is top shelf medicine.

It is an honour to grow out these f2s and I take the responsibility very seriously,pics will be coming soon to show everyone the progress.

I seem to have a knack for finding killer phenos in plants,ever since I ordered seeds from the SSSC back in the 80s.They were the smallest seeds I have ever seen and were sure they wouldnt germinate.They ended up being the best MJ I have ever grown.So now when picking out seeds in a pack,I pick the smallest ones out and germ them first.

But it all starts with the seeds,without excellent genetics,its wasted time.

I would go as far to say that tricloud is one of the best breeders on this side of the pond,not to mention,he's a good guy too.

Two of the stems have a sharp fruit like odor and the other 2 have very little smell.They're all looking very healthy and should be showing their sex soon.

Thanks tricloud,you da man.

No problem avgjoe, thanks for the help. Stem rubs and subtle smells are a big part of male plant selection for me. Of course there are other important traits but I've always liked to rub all the plant stems and smell the aroma. You can learn a lot by smelling plants.

Those AC plants will preflower for you very nice and early. I need my reading glasses to do it now days but you should be able to see them between the 7th and 9th node. Very easy to sex early and move on....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived