Let's Make Some Money!

5th

Well, if this were a perfect mj world...

One could make money and care for the sick. Mj would be totally legal and a dispensary could be run from both angles.

The shopfront where anyone wanting to use recreational mj could be charged street prices and taxes and all that.

And the backroom for prescription/card folks that get their goods under a different set of rules. Like no taxes and price breaks since it's medicine for them, and they got the paperwork to prove it.

Balance out the storefront profits to cover the backroom costs. Put up a notice that x amount of proceeds from the storefront purchases go into the relief fund to help cover the backroom costs. Just don't take on more patients to help than you have profits coming in from the storefront, lol. I guess if you wanted to you could be helping no one and run for pure profit <_< But then, you could also run the shop and turning pretty much all the profits into helping more people too :goodjob:

If you had the right kind of location, you could do cooking classes. I'm gonna stop there otherwise this will be a ten page tangent about food :rolleyes:

At least we are working on making it a more perfect mj world.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you get relief from medical marihuana? You didnt mention your reason for using it. I personally have chronic D-IBS. Akenewell just posted a lengthy study of D-IBS marihuana use and the results are amazing. I could not function normally for my family or comunity without my use of MM. This medicine is no joke man.. You arent one of those who just got the card to legally grow for your own consumption recreationally are you?? If so you are no better than those who just start a dispensary to make money.. Hmmm this all seems rash and childish to me.. THIS MEDICINE IS NO JOKE MAN.

Sigh....One minute you want to hug me the next minute your trippin

I have no desire to open up about my medical life like most people here do. I have a legit condition and it sure isn't a simple fix that would be better medicated with something else. Marijuana has always been a medicine to me. I love to grow, but it's not easy in a wheelchair.(yes I threw that in for attention. Boo Hoo Poor cripled up me)

Come on people, Do we really need to tell each other to shut up. I always thought that this was a friendly website for like minded people to express opinions about MM. 5th has his/her right to speak there mind and we need to be respectful.

I to some extent agree with 5th. My big complaint is when a care giver has an overage and there tryin to charge me 500-600 bucks a zip. Now theres no way anyone can tell me that they have 500 to 600 bucks invested in 1 zip and if you do then your either a bunny muffin*y grower or your have some super special meds.

My whole point is that there is now compassion involved. I agree with the fact that if you invest in something there has to be a return. No one on this forum will pay to go to work. Thats like wiping your butt before you poop, it just doesn't make sense. I agree with paying for the lighting, and the extra energy bills, nutes and anything else involved with growing but I'm not gonna pay for a care giver to drive a corvette or put there kids through college.

Thank You for being honest without being a mean jerk. Too many hard core pot heads here Geez!

Well, if this were a perfect mj world...

One could make money and care for the sick. Mj would be totally legal and a dispensary could be run from both angles.

The shopfront where anyone wanting to use recreational mj could be charged street prices and taxes and all that.

And the backroom for prescription/card folks that get their goods under a different set of rules. Like no taxes and price breaks since it's medicine for them, and they got the paperwork to prove it.

Balance out the storefront profits to cover the backroom costs. Put up a notice that x amount of proceeds from the storefront purchases go into the relief fund to help cover the backroom costs. Just don't take on more patients to help than you have profits coming in from the storefront, lol. I guess if you wanted to you could be helping no one and run for pure profit <_< But then, you could also run the shop and turning pretty much all the profits into helping more people too :goodjob:

If you had the right kind of location, you could do cooking classes. I'm gonna stop there otherwise this will be a ten page tangent about food :rolleyes:

At least we are working on making it a more perfect mj world.

Another person who can anwser without being a jerk, Thank You! I enjoy hearing from people who actually want to educate me instead of fighting with me.

"Your a drug dealer if your making a living on Marijuana sales and you deserve to be shut down"

And you're an evil opportunist is you make a money off from selling food because people are hungry.

Landlords should provide housing to people at just the cost of the land and buildings. After all, people are homeless

Teachers should just get reimbursed for the costs of books and desks.

Doctors certainly shouldn't make money from caring for the sick! That's just wrong

No offense, but I work very hard at providing the best service possible to my patients. When we're not in the garden we're up to our arms in paperwork, researching new equipment and techniques, promoting the service so patient's can find us, worrying about both cops AND robbers, paying our legal bills, thinking about what would become of our families if LEO decides they don't like the law and kicks down our door...

Yeah, I can totally see where you're coming from... :thumbsd:

…… voters hit the polls and cast their vote to allow sick …..[to] curb their suffering.

Exactly!!! Since some sick cannot grow for various reasons and some cannot find a care giver Dispenser truly fulfill the will of the voter by giving the most people uninterrupted ability to curb their suffering.

Nobody should be making an income from the sale of Marijuana,

The law state that a “cost” can be recovered. For those who do not know what cost is, it includes labor and overhead.

I feel no pity for those of you who have the narrow minded idea that it's OK to sell Marijuana.

Do you feel pity for those who are now without their meds? Those who frequented the dispensaries did so to relieve there suffering. Now they have no relief. Dispensaries would not exist if Patients did not need them. It is in human and demonic to deny patients their medication. Why is that "Narrow Minded"?

You people

You always know when a sentence starts with “you people” it is going to be finished with a thoughtful and unbigoted statement. How to win friends and influence people.

Some of you people are misguided souls who have little education and you can be influenced to stand up for something that you can't even explain.

Are you saying the uneducated are stupid mindless sheep? Some of the people that have made the greatest marks in history have had little education. Are you an Elitist?

people get all doped up and stand around all day stoned with a sign in their hands.

Hmmm, where did you get your education?

Every protest the majority of the protesters are stoned and once they start talking you hear stoned rambling that sounds no different then the same BS I've heard for the past 35 years.

Never mind those people are patients with MS and other diseases that can make it hard to communicate. We cannot all be as good as you are at communicating. You know, since we are all stoned and have little education. Can you believe some people do not even use paragraphs in their writing?

What field have you been in for the last 35 years where you have heard this “BS”. You seem aggressive and a little hot headed.

I've been involved with Marijuana for well over 25 years and NEVER had a legal issue

Good for you!!!

Enjoy your time in the system, courts, fines, jail time, property loss, children taken away etc.

Do you agree with the destruction of the lives of people who run dispensaries? How about destroying their children's lives? How about masked men with adrenalin and guns man handling patients? To destroy these peoples lives is a great injustice. This is why we will protest!!!!! You can stay home and enjoy your freedom as we stand up against an injustice.

I'll be enjoying my personal grow

Now we get down to a motivation. ME ME ME. Well take your ball and go home while we try to correct this war against the sick people of Michigan.

No I don't. I guess there is some more to learn for me. I don't know what to say...

I guess it makes sense to allow money for the time spent in the garden. I spend too much time making things perfect in the grow room and to do that x5 more people would eat up a load of my time. Perhaps I am the ignorant fool missing the boat.

I never thought being a good Marijuana grower would be anything of value to others. I might need to meet more people who are actually getting relief from this medicine. Perhaps I could help... I donno it still seems like asking for a lot of trouble to me.

It's a skilled trade. The talents can take years to learn. Usually they are greatly underpaid for what they do.

I would guess that most caregivers have patients that they provide free medicine to. Many as often as they can.

What results is that "greatly underpaid" I mentioned. I would guess that most caregivers earn less than minimum wage.

I would urge people here to slow down.

5th may have thought about a few things while this thread grew.

There is nothing wrong about not knowing things. The problem arrives when someone wants to remain that way. It looks to me that 5th passed that test with flying colors.

Please try to make him feel welcome here.

thanks

da nut

I to some extent agree with 5th. My big complaint is when a care giver has an overage and there tryin to charge me 500-600 bucks a zip. Now theres no way anyone can tell me that they have 500 to 600 bucks invested in 1 zip and if you do then your either a bunny muffin*y grower or your have some super special meds.

That is what I agree with. I think prices can get high yes, some people do see that they can make money off uninformed patients ect but over time the true CAREgivers will shine through and everything will even out. I agree the is a need for dispensaries and I support what they were/are doing. There are a few things to consider tho, not everyone grows in their house therefore there is an additional rent/mortgage payment on top of the lights, nutes, bills, and don't forget just like at "real" (5ths words not mine) jobs, you get paid by the hour or week for your PERSONAL time completing whatever tasks your job may include. I don't like the 500 ozs, but once CGs get their initial investment back I would be willing to bet that the prices will be going down, it all depends on the experience and what exactly you and your caregiver have determined as a contract. All of my patients receive a free oz every harvest, and then anything over that oz is at a much better rate then any dispensaries, delivery services and street prices. I do not think caregivers should be living in mansions with driveways full of cars, but I do think they deserve to be fairly compensated and allowed to live a comfortable life financially, which in turn will allow more time and dedication to the crop which will only benefit the patients.

wow, folks are hostile... and I'm usually the saucy devils advocate, lmao :)

Well... if a place is selling pot to people it isn't supposed to, that isn't right and the law should step in. That's what they are paid to do. The place should care enough about their patients not to be fooling around with that crap. Just like a bar serving to underage. Don't be stupid enough to do it if you want to stay in business.

However, it is not right on the behalf of the LEO to pick on the people who are following the rules, and this has been happening. If the LEO went into a bar serving underage, they wouldn't confiscate the drink sitting in front of the adults. They wouldn't bust into the bar with guns brandished, and getting crazy on all the patrons. At least, I hope they wouldn't.

The LEO has been dealing roughly with a vulnerable group of people. I can understand the righteous anger that invokes.

But hey.. let's all argue nice here and save it for those who deserve it please :)

Without protesters you wouldn't even have the ability to enjoy the legal grow room you speak of! Maybe you need to grow a different strain to help control your anger. I know I know your worried about the money makers causing a change in the law that will take away your grow room right?

No worries because those stoned protestors will make sure that does not happen.

Take care of yourself Grumpy! and when you see more clearly I encourage you to come to a protest and meet the protesters in person instead of reading about it on the internet and reaching conclusions. You will see history in the making right before your eyes.

By the way I'll be the one offering to push your wheelchair to the courthouse steps, offering you an umbrella if it rains, cup of coffee to keep ya alert and warm. Were not all flipping pot heads either Geez!

~MellowFellow

That is what I agree with. I think prices can get high yes, some people do see that they can make money off uninformed patients ect but over time the true CAREgivers will shine through and everything will even out. I agree the is a need for dispensaries and I support what they were/are doing. There are a few things to consider tho, not everyone grows in their house therefore there is an additional rent/mortgage payment on top of the lights, nutes, bills, and don't forget just like at "real" (5ths words not mine) jobs, you get paid by the hour or week for your PERSONAL time completing whatever tasks your job may include. I don't like the 500 ozs, but once CGs get their initial investment back I would be willing to bet that the prices will be going down, it all depends on the experience and what exactly you and your caregiver have determined as a contract. All of my patients receive a free oz every harvest, and then anything over that oz is at a much better rate then any dispensaries, delivery services and street prices. I do not think caregivers should be living in mansions with driveways full of cars, but I do think they deserve to be fairly compensated and allowed to live a comfortable life financially, which in turn will allow more time and dedication to the crop which will only benefit the patients.

I agree with a fair wage for a fair days work but when does it go to far? I've talked to a few caregiver/friends and from what there tellin me, they're getting anywhere from 4 to 10 oz.'s per plant. Now they maybe just talkin sh*t but if you do the math even at the 4 Oz number thats $24,000 per harvest if you get 4 O's per plant times your 12 plants times 500 an O. And if you can get 2 to 3 harvests per year, your doin a little better then min. wage.

I'm not tryin to say that im Robin Hood or anything but if I had an overage and I saw a card carrying patient at a meeting in need and they couldn't afford meds, I would give it to them. I'm a firm believer in karma and I'm not saying that anyone that makes a living from MM is a bad person or anything like that. But I guess the only thing that matters is what your patients are comfortable/can afford paying and if that's good enough for the care giver.

Ok first of all telling me to shut up is just plain childish. As far as your cargiver job - your the one who decided to be a caregiver because why? I know you care SO much about sick people that your willing to accept money for your efforts. Spare me! Your in it for the money! Wanna prove me wrong then do it for the cost of your electric bill or the nutes, light hoods, light bulbs etc. You want money for your time and effort which shows me your just in it for the money. Grow your weed give it away and get a real job kid. I know not everyone can grow and thats where people like you take advantage of the sick with your hunger for money.

ok.. well i would tell a child to shut up if they were speaking out of line and i will tell you the same... there r so many wholes i can eat in ur argument...

#1 Pfizer, Watson, Roche, Tylenol, Excedrin, Benedryl u know those names i bet u have paid them for there time, efforts, machinery, research, book keeping, testing, failures, lawsuits ect.. not to mention the type of profit margin they make off the suffering... "hey lets make some money" thats what they said too but they look smarter for it than u plus im sure your not protesting their sales of drugs

#2 do you go to work for hours every day and work for free? bet not...

#3 if u invested in a business, cuz it is that, with thousands of dollars, countless hours of time, education (time spent learning/failing.) and all the time it takes to do everything else. you would want more than cost for ur efforts... thats why a surgeon makes so much money. he has invested so much in his craft ie time money education

you chose whatever profession you did and you expect to be compensated to do it like any other job or trade

the shut up thing was necessary cuz i know what kind of time and WORK i have put into what i have and anyone who obviously has no comprehension of what it takes to do all of that not to mention risk ( i know we r legal but there is risk leo/thugs) is someone speaking a very uneducated opinion and should shut up and educate themselves first.. im just saying if you make a comment like that then expect to be told to shut up or put up... usually u educate urself first before u go ranting in the streets with an opinion i have an A** Hole too doesnt mean i go speaking about it like im a proctologist just cuz ive been whiping it and keepin it clean all these years...

I agree with a fair wage for a fair days work but when does it go to far? I've talked to a few caregiver/friends and from what there tellin me, they're getting anywhere from 4 to 10 oz.'s per plant. Now they maybe just talkin sh*t but if you do the math even at the 4 Oz number thats $24,000 per harvest if you get 4 O's per plant times your 12 plants times 500 an O. And if you can get 2 to 3 harvests per year, your doin a little better then min. wage.

I'm not tryin to say that im Robin Hood or anything but if I had an overage and I saw a card carrying patient at a meeting in need and they couldn't afford meds, I would give it to them. I'm a firm believer in karma and I'm not saying that anyone that makes a living from MM is a bad person or anything like that. But I guess the only thing that matters is what your patients are comfortable/can afford paying and if that's good enough for the care giver.

just a thought caregivers should not grow 12 plants per patient thats way to much per patient if you grew what the patient needs 1 to 3 plants maby per month that way there is very little overages to get rid of

just a thought caregivers should not grow 12 plants per patient thats way to much per patient if you grew what the patient needs 1 to 3 plants maby per month that way there is very little overages to get rid of

Most of the care givers have said that it is hard to keep a steady supply. Frequently plants are lost to fungus, bacteria, mold, spider mites, nute mistakes, falling lights, power outages, vacations, pets, toxic salt build ups, and many other things. Also, the yield varies from each cycle do to less than perfect conditions. So, if a care giver tries to shoot for the perfect amount any failure results in an interrupted supply and could be devastating for a patient. So, they do not have much choice but to have overages sometimes to prevent shortages. And if you have read these boards for a while you see that even at max plant counts some caregivers can not keep an uninterrupted supply for their patients. My guess is this will get better as caregivers get more experience.

Well you and I know that to be true but how many people are actually following that? How many people are trying to make growing MM a full time job? Just b/c we have MM in michigan, it doesn't give everyone and there brother a golden ticket to quit there 40 hour/week job and grow pot.

ive got over 1200 invested in my room so far (NOT INCLUDING BEANS!) and STILL don't have my room set up! by the time i am done there will be over $2000 wrapped up into growing my own medicine. thats just for 1 guy mind you. now... if i had to set up for 5 OTHER people i will probably have well over $5000 into it. pretty expensive if you ask me.

somebody is gonna make some $. and why shouldn't they? hard work is hard work no matter how you look at it.

yesir thats my point... i wont let anyone continue to speak when they dont know what they r talking about and try to downplay ALL of the WORK thats gone into mine.. not to mention all the money u will probalbly spend after that to perfect things even further

ok.. well i would tell a child to shut up if they were speaking out of line and i will tell you the same... there r so many wholes i can eat in ur argument...

#1 Pfizer, Watson, Roche, Tylenol, Excedrin, Benedryl u know those names i bet u have paid them for there time, efforts, machinery, research, book keeping, testing, failures, lawsuits ect.. not to mention the type of profit margin they make off the suffering... "hey lets make some money" thats what they said too but they look smarter for it than u plus im sure your not protesting their sales of drugs

#2 do you go to work for hours every day and work for free? bet not...

#3 if u invested in a business, cuz it is that, with thousands of dollars, countless hours of time, education (time spent learning/failing.) and all the time it takes to do everything else. you would want more than cost for ur efforts... thats why a surgeon makes so much money. he has invested so much in his craft ie time money education

you chose whatever profession you did and you expect to be compensated to do it like any other job or trade

the shut up thing was necessary cuz i know what kind of time and WORK i have put into what i have and anyone who obviously has no comprehension of what it takes to do all of that not to mention risk ( i know we r legal but there is risk leo/thugs) is someone speaking a very uneducated opinion and should shut up and educate themselves first.. im just saying if you make a comment like that then expect to be told to shut up or put up... usually u educate urself first before u go ranting in the streets with an opinion i have an A** Hole too doesnt mean i go speaking about it like im a proctologist just cuz ive been whiping it and keepin it clean all these years...

oh forgot a huge one what do spend on ur food?

you pay for ur broccoli right, im sure meds would be cheaper if i could grow a cornfield i promise if the gov lets me grow cornfields of marihuana it will be cheaper... but i will profit cuz it will be what i do for a living..

Well you and I know that to be true but how many people are actually following that? How many people are trying to make growing MM a full time job? Just b/c we have MM in michigan, it doesn't give everyone and there brother a golden ticket to quit there 40 hour/week job and grow pot.

if there is a demand and i can fill it i have a right to do the job thats america bro... never had a 40 hour a week job to begin with just a lifestyle 24/7 that generated a profit

if there is a demand and i can fill it i have a right to do the job thats america bro... never had a 40 hour a week job to begin with just a lifestyle 24/7 that generated a profit

So whats the cost of your "compassion"? and I'm glad that marijuana paid for your 24/7 "lifestyle". So then cap, do u sell your meds to nonpatients? and are you a patient/caregiver?

Ok first of all telling me to shut up is just plain childish. As far as your cargiver job - your the one who decided to be a caregiver because why? I know you care SO much about sick people that your willing to accept money for your efforts. Spare me! Your in it for the money! Wanna prove me wrong then do it for the cost of your electric bill or the nutes, light hoods, light bulbs etc. You want money for your time and effort which shows me your just in it for the money. Grow your weed give it away and get a real job kid. I know not everyone can grow and thats where people like you take advantage of the sick with your hunger for money.

I agree to a point dispenseries overcharge the people in need and i knew it was just a matter of time before law enforcement started to harrass them.

Why you ask?

LEO simply wanted a bigger piece of the pie and the forfeiture law ensured thats what happened. :notfair:

As for the average caregiver they are taking a huge risk growing in their spot stinking up the house putting their own money into each harvest until their patients pay what they can afford while im not happy with seeing people advertise $300 to $500 a oz medicine its their and their patients perogative to contiue doing buisness with each other right? :mellow:

I think mr. fifth cant be growing very good meds cause if he was he wouldnt be soooo ornerey. What do ya say maybe time for a new strain, you can probably pick up a couple new strains at your local disp... oh yea you hate them, well good luck with what youve got there, maybe change your screen name to mr. personality.

So you've been a Marijuana grower/seller your whole working career? I'm not sure that's something you should brag about on-line or anywhere else. You really believe there are no federal watchdogs on this site? I know nobody can trace you because your SO clever cloaking your IP addy and GP right? Ha Ha Ha What a bonehead. Even the most seasoned stoners will get a little upset to hear you brag about never having to work a day in your life. Sorry, but to save you from your own self I have to give it right back at ya--Shut up before you get into hot water talking such foolishness.

I must admit I've never met someone who has NEVER had a job before....Dayumn! -- pb edit --

Good luck with that life of yours. You'll need it! Whew! -- snip .. pb edit --

pb -> please hold back on the personal attacks. <--

I've asked this thread to be nicer to you. Please do the same.

So you've been a Marijuana grower/seller your whole working career? I'm not sure that's something you should brag about on-line or anywhere else. You really believe there are no federal watchdogs on this site? I know nobody can trace you because your SO clever cloaking your IP addy and GP right? Ha Ha Ha What a bonehead. Even the most seasoned stoners will get a little upset to hear you brag about never having to work a day in your life. Sorry, but to save you from your own self I have to give it right back at ya--Shut up before you get into hot water talking such foolishness.

I must admit I've never met someone who has NEVER had a job before....Dayumn! You must be a punk kid or a true career criminal.

Good luck with that life of yours little guy You'll need it! Whew! Unbeliveable! This kid has smoked himself retarded.

Your on your way to getting banned 5th may i suggest you refrain from namecalling. :thumbsu:

Archived